Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:28:38 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Facebook campaigns to save a pit bull that mauled a little boy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
You know I don't necessarily lack sympathy for the dog. This dog was kept out on a chain all the time and probably abused.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »
The Aztlanist baby mama and her shackjob are responsible for his condition. They should be charged with criminal neglect and involuntarily sterilized.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »
Let's leave nationality out of this .

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would want such a dangerous dog as a pet.  I read the article earlier today from a link of Drudge.  I could not believe the comments.  People were saying that the baby sitter should be held responsible, and that the only reason the dog got all crazy was because the child was playing with a bone near the dog.  Baloney!

When it comes down to wild beasts (and pit bulls are beasts) vs. children, my sympathies lie with the child.  That dog should have been put down immediately.  And the parents should be punished for harboring such a menace. 

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
Pitbulls are not dangerous animals it's how they are raised. You could take a golden retriever which have a higher tendency to bite their owners and others or dalmatian dogs which also have that same tendency and group them in with Pitbulls.  You could put any domesticated animal and group them in too. Pitbulls used to be used as "nanny" type dogs to watch children because they are good at protecting what they view as their family.
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
From what I understand, pit pulls are bred to be vicious animals. 

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:13 PM »
From what I understand, pit pulls are bred to be vicious animals.
Certain people do breed them for dog fighting. But if any dog is shown love and treated right it will return that 10 fold.
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
Certain people do breed them for dog fighting. But if any dog is shown love and treated right it will return that 10 fold.

There are so many dog breeds.  So why would anyone take a gamble by owning a pit bull?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
There are so many dog breeds.  So why would anyone take a gamble by owning a pit bull?

Mixed with a golden retriever, no locking jaws and it doesn't go crazy, so that's a great dog, but you need red noses around to keep making them.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
Pitbulls do not have locking jaws. There is no proof their jaws lock on while biting

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »
Pitbulls do not have locking jaws. There is no proof their jaws lock on while biting

Oh. They still can snap though.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
The dog was kept on a chain. It is known fact that a lot of Hispanics are less than stellar owners that leave their dog on a chain all the time--not necessarily out of deliberate abuse, but out of ignorance. Trust me, I know. We have no idea of what Mickey's background or life have been. It may be that he needs to be put down (I don't know), but it was not his fault--he is an animal, not a moral actor.

It is beyond question that a great many Hispanics procreate irresponsibly and then look to others to help support the consequences of such--be it the government or other citizens that are not qualified to be such. Young women should not be getting knocked up outside of wedlock and then looking to the relatives of their baby daddy to provide childcare. This is irresponsible behavior no matter what. This is how the boy got in the situation. It is not like Kevin was innocently walking down the street and set upon by a pack of killer dogs. No--stupid, thoughtless adults put him in this situation.

From what I know of pits, human-aggression is not a desired trait. The dogfighters want an animal that will tear another dog up, but can be safely handled and trusted. That doesn't mean that they are all noble dogs, or that I'm denying that a lot of hoods like to have them in order to look macho and hardcore, but like any other dog, the vast majority of the issue is how they were raised and treated. I know about retrievers that have savagely turned on people. I think dog-breed bans are as stupid as gun bans.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 10:49:29 PM »
Mixed with a golden retriever, no locking jaws and it doesn't go crazy, so that's a great dog, but you need red noses around to keep making them.
Rachael Ray (just about the only celebrity that I really enjoy for the most part) owns nothing but red-nosed pits and I believe some of them have been fighting rescues. I'm not a pit owner, or a dog owner at all (I don't really care for canines; I much prefer cats) but I do not think it is fair to blame a whole class of animals for incidents that come about because of how some people treat them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-faq.php
Yes, a powerful dog will do more damage when it bites, yeah. That doesn't mean it is more likely to attack. A lot of the smaller breeds are notoriously unstable and prone to viciousness, but generally a spaniel or Yorkie won't do a lot of damage.

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »
Oh. They still can snap though.

Any dog or any pet can snap if mistreated.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
I'm not a pit owner, or a dog owner at all (I don't really care for canines; I much prefer cats) but I do not think it is fair to blame a whole class of animals for incidents that come about because of how some people treat them.

Same as me 100%

Any dog or any pet can snap if mistreated.

So can you. A pitbull can snap just like that. I know a girl who lost an ear to one.