Author Topic: Comments about the ABC Republican Debate?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Comments about the ABC Republican Debate?
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:45:08 AM »
Did anyone see the Republican debate in Iowa on ABC?  If not, you can see it all on YouTube.  I've been the most impressed with Tom Tancredo, he seems like the best Republican candidate for President although he doesn't receive the media exposure that the front-runners receive.  Ron Paul has more money than McCain now, and scarily enough, it seems that his support is increasing. 

What were your impressions of the debate?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Re: Comments about the ABC Republican Debate?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:16 AM »
It's only the outsiders who are worth a damn as far as I can see.

A debate amongst the front runners seems to be a question of how far to drop ones pants to the arabs.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:08:19 AM »
Did anyone see the Republican debate in Iowa on ABC?  If not, you can see it all on YouTube.  I've been the most impressed with Tom Tancredo, he seems like the best Republican candidate for President although he doesn't receive the media exposure that the front-runners receive.  Ron Paul has more money than McCain now, and scarily enough, it seems that his support is increasing. 

What were your impressions of the debate?

I liked Hunter and Tancredo.  Giuliani seemed decent. 

The liberal George Stephanopoulos was trying to give lead-ins to the media of what to write about.  After discussing health-care, he's like, so all of you are against increasing the SCHIP program.  So he was telling the media to say that all the candidates are against children having health-care.  This isn't true but that's how liberals try to present it.  They try to justify "universal health-care" by saying republicans don't want people to have health-care. 

Tancredo's response was great about how politicians shouldn't be tricked into increasing the SCHIP program just so illegal aliens will get welfare at the expense of the American taxpayer. 

I think Tommy Thompson should drop out.  Health-care seems to be what he really wants to talk about.  He should just ask to be a health-care adviser to the candidate who wins the GOP nominee. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:14:23 AM by RationalThought110 »

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
I missed it. Off to youtube....

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:35:25 AM »
I missed it. Off to youtube....

Youtube has the entire debate or it highlights clips of it?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 12:59:49 AM »
Frank Lutz conducted a focus group (probably no more than 50) of Iowa citizens or residents who watched the debate.  They liked Mike Huckabee.  If only they knew about some of his past statements about illegal aliens...

Tancredo has nailed him and Huckabee is trying to hide: 

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/main.asp?SectionID=8&SubSectionID=8&ArticleID=16686&TM=84257.83