Author Topic: Criticism of the Israeli government  (Read 2233 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Criticism of the Israeli government
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:10:50 AM »
A supporter of the Israeli Bolshevik government, who is currently visiting Israel, says the following:

"Right now, My family and I are in Israel. I was gratified to see that my country is still a place of vibrant, happy, free thinking, resourceful people."   He also goes on to say how Israeli Jews will go on to forget about those in the diaspora and then says...."The future belongs to us, the generation that has had to clean up their f**kin' mess and will probably spend the rest of our lives doing it. But we will do so happily knowing that we are ensuring a brighter future for my kid's generation."
He also goes on to bash a Haredi Jew who lives in Israel--I repeat lives, not just visiting. 

Claiming to be "free thinking" while bashing the Haredi who don't want a PLO state on Israel's land is mutually exclusive. 

My response: 

If your country truly wants to be "free thinking", its government will tell the US no more.You think Israel needs US foreign aid? It's done for the most part to have influence over Israel.

As long as the US currently accepts foreign aid from Israel, it must remain silent when the US gives military aid to Saudi Arabia.

US foreign aid to Israel is a small part of the Israeli national budget. Israel could do without it and then will feel free to to develop its military--rather than buy US weapons-- and economy.

Although Israeli citizens may feel "free thinking", its government is not.

Maybe the "free thinkers" will finally vote out the politicians who have no leadership skills and rely on the US government to be told what to do.

Netanyahu, Ehud Barak, Sharon, Olmert...the "free thinkers" should think about whether there's any difference between any of them other than representing different political parties. Just because politicians are from different political parties doesn't mean that they basically represent the same policies.

You want people who read this forum to think you have no "ax to grind" with Chaim (a Heredi Jew and not the one started JTF). Why don't you admit already that you have a hatred toward him? He lives in Israel. Who are you to say to him that he should have no say in Israel's affairs?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Criticism of the Israeli government
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:38:39 AM »
Interesting, but many Haredi Jews are not Zionists at all. Look at the Agudah Gurs for instance.

newman

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:42:22 AM »
Interesting, but many Haredi Jews are not Zionists at all. Look at the Agudah Gurs for instance.

I thought MOST charedim were NOT zionist.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:43:04 AM »

The one I was referring to is a supporter of the Hilltop Youth and is against a PLO state on Israel's land.  He knew Rabbi Kahane and was a supporter of him. 

Do the Agudah Gurs live in Israel? 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 03:44:02 AM »
I don't mean that the guy you mean is a bad guy, just that not all Haredim are.

Yeah, the Agudah Gur are in Israel.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 03:44:17 AM »

I thought MOST charedim were NOT zionist.

I'm not sure if it's accurate that most aren't.  However, I do know that there are definitely some who are. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 03:51:05 AM by RationalThought110 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 03:47:49 AM »
Well then, may they be blessed all of their days. One thing that concerns me about haredim is that they tend to do whatever their rabbi thinks or says and think that they are infallible/incontrovertible.

I know there are some good haredim but what if their rabbi just up and decides to oppose the existence of Israel?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 03:50:35 AM »
I don't mean that the guy you mean is a bad guy, just that not all Haredim are.

Yeah, the Agudah Gur are in Israel.

The person I quoted who was visiting Israel was bashing an American Jew as well as a Haredi type Kahanist supporter.

Some of the rabbis who protest gay parades in Jerusalem are Haredi. 
I think Agudah Gur is different. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »
Well then, may they be blessed all of their days. One thing that concerns me about haredim is that they tend to do whatever their rabbi thinks or says and think that they are infallible/incontrovertible.

I know there are some good haredim but what if their rabbi just up and decides to oppose the existence of Israel?

Maybe you should ask this in the ask JTF.  If you've already asked a question, would you like me to pose this as a question in the "Ask JTF" thread? 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 03:53:07 AM »
In what part of Israel do the Agudah Gur live in?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 04:04:06 AM »
Southern, I think, but am not sure.