Author Topic: Shocking Survey: Proof that Crime is racially motivated  (Read 1169 times)

Boeregeneraal

Shocking Survey: Proof that Crime is racially motivated
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:31:06 AM »
S.Africa: Shocking Survey: Proof that Crime is racially motivated

http://www.africancrisis.co.za/Article.php?ID=16041&

Date Posted: Sunday 05-Aug-2007
[This is very important. There is so much information of interest in here. Note, the Indians are bearing the brunt of crime but they also exist in buffer zones from Apartheid time AND they also do the least to prevent crime. Given that whites are doing the MOST to combat crime, they are still the 2nd largest target by percentage. I have said before that I believe whites are tougher targets. If whites did not fight back as much, then we'd have been swamped and overwhelmed. So for me it is a good sign that whites fight back.

I have said before that I believe Blacks feel more confident taking on Indians. One sees it all over Africa. Ergo, Indians could easily face genocide again in the future in this country. At a political le vel the Blacks courted the Indians but at a grass roots level there is a lot of interracial stress between the Indians and the Blacks. The Blacks tried to exterminate the Indians in Durban some decades ago and the whites had to shoot a lot of blacks to prevent that.

What I love about this survey is that it puts paid to the arguments by the White Liberals of this country - like Tony Leon, etc - who deliberately blinded themselves and the rest of us by INSISTING that crime was not racially motivated. They kept saying that crime in black areas was as bad as in white areas. But this survey puts paid to that. Only 30% of Blacks know others who were victims of crimes, whereas among whites it is double that. Plus, I'm going to bet that this survey is even then understating another fact: Blacks have a much wider circle of family and social acquaintances than Whites do. Blacks have wider social interactions than Whites do - which means that Blacks have a much wider group of pe ople to draw on when answering that question.

This i! s proof of the racial nature of crime in this country.

Finally, and just as important, even Blacks agree that NOTHING IS BEING DONE BY THE GOVERNMENT TO STOP CRIME! EXACTLY!! Nothing is being done, and nothing will be done. We have to protect ourselves - without firearms. That's a tall order, but we have no choice. Jan]

Indian South Africans are bearing the brunt of crime in South Africa, according to a national survey.

In the survey it is also revealed that close to 90 percent of whites, Indians and coloureds believe that very little, or nothing at all, was being done about crime by the government and about 60 percent of their black countrymen agreed with them.

This is according to a study conducted by Markinor for the Institute of Security Studies on the perceptions of crime and violence in South Africa.

The report concludes that Indians were the minority group bearing the brunt of criminal activities with at least 66 percent of Indian adults questioned knowing someone who had been a victim of crime.

Whites followed with 56 percent of adults questioned saying they were aware of someone who had been a victim of crime.

Only 32 percent of all blacks questioned knew someone who was a victim of crime and coloureds appeared to be the group least affected by crime, with only 31 percent saying they knew someone who was a victim.

The report suggests that this perception of crime by the Indian community may have left the community feeling disempowered and disregarded.

Recently-released official SAPS crime statistics also showed that Indian communities were under siege, particularly by hijackers, with three of KwaZulu-Natal's five top hotspots being predominantly Indian areas.

Phoenix, Chatsworth and Isipingo all recorded extremely high hijacking figures between April last year and March this year.

Minority Front caucus leader in eThekwini, Jayraj Sin gh, said there was a lot of complacency in the Indian commun! ity and residents did not want to fight crime together.

"There is a lot of apathy in the community but to a certain extent the SAPS are to blame for having a laissez-faire approach to crime," he said.

Singh said the apartheid design which had Indian and coloured communities as buffer zones between suburbs and townships had also contributed to crime.

The report also showed that as many as four in every five Indians believed crime was on the increase.

At least 77 percent of all whites questioned felt the same way. This by far exceeded the scores attained among coloureds and blacks with 67 percent of the coloured population feeling crime was on the increase and only 54 percent of the black population concurring that crime was up.

Markinor research executive Stephano Radaelli, who conducted the survey together with Mari Harris, a Markinor director, said Indians and whites might be feeling more prone to property crime or robbery and see themselves more vulnerable to losing their possessions.

The survey reveals that 60 percent of South Africans have done nothing to address crime in their communities.

Whites are apparently doing the most to fight crime with more than 70 percent making some sort of effort.

Black people are doing the least to fight crime with 70 percent of those surveyed doing nothing at all followed by Indians, who despite being the most affected, have as much as 61 percent of their community members doing nothing to fight the problem, while 58 percent of coloureds surveyed said they were not making any attempt to curb crime.

Overall only 4 percent of South Africans have taken an active role against crime by either becoming police reservists or by taking part in community forums.

UR L: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_i! d=vn2007 0804085801910C187216

Categories: Jan]; SA; robbery;

Source Url: http://www.africancrisis.co.za/Article.php?ID=16041&