Author Topic: Want to live longer and healthier lives? Eat lots of vegetables and fruits!  (Read 10186 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The conventional health science is what I go by, according to which, soybean is a complete protein. You also mix up two unrelated things- soybean toxicity and the the phytoestrogen it contains are two different issues. The raw beans contain toxins- which are neutralized by cooking. Lots of beans are toxic in their uncooked state. Soybean has been cultivated and consumed by Asian civilisations for thousands of years as a staple food, not as some rare celibacy diet for monks. As you must know, the far east has been the most heavily populated place on earth for the past couple of millennia , so I think your theory about soy and fertility doesn't hold water.

Do you know any health science? Soy is the most incomplete protein you'll find. You'll get more amino acids if you eat your skin. Also, it has the most naturally occurring toxins out of any plant in nature, mostly a compound which mimics estrogen, which kills testosterone, and that means less muscles, and more being a [censored]. No eggs, [actual] salt, and lots of soy. You guys have really drank the commie cool-aid. Say this crap to mudrats, not to Jews. Half of what is here has been as thoroughly refuted as blood letting. The highest amino acid counts are found in hemp hearts [or seeds, but hearts are best], and whey is also alright. Even a chick pea will have a higher amino acid count than stupid soy. Buddhists used to consume soy to help keep celibate. You don't think there a reason why they have tiny...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Coffee does not kill adrenaline, pure isolated caffeine does, but coffee as a whole has properties that enhance neurological functioning, provide antioxidant benefits and have energy boosting properties and are endurance enhancing.  The nutrients in coffee as a whole will help regulate the absorption of the caffeine into the body and reduce any stress on the adrenal glands.. There is a large misconception and studies where they showed adrenal stress were performed with the isolated caffeine molecule rather than the coffee plant as a whole.  Indeed, pure caffeine is bad for you, but even pure isolated antioxidants and many other substances can be bad for you.  THey've done studies that men who drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee have a much lower incidence of prostate cancer.  They've also done studies that people who drink coffee on a regular basis have lower incidences of Alzheimer's disease.

Also, fruit is not as healthy as people think.. Too much fruit can cause diabetes, cancer , viral and bacterial infections.  Fruit contains high concentrations of fructose which results in blood sugar spikes and stresses the immune system.  Fructose is the most toxic form of sugar and strains the liver more than glucose..

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/01/02/highfructose-corn-syrup-alters-human-metabolism.aspx

Eating a diet high in vegetables and grains grown in nutrient rich soils would be the healthiest type of diet.  Eating fruit like blueberries in moderation would also be helpful, but a diet high in fruit will cause problems.   Many people think Steve Jobs's fruitarian diet is what caused his pancreatic cancer.

Complete junk science. Fruitcose in chemical snacks is extracted, much like "salt", and your body can't digest it, so yes it's much worse. In the chemical drinks, you would have to leave the juice in your mouth for 10 seconds per gulp for the saliva to break it down. In fruits, your body digests it, and it's the best thing for you. Eating fruits only is of course retarded.

You just admitted that caffiene kills adrenaline. The corporate "scientists" are all yacking about how great coffee, chocolate and computer games are today, but it's a gigantic lie based on "studies" of a few hundred people, and they "observe" that those who said they drink coffee are much healthier. If the study doesn't prove their lie, they test another hundred people. Coffee=drink with caffeine=kills adrenaline. You'll get more antioxidants in one blueberry than enough coffee to go into shock.

Fruit is harmful if eaten with food. Alone, it cleans your body (you don't want it to clean food you just ate, or that food will be spoiled in you) and is always good, though an overdose of anything is toxic, even water.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Eggs from soy-free/corn-free free ranged chickens fed a diet of bugs with dark colored yolks is good..  High Omega 3 and many other nutrients including Phosphatidyl Cholines, Serines , Lucines, Vitamin A, B ,etc..    Egg whites are one of the most complete and bioavailable sources of protein.

Salt is good that is not processed and heated up to 2000C like most sea salts..  Salt like Himalayan Salt is not only good for you, but is really essential for human life.. Only in the last 100 years have humans been eating processed salts , which are heated treated and have a molecular structure that is mutated by the process.  It is not salt that is bad for you, but the type of synthetically/heat processed salt we have today.    Remember, you do not live in a natural environment anymore, but one where even simple foods like tomatos are now bioengineered .

For example, I got in a big debate at the synagogue I was attending a while back because I told them the Kosher Tomatoes they are using are GMO and have pig genes inserted into them to produce higher yield and increase growth.  Considering, I challenged the integrity of the Kosher certifier and the synagogue, I was shot down and told that just because the tomatoes have pig genes in them, doesn't make them non-kosher.  I don't know aobut you , but I don't like eating anything with pig genes.   Especially when you splice the gene of a plant and modify the molecular structure to bind it with a pig.

Completely agree. Furthermore, while naturally occuring wheat has 13 chromosomes, the half-spider wheat has 7, so it would be a foaming retard as a person, and is not to be considered kosher in the best challah, and is 100% harmful, better to eat mud, which at least has nutrients without killing you, you'll just get sick now.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member

For example, I got in a big debate at the synagogue I was attending a while back because I told them the Kosher Tomatoes they are using are GMO and have pig genes inserted into them to produce higher yield and increase growth.  Considering, I challenged the integrity of the Kosher certifier and the synagogue, I was shot down and told that just because the tomatoes have pig genes in them, doesn't make them non-kosher.  I don't know aobut you , but I don't like eating anything with pig genes.   Especially when you splice the gene of a plant and modify the molecular structure to bind it with a pig.

Oops, I see that what I wrote didn't go thorough, but I was going to tell you that it IS KOSHER.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:52:54 AM by Tag-MehirTzedek »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Completely agree. Furthermore, while naturally occuring wheat has 13 chromosomes, the half-spider wheat has 7, so it would be a foaming retard as a person, and is not to be considered kosher in the best challah, and is 100% harmful, better to eat mud, which at least has nutrients without killing you, you'll just get sick now.

Don't know what this is, but if it is wheat then it is Kosher. We don't make up new Halachot and cannot twist the rulings of what is kosher and what is not.
 Wheat is Kosher and that is it (unless Orla issues) also unless another law having to do with "old (Kemah Yoshon)  vs. new" wheat, but you don't really need to worry about it in the U.S. where the majority are not new and unless you specifically know when the wheat was cut, then you don't have a problem.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
  Don't know what this is, but if it is wheat then it is Kosher. We don't make up new Halachot and cannot twist the rulings of what is kosher and what is not.
 Wheat is Kosher and that is it (unless Orla issues) also unless another law having to do with "old (Kemah Yoshon)  vs. new" wheat, but you don't really need to worry about it in the U.S. where the majority are not new and unless you specifically know when the wheat was cut, then you don't have a problem.

Not new. Old wheat and old spider. Together. GMO wheat is illegal in USA, but it shows up everywhere, because Monsanto enforces laws on themselves, like Eric the sloth Holder http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-30/genetically-modified-wheat-isnt-supposed-to-exist-dot-so-what-is-it-doing-in-oregon

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Not new. Old wheat and old spider. Together. GMO wheat is illegal in USA, but it shows up everywhere, because Monsanto enforces laws on themselves, like Eric the sloth Holder http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-30/genetically-modified-wheat-isnt-supposed-to-exist-dot-so-what-is-it-doing-in-oregon

Not "new" is good,  that's what its supposed to be. What does that mean? Genetically? If soo, its not a problem (in regards to Kashrut, don't know how it would or should be regarded health wise. But Kashrut being concerned it is KOSHER.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I have been eating lots of fruits lately, apples, oranges, grapes, kiwi, fruit drinks made from the blender.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Guys, I'm down a dress size!!!

I had to give lots of my clothing to my older sister. 

I read the book "Eat To Live" and started doing a modified version of what the author recommends.  So my diet now is similar to how Chaim eats.  But I do drink some coffee, and have dairy and eggs once in a while. 

I actually had to add some dairy back into my diet because my nails have been chipping and splitting every week.  At one point, I got these painful cracks in the side corners of my mouth.  I read online that the cause is a deficiency in B vitamins. 

So no more cracks in the corners of my mouth. 

Now since we're discussing vegetables, my mother was telling me to go easy on the dark green vegetables (such as kale) because they can cause kidney stones.  Apparently vegetables like kale and swiss chard contain a substance called oxalates.   Does anyone know about oxalates, and how to avoid possibly getting kidney stones later in life?

Thanks.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Complete junk science. Fruitcose in chemical snacks is extracted, much like "salt", and your body can't digest it, so yes it's much worse. In the chemical drinks, you would have to leave the juice in your mouth for 10 seconds per gulp for the saliva to break it down. In fruits, your body digests it, and it's the best thing for you. Eating fruits only is of course retarded.

Can you prove to me that fructose from fruits is healthy for your body?  What is junk science about it??   The only reason why the fructose in fruit is not as toxic as isolated fructose or high fructose syrup is that the fiber in the fruit helps inhibit the absorption of the fructose in your body.  THat is why drinking fruit juice is so bad for you, as it will cause blood sugar spikes.  Yes, the fruit will contain several nutrients that can give the body benefits and help protect from some of the negative effects (read my post about caffeine and coffee below).  However, the concentration of fructose in fruit juice and in many fruits, like bananas , etc is still high enough where if you consume a large amount it will have a negative impact on your body.  The bad outweighs the goods..  Don't get me wrong, I think adding some fruit to your diet is good, but too much fruit will fry your pancreas, stress the liver and deplete your immune response. 

If you can prove to me that high concentrations of fructose sourced from fruit is safe, I'd like to hear it.  I have heard many vegans make these claims, but any in-depth scientific research about the effects of fructose on the body, from any source, have proven otherwise.

You just admitted that caffiene kills adrenaline. The corporate "scientists" are all yacking about how great coffee, chocolate and computer games are today, but it's a gigantic lie based on "studies" of a few hundred people, and they "observe" that those who said they drink coffee are much healthier. If the study doesn't prove their lie, they test another hundred people. Coffee=drink with caffeine=kills adrenaline. You'll get more antioxidants in one blueberry than enough coffee to go into shock.
An isolated caffeine molecule and coffee which contains caffeine are not the same.   Yes, excessive amounts of coffee of course will produce negative effects.  Almost every substance on earth contains some type of toxin, even water can kill you!  However, the caffeine present in coffee is moderated by other compounds which help neutralize some of the toxic effects of the coffee.  The antioxidants in coffee , e.g., actually help protect the adrenal glands neutralizing the negative effects of caffeine.  Many substances, even Vitamin C can be quite toxic if consumed in isolated form , whereas in their natural, synergistic state, they are very beneficial to your body.  That is the problem with doing science experiences in-vitro with an isolated substance rather than with a concentrate..  The studies about caffeine damaging the nervous system or adrenal glands was done with isolated caffeine molecules that do not occur in naturally in nature.

Another great obstacle with studies about health benefits of coffee is that so much coffee is mass produced, doused with pesticides, grow in sterile soils, mold infested and processed with chemicals.  Coffee sourced from nutrient rich soils that is free of toxic molds, pesticides, chemicals etc actually has much more of the beneficial properties.  A lot of the toxic or bad side effects associated with coffee also come from coffee grown in giant plantations.   Pre-ground coffee , e.g.,loses a lot of its nutrient potential and quickly develops rancidity and mold.  So many people do not even know the proper way to store or process coffee beans.   Sadly, people are too quick to jump onto the bandwagon of the health critics and not investigate matters deeper.

You are better off drinking organic coffee that is fan dried and grown at high elevations in rich organic soils than you are eating the wheat, corn or many of the GMO, chemically doused, pesticide infused crops grown in nutrient sterile soils we see today in this country.

I do not even eat American wheat.. I eat wheat grown in nutrient rich soils in Italy that is non-hybridized like Einkorn wheat, which is an ancient strain of wheat. IT tastes 100 times better than the hybridized , genetically tweaked Durum and other American wheats.  It's night and day difference.  Also pure grains like Rye, Kamut , etc are much healthier for you.   

Rye and Sauerkraut are some of the reasons so many Eastern Europeans , esp Jews, could live as long as they do. 

Cultured foods is a whole other topic nobody here bothered to think about.  One reason people are unhealthy is they use one of the most evil inventions ever made, "The Refrigerator".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:29:00 PM by EveryJewA44 »
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Can you prove to me that fructose from fruits is healthy for your body?  What is junk science about it??   The only reason why the fructose in fruit is not as toxic as isolated fructose or high fructose syrup is that the fiber in the fruit helps inhibit the absorption of the fructose in your body.  THat is why drinking fruit juice is so bad for you, as it will cause blood sugar spikes.  Yes, the fruit will contain several nutrients that can give the body benefits and help protect from some of the negative effects (read my post about caffeine and coffee below).  However, the concentration of fructose in fruit juice and in many fruits, like bananas , etc is still high enough where if you consume a large amount it will have a negative impact on your body.  The bad outweighs the goods..  Don't get me wrong, I think adding some fruit to your diet is good, but too much fruit will fry your pancreas, stress the liver and deplete your immune response. 

If you can prove to me that high concentrations of fructose sourced from fruit is safe, I'd like to hear it.  I have heard many vegans make these claims, but any in-depth scientific research about the effects of fructose on the body, from any source, have proven otherwise.

An isolated caffeine molecule and coffee which contains caffeine are not the same.   Yes, excessive amounts of coffee of course will produce negative effects.  Almost every substance on earth contains some type of toxin, even water can kill you!  However, the caffeine present in coffee is moderated by other compounds which help neutralize some of the toxic effects of the coffee.  The antioxidants in coffee , e.g., actually help protect the adrenal glands neutralizing the negative effects of caffeine.  Many substances, even Vitamin C can be quite toxic if consumed in isolated form , whereas in their natural, synergistic state, they are very beneficial to your body.  That is the problem with doing science experiences in-vitro with an isolated substance rather than with a concentrate..  The studies about caffeine damaging the nervous system or adrenal glands was done with isolated caffeine molecules that do not occur in naturally in nature.

Another great obstacle with studies about health benefits of coffee is that so much coffee is mass produced, doused with pesticides, grow in sterile soils, mold infested and processed with chemicals.  Coffee sourced from nutrient rich soils that is free of toxic molds, pesticides, chemicals etc actually has much more of the beneficial properties.  A lot of the toxic or bad side effects associated with coffee also come from coffee grown in giant plantations.   Pre-ground coffee , e.g.,loses a lot of its nutrient potential and quickly develops rancidity and mold.  So many people do not even know the proper way to store or process coffee beans.   Sadly, people are too quick to jump onto the bandwagon of the health critics and not investigate matters deeper.

You are better off drinking organic coffee that is fan dried and grown at high elevations in rich organic soils than you are eating the wheat, corn or many of the GMO, chemically doused, pesticide infused crops grown in nutrient sterile soils we see today in this country.

I do not even eat American wheat.. I eat wheat grown in nutrient rich soils in Italy that is non-hybridized like Einkorn wheat, which is an ancient strain of wheat. IT tastes 100 times better than the hybridized , genetically tweaked Durum and other American wheats.  It's night and day difference.  Also pure grains like Rye, Kamut , etc are much healthier for you.   

Rye and Sauerkraut are some of the reasons so many Eastern Europeans , esp Jews, could live as long as they do. 

Cultured foods is a whole other topic nobody here bothered to think about.  One reason people are unhealthy is they use one of the most evil inventions ever made, "The Refrigerator".

Fruit juices, even natural ones, are bad, but you can mitigate the effects if you leave it in your mouth for 10 seconds before swallowing, since your saliva will have time to break down the sugar. I considered getting sources for you, but since I already had to defend eggs and salt, I'm not going to keep fighting for things that people have been eating for thousands of years with no problems of any kind whatsoever.

Refrigerators are not bad, coffee is. Isolated caffine kills adrenaline, coffee releases it into your system.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1113109753/fruit-and-vegetables-lower-death-risk-040114/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2012/08/21/caffeine-the-silent-killer-of-emotional-intelligence/

http://www.richmondkettlebellclub.com/news/is-coffee-killing-your-kb-workouts/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
If by cultured foods you mean the bacterial cultures they put in yogurts, I'm not completely sure, the research is spotty from what I've seen, but so long as you don't eat it when you have a cold, you'll be fine.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
More on coffee http://hippocratesinst.org/nutrition/mental-illness-or-caffeine-

Also, you said "potassium salts are good". Salt has potassium and magnesium. Some salt-extract now has the potassium left in. That is also bad. Actual salt is the largest molecular compound in nature, with over 100 elements in some, though the cheapest ones have about 60. http://www.examiner.com/article/natural-sea-salts-contain-healthy-trace-elements-and-minerals

Really, most of what I've seen here sounds like the Monsanto doctors on the NY[nazi]T with "studies" to back it up.

Eggs are good. Coffee is bad. Salt is good. Salt-extract is bad. There are no aliens in refrigerators.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!

Fruit juices, even natural ones, are bad, but you can mitigate the effects if you leave it in your mouth for 10 seconds before swallowing, since your saliva will have time to break down the sugar. I considered getting sources for you, but since I already had to defend eggs and salt, I'm not going to keep fighting for things that people have been eating for thousands of years with no problems of any kind whatsoever.

Refrigerators are not bad, coffee is. Isolated caffine kills adrenaline, coffee releases it into your system.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1113109753/fruit-and-vegetables-lower-death-risk-040114/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2012/08/21/caffeine-the-silent-killer-of-emotional-intelligence/

http://www.richmondkettlebellclub.com/news/is-coffee-killing-your-kb-workouts/

Sorry, I don't buy these anti-coffee articles .. They have done studies proving that a majority of the negative effects that are reported in these articles are a result of people taking isolated caffeine , i.e. caffeine pills which do not mitigate the negative

They have done studies proving that caffeine actually enhances neurological capacity and activity and that coffee drinkers have on average higher IQ and less instances of Alzheimer's disease.  Coffee is one of the most ancient beverages on the Earth.  The problem is not coffee, but the type of coffee.  The problem is not eggs or salt, but the type of eggs and salt.  Caffeine does have toxicity, but the amount of caffeine you would need to produce these toxic symptoms are beyond normal consumption.  Yes, if you have 10 cups of coffee you will torch your adrenals.  They have also proven that caffeine is not physically addictive.  This is more misinformation.  Caffeine may be habit forming, just like cracking your knuckles, but it is psychologically addictive, but not physically.  It does not cause any physical symptoms, flu-like illness or any other BS listed in that article.  However, low grade, synthetically processed and grown coffee has its own dangers which are much worse and do have side effects.  They have proven decaf coffee is bad for you, because not only is decaffeinating of the coffee remove the full spectrum of nutrients in the coffee bean, but also the toxic chemicals used in many types of decaffeinating mechanisms, such as used by Starbucks.  Also, many athletes, like Goldberg the Wrestler, will contest your statement that caffeine inhibits athletic ability.  In fact, it has been proven time and time again that caffeine actually is a major energy booster and does not result in crashes like synthetic stimulants or even some other natural substances.

Here are counter articles to  the anti-coffee articles.  People should do their own research and judge for themselves:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/coffee-health-benefits_n_4102133.html

Dr. Mercola changes his view on coffee, interviews Israeli Natural Health Doctor, author of Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/what-dr-mercola-didnt-say-about-coffee-brains-and-muscle-video/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/16/ori-hofmekler-on-coffee.aspx

If by cultured foods you mean the bacterial cultures they put in yogurts, I'm not completely sure, the research is spotty from what I've seen, but so long as you don't eat it when you have a cold, you'll be fine.
Well, yes, but the term cultured foods goes way way way beyond yogurt.  Bacterial cultures can be infused or can occur naturally, like in Sauerkraut.  Cultured foods are what humans have eaten for 1000s of years.  Many foods were cultured in a way to preserve the food, because people did not have access to refrigerators or electricity.    Without consuming these type of bacterial cultures our stomachs will be be overrun with bad bacteria and we will develop illness.  Many intestinal and colon problems people have today are a result of eating sterilized foods with no beneficial bacteria.    The beneficial bacteria in our stomachs (which is naturally occurring and required by our bodies for survival) is what protects us from illness.   They old adage says, "Death begins in the Colon".  They have done many studies showing how after refrigerators were used to start preserving food instead of culturing, stomach and other related illnesses skyrocketed.  Illnesses, like IBS, colon/stomach cancers, chronic constipation , etc are signs of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

I read the book "Eat To Live" and started doing a modified version of what the author recommends.  So my diet now is similar to how Chaim eats.  But I do drink some coffee, and have dairy and eggs once in a while. 

I actually had to add some dairy back into my diet because my nails have been chipping and splitting every week.  At one point, I got these painful cracks in the side corners of my mouth.  I read online that the cause is a deficiency in B vitamins. 

Now since we're discussing vegetables, my mother was telling me to go easy on the dark green vegetables (such as kale) because they can cause kidney stones.  Apparently vegetables like kale and swiss chard contain a substance called oxalates.   Does anyone know about oxalates, and how to avoid possibly getting kidney stones later in life?

Thanks.
I have heard a little bit about that too. I think what you need to do is not over eat high oxalate sources, and anyway always remember to stay hydrated. Lettuce, cabbage and broccoli are supposed to be low on oxalates and cucumber (unpeeled of course!).

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

Thanks.

Girl, I'm down two dress sizes.
I was eating at buffets and diners for a couple of years then stopped.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I don't have longevity in my family unfortunately. Nobody has lived to their 90s.... My father passed at 75, his mother died younger than that... Both died of cancers... His father died of a heart attack or stroke in his 70s.

that's not fair.
they died of cancer or heart attack or stroke.
YOU can live longer. Obviously they could have lived longer and possibly much longer.

Its like saying they all jumped off of cliffs at age 10 so you won't live to be 11.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The conventional health science is what I go by, according to which, soybean is a complete protein. You also mix up two unrelated things- soybean toxicity and the the phytoestrogen it contains are two different issues. The raw beans contain toxins- which are neutralized by cooking. Lots of beans are toxic in their uncooked state. Soybean has been cultivated and consumed by Asian civilisations for thousands of years as a staple food, not as some rare celibacy diet for monks. As you must know, the far east has been the most heavily populated place on earth for the past couple of millennia , so I think your theory about soy and fertility doesn't hold water.

I've heard Chinese historians viciously counter that claim. They say the government is pretending that this was a staple, when in fact if you look at the ancient methods, where they would let the beans soak in water which they would change multiple times over the course of 2 years, it's obvious by this and other proofs (or lack of evidence) that soy was a condiment or spice, used mainly by the rich, and was never a stable food anywhere.

If you ferment soy, OK, you still will be infertile and look older eventually, but there are benefits

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/08/the-dirty-little-secret-hidden-in-much-of-your-health-food.aspx
"The claim that soy products can prevent osteoporosis, decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and dementia, and protect you from cancer of the prostate, lung, and liver is actually true, but ONLY if the soy is fermented.

How?

The process of fermenting soy destroys the above-mentioned dangerous substances, thereby making it fit for consumption. Also, fermented soy products, such as those listed above, are a rich source of vitamin K2, a vitamin that works in harmony with vitamin D to keep you healthy. Vitamin K regulates your body's blood clotting ability and helps prevent cancer, osteoporosis and heart disease. And vitamin D is essential to the function of every system in your body."

If you feed this to a man, a woman with breasts, or a baby (http://authoritynutrition.com/is-soy-bad-for-you-or-good/) you are killing them. It's ok for everyone else, which is no one.

I don't feel like looking for the amino acid counts I've seen before, but google it, they're painfully low.

"An Inferior Protein Source

Besides the lectin and phytic acid in soybeans, they aren’t the complete protein source they are touted to be. Like all beans, they lack the amino acids Methionine and Cystine. While they are often promoted for being able to provide Vitamin B-12 to those eating a vegetarian diet, the Vitamin B-12 in soybeans can not be used by the body and actually cause the body to need more B-12.

As I often say about grains a beans: there are no nutrients in these foods that can’t be found in higher amounts in meats, vegetables and healthy fats, so stick to those and avoid the lectins and phytic acid!"

Try not to listen to corporate "doctors" too much. 94% of soy in the West is gmo, so it's double bad.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Lisa oxalates are found in too many types of food to completely avoid, and other than soy, they're all fantastic for your health, and unless you have absorptive hypercalciuria type II, enteric hyperoxaluria or primary hyperoxaluria it's extremely unlikely to cause kidney stones. Don't worry about it. Congrats on getting fit, keep active daily and consistently make your workouts harder to stay fit.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Sorry, I don't buy these anti-coffee articles .. They have done studies proving that a majority of the negative effects that are reported in these articles are a result of people taking isolated caffeine , i.e. caffeine pills which do not mitigate the negative

They have done studies proving that caffeine actually enhances neurological capacity and activity and that coffee drinkers have on average higher IQ and less instances of Alzheimer's disease.  Coffee is one of the most ancient beverages on the Earth.  The problem is not coffee, but the type of coffee.  The problem is not eggs or salt, but the type of eggs and salt.  Caffeine does have toxicity, but the amount of caffeine you would need to produce these toxic symptoms are beyond normal consumption.  Yes, if you have 10 cups of coffee you will torch your adrenals.  They have also proven that caffeine is not physically addictive.  This is more misinformation.  Caffeine may be habit forming, just like cracking your knuckles, but it is psychologically addictive, but not physically.  It does not cause any physical symptoms, flu-like illness or any other BS listed in that article.  However, low grade, synthetically processed and grown coffee has its own dangers which are much worse and do have side effects.  They have proven decaf coffee is bad for you, because not only is decaffeinating of the coffee remove the full spectrum of nutrients in the coffee bean, but also the toxic chemicals used in many types of decaffeinating mechanisms, such as used by Starbucks.  Also, many athletes, like Goldberg the Wrestler, will contest your statement that caffeine inhibits athletic ability.  In fact, it has been proven time and time again that caffeine actually is a major energy booster and does not result in crashes like synthetic stimulants or even some other natural substances.

Here are counter articles to  the anti-coffee articles.  People should do their own research and judge for themselves:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/coffee-health-benefits_n_4102133.html

Dr. Mercola changes his view on coffee, interviews Israeli Natural Health Doctor, author of Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/what-dr-mercola-didnt-say-about-coffee-brains-and-muscle-video/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/16/ori-hofmekler-on-coffee.aspx

Well, yes, but the term cultured foods goes way way way beyond yogurt.  Bacterial cultures can be infused or can occur naturally, like in Sauerkraut.  Cultured foods are what humans have eaten for 1000s of years.  Many foods were cultured in a way to preserve the food, because people did not have access to refrigerators or electricity.    Without consuming these type of bacterial cultures our stomachs will be be overrun with bad bacteria and we will develop illness.  Many intestinal and colon problems people have today are a result of eating sterilized foods with no beneficial bacteria.    The beneficial bacteria in our stomachs (which is naturally occurring and required by our bodies for survival) is what protects us from illness.   They old adage says, "Death begins in the Colon".  They have done many studies showing how after refrigerators were used to start preserving food instead of culturing, stomach and other related illnesses skyrocketed.  Illnesses, like IBS, colon/stomach cancers, chronic constipation , etc are signs of beneficial bacteria in the gut.

Don't feel like showing you more research. You can call a health institution an anti-coffee article, so I can just disagree with you, tell you that being addicted to caffeine if nothing else is the stupidest addiction in the world, will make you fat, coffee was discovered by Arabs about 1000 years ago, and as for it not being addictive, look at people in the morning who drink coffee daily. Obviously they'll be stupid until they get it. Fridges are good, and beneficial bacteria is good too (never used "kills 99% of germs" tricoslan sludge  anywhere on your body).

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ten more reasons not to drink coffee

10 reasons why you might want to kick that coffee habit!

1. Cardiovascular Problems

Yes caffeine does indeed increase heart rate, elevates blood pressure and can contribute to the development of heart disease.

2. Stress

Caffeine stimulates the flow of stress hormones, which can produce increased levels of anxiety, irritability, muscular tension and pain, indigestion, insomnia and decreased immunity.  Increased levels of stress can keep you from creating healthy reactions to normal daily stress.

3. Emotional Troubles

Anxiety and irritability are guaranteed mood disturbances associated with caffeine consumption, but equally important are depression and attention disorders.

4. Blood Sugar Swings

Diabetics and hypoglycemics should avoid caffeine. Caffeine stimulates a temporary rush in blood sugar followed by an overproduction of insulin, which causes a blood sugar crash within hours. This roller coaster causes weight gain since insulin’s message to the body is to store excess sugar as fat.

5. Gastrointestinal Problems

Many people experience a burning sensation in their stomach after drinking coffee because coffee increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which leads to an increased risk for ulcers. Coffee, including decaf, reduces pressure on the valve between the esophagus and the stomach so that the highly acidic contents of the stomach pass up to the esophagus, which can lead to heartburn and gastro-esophageal reflux disease.

6. Nutritional Deficiencies

Caffeine inhibits the absorption of some nutrients and causes the urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and trace minerals. So you could be eating very healthy but then washing I down with a coffee only to be losing some of those nutrients from food.

7. Male Health Problems

Milton Krisiloff, MD, has found that in the majority of cases, men can significantly reduce their risk for urinary and prostate problems by making dietary changes, which include eliminating coffee and caffeine.

8. Female Health Problems

Fibrocystic breast disease, PMS, osteoporosis, infertility problems, miscarriage, low birth weight and menopausal problems such as hot flashes are all aggravated by caffeine consumption. Women on birth control pills are particularly at risk since they tend to have a decreased ability to detoxify caffeine.

9. Aging

Many people find that in their 40s, they can no longer tolerate the same level of caffeine consumption they could in their 20s and 30s. Production of DHEA, melatonin and other vital hormones decline with age, but caffeine speeds up that process. Caffeine dehydrates the body and contributes to aging of the skin and kidneys. It has been shown to inhibit DNA repair and slow the ability of the liver to detoxify foreign toxins.

10. Adrenal Exhaustion

Caffeine consumption can lead to eventual adrenal exhaustion, which can leave you vulnerable to a variety of health disorders related to inflammation and fatigue. This was enough to make me quit along with those female hormone health problems – no thank you!

http://www.nurturepod.com/uncategorized/coffee-10-shocking-reasons-why-its-soooo-bad-for-you/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
yes, too much caffeine during the day can wear you down during the evening hours. It may make you shake and some people may experience withdrawal symptoms.

don't drink it if you don't need it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The egg does have lots of cholesterol in it, I do not recommend having one egg every day, but possibly no more than 4 a week if at all.  If you are healthy but do not exercise, then having eggs all the time is bad.  If you exercise and not eating other junk, eggs are beneficial, but to a limited degree.

בס''ד

I agree with everything that the great Dr. Dan has written except on the subject of eggs.

The government and medical establishment recommend a daily cholesterol intake of under 300 milligrams a day for healthy people and under 200 milligrams for unhealthy people (who have heart problems, diabetes, high cholesterol levels etc.). I personally think these recommended levels are too high but let's assume that the levels are correct.

The yolk of just one egg has about 186 milligrams of cholesterol. That is roughly the maximum amount of cholesterol that an unhealthy person should eat from all foods within a 24 hour period, and it is two thirds the maximum amount of cholesterol that a healthy person should consume from all foods within a 24 period. That means that consuming just one egg will almost certainly bring a person above the maximum cholesterol level because during a 24 hour period there will be other foods that will be eaten with at least some cholesterol. In my opinion, this level of cholesterol intake every day, 365 days a year, is dangerous. I believe that the accumulated impact over the years can greatly increase the risks of heart disease and other illnesses, G-d forbid.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Sodium..too much is bad..it retains more water in the body thereby making the heart work extra heard to pump.  I have a feeling that it may also affect certain hormones as well (much like too much sugar does).

Too much cholesterol isn't good.. but there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol.  So we can't just talk just cholesterol.  Cholesterol alone is one thing. High triglycerides with high LDL leads to the clogging of arteries...that's bad and it's a fact that clogged arteries are made up of that stuff.  So red meat should be limited significantly and, in my opinion, eggs also.  Except I think the benefits of an egg here or there outweighs the risks in a healthy individual.  They are low in fat and calories and high in vitamins.  A dozen a day every day is bad.  2-4 a week every other week isn't bad.

There are no doctors who claim that having high levels of blood cholesterol is neutral/good. To illustrate my point further, there are no doctors who claim that having a highly acidic blood steam is good, however, 10 lemons a day won't increase your blood's acidity, because that's not how it becomes acidic; things like sugar and chemicals will increase blood acidity because they're broken down like that, and don't get processed like naturally occurring acids will. What I'm saying is that while the cream cake with whipped cream will increase your cholesterol, things like eggs and meat won't, even though on the books they will usually have higher numbers on cholesterol.

I didn't want to be forceful, but there are literally thousands of doctors and scientists concluding that all the scares on eggs was a scam. Here's another: http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html and I can provide hundreds more, as well as original research, and no doctor can prove anywhere in the world that eating more than one egg a day has any co-relation whatsoever with increased cholesterol or heart disease, since it is a junk-science scam http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/eggs-dietary-friend-foe

The inquisition against salt, the most important foodstuff in male development, is a scam on par with the Nazis' plan of dumping chemicals and sucrose in tobacco, and putting dangerous "pesticides" in the fields (which continues today, except the pesticides are now radioactive).

In France, doctors prescribe high daily doses of salt FOR sufferers of high blood pressure. By what you've said, you've likely never eaten salt. To illustrate, salt is always moist, due to the high levels of magnesium, and salt-extract (which this article calls "processed salt" http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/20/salt-myth.aspx) will instantly make your mouth dry, as it sucks up water. Calling the "table" "sea" "lake" or armpit salt they sell at the stores "salt", which has most of the elements removed from it and sold to pharmaceutical companies "salt" is like calling the citric acid they extract from fruits and call "vitamin C" in the chemical drinks like "orange" juice in the stores (which your body rejects automatically, since it can't be broken down) "oranges".

There are twice as many doctors who praise actual salt than eggs, and all the ones that aren't mega corporate sell-outs typically do.

G-d forbid I ever have to have health problems due to high cholesterol or blood pressure, thank you very much. At any rate, I don't eat toxic waste and salt-extract, I eat natural foods as G-d created them and as people have eaten without problems for all of human history, so with that and G-d's protection G-d willing I don't have to "understand" in the way implied here twice.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Yes water is the best drink. I personally like tea..green, red, white, or black over coffee.  Stay way from juice...even tropicana type juices..

Fish and fish eggs are great. Salmon, herring, sable, trout and sardines are great- just not salted. Red meat in moderation (once a week) is fine- women, especially, need the iron. Watch out for salty meats (e.g., corned beef, pastrami, etc.), usually doused in nitrates and nitrites that promote pancreatic cancer, in particular. Same goes for most lunch meats.

Keep your carbohydrates to a minimum, except for fruits and vegetables, which, as Chaim states, are very beneficial. Bread, rice, and noodles are bad. When you eat these in combination with cholesterol/saturated fats you burn the carbs and store the fats- bad. When your carbohydrate reserves are low you burn fats- much more efficient and healthy. Sugar is the enemy.

Eat organic if you can. The chemicals (e.g., hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, etc.) in most conventional food are very damaging to your immunity and cellular metabolism. Probiotics- good.

Drink water- period. A cup of organic coffee a day perhaps, a glass of wine here and there perhaps, is good. BTW- I witnessed and participated in many hospital autopsies and noted that alcoholics' blood vessels were as smooth as a baby's; however, their livers were a mess. Fruit juices, widely touted as healthy, simply have too much sugar- avoid it. BTW- NYC has some of the best water available- from the mountains of upstate NY. We tested it in the clinical labs at The Mount Sinai Hospital (c. 1992), and it was clean as a whistle.

Exercise is vital- an intense 30 minute "cardio" type workout 4-5x/week is great. Meditation- ooooh- has been shown to be beneficial. Studies have shown an association with lower blood pressure and cortisol (stress hormone) levels.

Some of you may be able to keep a strict regimen, others may not, but at least have something to strive for.

On the humorous side, when asked the secret to his longevity, George Burns replied "Eat half."