Author Topic: Gay Furor Forces Mozilla CEO to Resign  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Gay Furor Forces Mozilla CEO to Resign
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
Yet again insanity and dogmatism take over freedom of speech and true liberalism. This Guy Brendan Eich is more then qualified to head the Mozilla corporation but he made the crucial "sin" of believing that marriage are sacred union between a man and a woman so he donated money to promote "proposition 8" in California. Now a gay bullying campaign against him forced him to resign from office.

http://www.mercurynews.com/60-second-business-break/ci_25486642/biz-break-mozilla-ceo-steps-down-after-prop

Today: Mozilla's new leader steps down from the Mountain View nonprofit after a backlash stemming from his financial support of initiative to ban same-sex marriage.
The Lead: Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich steps down after Prop. 8 uproar
Mozilla announced Thursday afternoon that its newly appointed CEO, JavaScript creator and Mozilla cofounder Brendan Eich, would step down after his appointment last month sparked a firestorm of criticism for a $1,000 donation to the 2008 campaign for Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage that was eventually overturned by the courts.

"While painful, the events of the last week show exactly why we need the Web. So all of us can engage freely in the tough conversations we need to make the world better," the Mountain View nonprofit's other cofounder, Executive Chairwoman Mitchell Baker said in the announcement of the move. "We need to put our focus back on protecting that Web. And doing so in a way that will make you proud to support Mozilla."

The backlash against Mozilla, which produces the Firefox Web browser, included calls for his resignation from developer groups and Mozilla's employees, as well as a widely discussed block on Firefox browsers by the dating site OKCupid, which asked users to switch their choice of Web browsers to show their support for gay marriage.
"The difference between marriage equality as a right versus a matter of political or personal opinion is nuanced, historically recent, and culturally complex for a global community like Mozilla's. And it's on us to demonstrate that we understand and show respect," Mozilla Foundation Program Manager Matt Thompson wrote last week on his blog.
Prop. 8 was approved by Californians in the 2008 election that gave Arnold Schwarzenegger his only full term as governor of the state, with the ban on same-sex marriage receiving about 52 percent of the vote. The ban was eventually struck down by a federal appeals court in California, and the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that backers of the law looking to appeal that decision did not have the standing to do so, which brought same-sex marriage back to the Golden State.
Eich's contribution first caused controversy in 2012, when he was still chief technology officer of Mozilla, a position he took in 2005. While that firestorm died down, it sprang back to life after Mozilla ended a yearlong search for a new chief executive by promoting Eich from within.
"Brendan Eich, as a founder and a well-respected innovator of Web technologies, is uniquely equipped to lead Mozilla with his deep understanding of the organization's core values and technology vision," LinkedIn cofounder and Mozilla board member Reid Hoffman said in the announcement of Eich's promotion.
Mozilla and Eich attempted to take control of the conversation and save the appointment with open responses last week.
"Mozilla's community is made up of people who have very diverse personal beliefs working on a common cause, which is a free and open Internet," an unsigned Mozilla blog post read. "That is a very rare and special thing."
Eich pledged "active commitment to equality in everything we do" in a personal blog post, and said he would work "with LGBT communities and allies, to listen and learn what does and doesn't make Mozilla supportive and welcoming."
"You will see exemplary behavior from me toward everyone in our community, no matter who they are; and the same toward all those whom we hope will join, and for those who use our products," he wrote.
Those promises were not enough to save his job at the nonprofit foundation, however, and Mozilla said Thursday that it will return to the drawing board in a search for a new leader.
"What's next for Mozilla's leadership is still being discussed," Baker wrote Thursday, later adding, "Our mission will always be to make the Web more open so that humanity is stronger, more inclusive and more just: that's what it means to protect the open Web."
Check in weekday afternoons for the 60-Second Business Break, a summary of news from Mercury News staff writers, The Associated Press, Bloomberg News and other wire services. Contact Jeremy C. Owens at 408-920-5876; follow him at Twitter.com/jowens510.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Gay Furor Forces Mozilla CEO to Resign
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
We are going back to the days of ancient Rome fast.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
I proudly displayed my pro Proposition 8 posters in my cubical during that election...

I think it is sick that someones voting record of conscience is used against him.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:56:52 AM »
I proudly displayed my pro Proposition 8 posters in my cubical during that election...

I think it is sick that someones voting record of conscience is used against him.
Now you can't be Mozilla CEO too :(

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »
I thought the regressives were inclusive and tolerant?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 04:32:59 AM »