Author Topic: NBA Owner Is Accused Of Being Racist  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
NBA Owner Is Accused Of Being Racist
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »
NBA team owner in hot water over racist comments attributed to him

By Kevin Conlon, CNN

Source: CNN

(CNN) -- Donald Sterling -- the longtime owner of the Los Angeles Clippers -- is under investigation by the NBA for "offensive and disturbing" remarks he allegedly made about African-Americans.

Sterling, who has owned the franchise for nearly three decades, made the comments in a 10-minute argument he had with girlfriend V. Stiviano on April 9, according to TMZ, which posted the audio late Friday.

If authentic, the remarks seem to reflect Sterling's embarrassment and frustration with Stiviano over her associating with African-Americans at Clippers games and for posting such pictures on her Instagram account.

Clippers president Andy Roeser on Saturday questioned the recording and suggested a woman -- whom he doesn't mention by name -- was "getting even" with Sterling over a lawsuit.

Reaction: 'Disturbing and offensive'

NBA commissioner Adam Silver said at a press conference in Memphis on Saturday night that the league's investigation will seek to determine whether the tape is authentic and to figure out the context in which these "offensive and disturbing" comments were made.

Silver cautioned that Sterling must be afforded due process, so he would not speculate on any possible punishment, if any -- but said that the investigation will move "extraordinarily quickly."

Speaking about the recording, Roeser said, "we do not know if it is legitimate or it has been altered. We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would "get even."

TMZ does not say who made the recording or how the celebrity-centric website obtained it.

Attempts to reach Stiviano on Saturday were unsuccessful. She is part African-American, according to the recording.

The man alleged to be Sterling takes particular exception to a photo she posted to Instagram with NBA icon Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

"In your lousy f**ing Instagrams, you don't have to have yourself with -- walking with black people," the man says.

"If it's white people, it's OK?" she responds. "If it was Larry Bird, would it make a difference?"

Bird, the longtime Boston Celtics star, was Johnson's NBA rival.

"I've known [Magic] well and he should be admired .... I'm just saying that it's too bad you can't admire him privately," the man on the recording says. "Admire him, bring him here, feed him, f**k him, but don't put [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

Johnson responded Saturday afternoon via his verified Twitter account.

"I feel sorry for my friends Coach Doc Rivers and Chris Paul that they have to work for a man that feels that way about African Americans" read a tweet from @MagicJohnson. "I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner," read another.

Roeser said that Sterling is upset and apologizes for sentiments attributed to him about Earvin Johnson. "[Sterling] has long considered Magic a friend and has only the utmost respect and admiration for him -- both in terms of who he is and what he has achieved."

Sterling is "emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings," Roeser said.

"I don't know if I'm surprised or not," Clippers head coach Doc Rivers said at the team's practice Saturday, adding that he "obviously" didn't like the comments.

Rivers, who is in his first year coaching the team, told reporters that he didn't want the controversy to distract from the playoffs. He said he would be the sole person speaking on behalf of the team.

The players union's response will be led by NBA player-turned-mayor of Sacramento Kevin Johnson. "The reported comments made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling are reprehensible and unacceptable," he said in a statement.

Former players universally denounced the recorded comments.

"Should this guy continue to be an owner?" asked Shaquille O'Neal, who also called the comments "repugnant."

"We cannot have an NBA owner discriminating against the league," said Charles Barkley. "We're a black league."

Both discussed the issue during the Atlanta Hawks-Indiana Pacers halftime program on TNT, which like CNN, is a division of Time Warner.

In an interesting wrinkle, Sterling is set to be given a lifetime achievement award at an event next month to mark the 100th anniversary of the Los Angeles NAACP.

The Clippers are set to play the Golden State Warriors in Oakland on Sunday in the fourth game in their best-of-seven playoff series. Silver said Sterling has agreed to not attend.

Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said that he was "disappointed in the comments made. I think there's no place in society for those feelings."

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: NBA Owner Is Accused Of Being Racist
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »
"We cannot have an NBA owner discriminating against the league," said Charles Barkley. "We're a black league."

Really? Whites own the teams and make up most of the head coaches. I guess Charles Barkley can be racist while black. Racist while black is not racism in the "politically correct" mindset.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:00:23 AM »

Really? Whites own the teams and make up most of the head coaches. I guess Charles Barkley can be racist while black. Racist while black is not racism in the "politically correct" mindset.

Basketball was invented by whites and consisted mostly of whites prior to 1960s. If Carlos Idi Amin Barkley think he's a part of "a black league", then he should study history more.

Just saying.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:07:41 AM »
What's racist?  He said walking with black people. I don't get the outrage.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
What about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?  Does anyone call for them to step down??  No, they just get praise from the whole world, for all the low- down- Anti-Semitic garbage they spread.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
What's racist?  He said walking with black people. I don't get the outrage.

I heard it on the news and they didn't say what he said. So I had to look it up. They never repeat what they say is racist. Just like they don't say N***** but rather "the N word". He didn't even use that word then. How could he be racist if the woman he likes is part black?

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
Al Sharpton was on the the Meet the Press show about the Clippers owner being a racist.

Sharpton is the racist.   
Donald Sterling never killed 7 innocent people.

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2012/03/when-al-sharpton-incited-massacre-at.html
When Al Sharpton Incited a Massacre at Freddy's Fashion Mart
MARCH 28, 2012

Angelina Marrero . . . Cynthia Martinez . . . Luz Ramos . . . Mayra Rentas . . . Olga Garcia . . . Garnette Ramautar . . . Kareem Brunner their names will forever be remembered as the seven victims of the massacre at Freddy's Fashion Mart.  Their deaths can be traced to the racial incitement of one man.. the faux Reverend Al Sharpton.

It all started as a rent dispute in the summer of 1995:

The United House of Prayer, a large African-American church was also a major landlord in Harlem. They raised the rent Freddy's Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned clothing store which had operated from the same Harlem location for over 40 years. In turn Freddy's had to raise the rent on its sub-tenant, a black-owned record store. A landlord-tenant dispute ensued. As he has done so often in his life, Al Sharpton turned this non-racial economic dispute into a racial conflict.

The Sharpton-led protests began in August and came to a head on the morning of Friday, December 8th when Roland James Smith, Jr., who had been part of the Sharpton's protests, walked into Freddy's Fashion Mart, pulled out a gun, ordered all the black customers to leave, spilled paint thinner on several bins of clothing and set them on fire -- a fire that resulted in killing 7 people plus Smith. The only African American left in the story was Freddy's security guard Kareem Brunner, 22-years-old, who was ordered to stay by the mass murderer Smith.

At the time the faux-preacher claimed he wasn't involved in the protests, he was only there to mediate. He also claimed there was no Antisemitism involved in the protests, but he has been proven to be a liar.

Soon after the massacre, the Jewish Action Alliance, a New York-based civil-rights group, released audiotapes of several of Sharpton's weekly radio show in which Morris Powell, leader of the 125th Street Vendor's Association, can be heard using racial and anti-Semitic language to encourage Harlem residents to boycott Freddy's. Learning from his Crown Heights experience Sharpton let others push the anti-Semitic hatred but it was all done on his show.

"We are going to see that this cracker suffers,"  Powell is heard telling a crowd in one broadcast on  Aug. 19.

"Reverend Sharpton is on it. We have made contact with these crackers. We don't expect a lot out of them. They haven't seen how we feel about anything yet. We are going to show them."
 He also said
They think they gonna drive this man out of business, they gotta be out of their minds. We are not gonna stand idly by and let a Jewish person come in Black Harlem and methodically drive black people out of business up and down 125th Street. If we stand for that, we'll stand for anything. Which we've been doing.
 At a rally was recorded on Sept. 9, Mr. Sharpton is heard telling a crowd:
"I want to make it clear to the radio audience and to you here that we will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business on 125th Street.
Ironically Sharpton was the interloper, he was living in Hollis Queens at around the time Freddy's opened in Harlem and living in New Jersey when Freddy's was burned down. When other white-owned businesses fled the neighborhood as the population became more African-American, Fred Harari the owner of Freddy's continued to serve the neighborhood.

On an October 21st broadcast Norman "Granddad" Reide said:
I am saying to the Jewish community and specifically to Abraham Foxman, that you come out and utter a word, accusatory remark against Reverend Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Donna Wilson, Reverend Shields, or Gary Byrd, we will boycott you and nobody loves money any more than the Jewish people. Thank you.

In court papers filed the day before the fire, Harari and two employees described weeks of protests outside the clothing store in which demonstrators threatened employees, hurled obscenities at "bloodsucking Jews" and talked of burning down the store.

Aftermath
Sharpton, the professional bigot criticized NYPD investigators for quickly linking the fire to the protesters. But the police evidence and the tapes from the Jewish Alliance proved him to be a liar. After first telling the press "What's wrong with calling someone a white interloper?" he apologized for using that term.  He never apologized for the Jew-hatred broadcast on his radio shows and spoken at the rallies he helped to organize.  He continues to deny that the rallies had anything to do with the firebombing

Of course Sharpton never apologized for Tawana Brawley or slandering DA Pagones by with the unfounded charge that Pagones was the rapist,
“I did what I believed….They are asking me to grovel. They want black children to say they forced a black man coming out of the hard-core ghetto to his knees….Once you begin bending, it’s ‘did you bend today?’ or ‘I missed the apology, say it again.’ Once you start compromising, you lose respect for yourself.”

..nor did he apologize for saying the "Central Park Jogger" was raped by her boyfriend and leading demonstrations calling the woman who was raped and beaten to within a hair of death a whore...

...and he certainly never apologized for the anti-Semitic Pogrom he led at Crown Heights.

Al Sharpton is a Baptist Minister who regularly breaks the ninth commandment, Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, he has incited riots which have lead to the deaths of innocents. A real preacher would not have incited violence but called for peace. A real preacher would have waited for the truth before he incited and a real preacher would have apologized when he wrongly accused people...none of which Al Sharpton has done.

Sharpton's real business isn't preaching, his real business is being a professional agitator. In the end just like a TV detergent, Al Sharpton is selling a product...Al Sharpton. And he has been rewarded for his efforts with an undeserved halo of respectability by the press, by MSNBC, and by the President of the United States.

As you read, watch or hear the news reports about Sharpton's protests with the Trayvon Martin family, understand this context.  Sharpton couldn't give a rat's ass about Travyon, his grieving family or improving the lives of African Americans in this country.  He is only concerned with selling his product.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »
how could this negro worshiper be racist?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
You want to know what's racist?  Letting most if not all NBA teams play on Martin Luthor King's Birthday instead of giving the whole league the day off.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
This is clearly an extortion attempt by this nasty whore.

The only reason an Al Sharpton ys"v is speaking out is because there's potential money to be made. He could care less about racism. The bottom line is that he's only concerned with improving his bottom line.

Sterling has provided more lucrative jobs to blacks in the private sector than Sharpton could ever dream of.

There isn't a single black person who will be hurt financially because of Sterling's statements.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 08:34:53 PM »
This is clearly an extortion attempt by this nasty whore.

Agreed. Sterling is the 973rd richest man on the planet.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/donald-sterling/
Unfortunately he is a cheating (on his wife) self-hating Jew, but he is also known for being a stubborn/"hard" businessman that does not give in. He is also a lawyer. There is a chance that he will not give in to the enormous amount of pressure being applied to him to capitulate. At this point in his life (he is over 80) he has absolutely nothing to lose.  He should call the NBA's bluff and get into a legal battle with them.

There isn't a single black person who will be hurt financially because of Sterling's statements.

Agreed. The ironic part is that if he battles back he could financially hurt many of them. He should not give any so-called black charities money for the rest of his life. They are on the verge of biting the hand that feeds them.  As I stated above, at this stage in his life he can not be financially hurt.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »
In true Demoncrap fashion, Sterling has apparently also made comments about Jews, even though he himself is supposedly Jewish.  In the video he basically says that white Jews hate black Jews in Israel when in fact, Israel rolls over for blacks who aren't even Jewish.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/27/there-are-white-jews-and-black-jews-more-audio-allegedly-featuring-cultural-views-of-l-a-clippers-owner/

What you mentioned is the most damaging aspect of Donald Sterling's comments.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
I was waiting for libtards to boycott the NBA to support black people. Oh well...
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 08:54:44 AM »

I heard it on the news and they didn't say what he said. So I had to look it up. They never repeat what they say is racist. Just like they don't say N***** but rather "the N word". He didn't even use that word then. How could he be racist if the woman he likes is part black?

I see that a lot where an allegation is made that something terrible is said but the article does not reveal the actual comment. I think the reason in this case (and others) is that if from the beginning they reveal what was actually said people would realize the allegation is completely absurd.
I saw a sarcasm article on The Onion that claimed a senator made horrendously offensive comments.... throughout the article they made reference to the comment and others expressed their offense to the comment but nowhere in the article did it ever say what the comment was. Anyway, it reminds me of this situation.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
He has been banned ffrom the NBA for life and fined 2.5 million dollars.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 05:16:32 PM »
See how badly the liberal media handled the statements of Cliven Bundy... They totally twisted what he said to make it sound racist. I have listened to what he said and it was NOT at all racist, but rather it demonstrated compassion and care for minorities (including blacks and hispanics). This Cliven Bundy guy may be a lot of things, but one thing he surely is not is racist.... But if any idiot were to believe what the socialist media was feeding them they would not be able to think on their own to discover that what he said was not racist at all...

See how Alfonzo Rachel exposes the twisted bias of the slimy liberal media.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
I really hate all the race baiting by the left, but this owner seems to be a immoral piece of trash!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 08:31:27 PM »
He has been banned from the NBA for life and fined 2.5 million dollars.

Wow! That is chump change for him. Banned for life huh? He'll probably die within the next decade.

As long as they are placated I can sleep well at night. All is well with the world.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
You know what I find funny.... The whole world is a powder keg right now, and there are warning bells going off like crazy, and our leaders are worried about racism... ??? ??? ???

You know White's are slaughtering Blacks all over America!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »
I don't feel a damn bit sorry for this clown. This is a very evil SHJ and besides that he's simply an idiot. That being said, why is this a bigger story than Russia/Ukraine, the Israeli suicide process, the monster who went on a shooting spree at FedEx, etc.?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
He has been banned ffrom the NBA for life and fined 2.5 million dollars.

How can they force him to sell his own team? How can they give him a fine? Are they law enforcement? What law did he break by making comments? If they let him keep the team on condition he pay 2.5 million dollars, that's one thing. But if they are banning him from the NBA, how can they force him to pay money? It looks like the NBA commissioner is also a self-hating Jew.

The owner's own players don't like him. What if he wanted to replace them with an all white team? Would that be racist and would the team be banned by the NBA?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »
In true Demoncrap fashion, Sterling has apparently also made comments about Jews, even though he himself is supposedly Jewish.  In the video he basically says that white Jews hate black Jews in Israel when in fact, Israel rolls over for blacks who aren't even Jewish.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/27/there-are-white-jews-and-black-jews-more-audio-allegedly-featuring-cultural-views-of-l-a-clippers-owner/

ZooTube removed it for "copyright infringement".

I found part of the conversation below.

Notice how a black user commented on the video and said that Sterling was right and the fact that every ethnic group has stereotypes in the way they view other races is a fact and they're just playing the race card on a massive scale.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
The Left used Treyvon Martin, Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty, Cliven Bundy, and now Donald Sterling to perpetuate Racism and advance their causes.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 04:14:41 PM »
The best thing for him to do is to drive the LA Clippers to the ground and move it to bumble, Alabama. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein