Author Topic: Happy Jerusalem Day! Sights and Sounds of the Holy City  (Read 896 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Happy Jerusalem Day! Sights and Sounds of the Holy City
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
Celebrate Jerusalem Day with me....

Enjoy the sights and sounds (imagine the smells?) of Jerusalem on your big-screen, little-screen, or any screen in between.

Fast forward through some of the sections where Avodah Zarah is shown...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Happy Jerusalem Day! Sights and Sounds of the Holy City
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 01:04:39 AM »
Yira Shalem (Complete Awe/Fear)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 01:28:44 AM »
Jerusalem is such a beautiful city and video makes me yearn even more...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 01:29:33 AM »
I have not seen this documentary (posted in parts).... I hope it is good...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:48:07 AM »
The documentary seems pretty 'factual' and it does not seem anti-Israel biased..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »
Except for the bit suggesting the 'poor palestinians' this documentary seems pretty honest...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 02:26:08 AM »
Israel wiped out the airforces of Egypt, Syria, and Jordan in hours...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
Two more and I call it a night...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:30:15 AM »
Alright, let us wrap up the end of the Six Day War documentary...

It is hard to believe I was 2 years old when this was happening, my brother had not been born yet...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:40:45 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 01:48:04 AM »
The loss was SO humiliating to the arabs... Baruch Hashem, Israel was granted a clear victory when it decimated all those armies who rose to kill the Jewish state.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 02:01:08 AM »
My opinion of that documentary is that it was mostly fair... Aside from incorrectly portraying the arabs as innocent victims, they should have shown the fact that the arabs were not forced to leave Israel, they left of their own volition. Unlike the Jews in arab countries who were involuntarily evicted from their homes, their belongings and money confiscated. I know this because a friend of mine in minyan is an Egyptian Sephardic Jew whose family lost everything in 1948.

Aside from giving that fantasy of 'palestinian nationalism' coverage, the video was a good explanation of how incredible Israels forces were at that time.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
I really loved this video, great special effects music too, footage one doesn't see every day.   Threshold of Judgement gate, David's Tower, Church of all Nations, Mount of Olives and historical sites...I am really ready to go on a trip to Israel now.   I would buy this video from JTF, or perhaps the www.jerusalem shots.com has some for a nice donation!