Author Topic: Who would be the best choice for President of Israel?  (Read 722 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Who would be the best choice for President of Israel?
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181148#.U4Zq4mdOWM8

Reuven Rivlin is Right Wing. That's why Bibi made him Knesset Speaker rather than a government minister where he could vote against Left Wing policies in the cabinet. Sharon also made him Knesset Speaker for the same reason.

Avigdor Lieberman supports the Ein Atid supported candidate, the extreme Left Wing Dalia Itzik who would just be a continuation of Shimon Peres.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Who would be the best choice for President of Israel?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:30:50 PM »
Chaim could be a great president.

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Even if Dalia Itzik wasn't left wing, I just feel disgusted with the thought of this ugly woman even bidding for presidency. I remember once she was offered to be the ambassador to Britian and she didn't even speak English.

I guess I could tolerate Ruby Rivlin or the Nobel prize winner (if he isn't too lefty).
I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to Nobel prizes and academics. I quite like the idea of a top scientist being a representative as long he is not left wing.

Those two are  the best of a bad lot. None of the candidates really appeal.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »
Good to see you again, Fibro!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:17:34 PM »
For all his failings, Rivlin is just too much of an uninhibited nominal Right Wing loud mouth with a grudge against Bibi & Oslo for TPTB to allow him become President.

Rivlin passing away or being hospitalized quite soon is a distinct possibility!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:13:32 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 05:13:08 AM »
Rivlin is of course, very far from being a genuine Right Winger, and is not averse to grovelling to the Arabs:

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Liberman-slams-Netanyahu-over-Rivlin-endorsement-for-presidential-race-354742

Rivlin angered Liberman when he was Knesset speaker by preventing the passage of bills that would initiate an investigation of foreign funding for left-wing nongovernmental organizations and revoke the pension of former Balad MK Azmi Bishara, who helped Hezbollah against Israel in the Second Lebanon War. Rivlin further upset Liberman by making his first visit as Knesset speaker to the Arab city of Umm el-Fahm and not to a Druse village where people serve in the army.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
I would say a True Conservative, if  you can find one these days...One who believes that life, liberty, and freedom come from the almighty, not the government.  A person who is willing to stand up for truth, regardless of the political consequences and who values life, tries to stop abortion,  and believes that God is the answer.   How many times have nations been destroyed or reprimanded because they followed their own paths, or the teachings of this shallow world, worshipped money or idols!!!!!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181198#.U4fHE5uKDn4
“Peres explained to world leaders why we should make concessions. Rivlin will do the opposite.” (Michael Kleiner)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 01:35:26 AM »
The Israeli presidency position is a joke.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein