Author Topic: Oh Lawdy Lawdy I done gots caught cheatin'!!!!  (Read 528 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Oh Lawdy Lawdy I done gots caught cheatin'!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »
I wonder...

A bright student at a top city high school was humiliated in front of her classmates for cheating on a test

was this poor girl let into a gifted high achieving course based on her race? Was she unable to compete with her peers who were admitted due to academic performance? Did this lead to humiliation and a desperate attempt to pass exams by the only means possible - cheating?

I know this whole thing is a huge assumption but I have witnessed this cruel aspect of affirmative action. Not only does it exclude qualified candidates, it also puts undue stress on non qualified students and only leads to failure.... unless of course they make it unfairly easy on the non qualified student which then leads to either an unqualified worker or a student at the next level who is even more profoundly unable to achieve academically.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »
Rather than cheat she should have just failed (if everyone was meant to pass, there wouldn't be tests). Then she could have gone to an educational or career path that matched her skill set better. Unfortunately now this person is dead and can't achieve anything.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »
I wonder...

was this poor girl let into a gifted high achieving course based on her race? Was she unable to compete with her peers who were admitted due to academic performance? Did this lead to humiliation and a desperate attempt to pass exams by the only means possible - cheating?

I know this whole thing is a huge assumption but I have witnessed this cruel aspect of affirmative action. Not only does it exclude qualified candidates, it also puts undue stress on non qualified students and only leads to failure.... unless of course they make it unfairly easy on the non qualified student which then leads to either an unqualified worker or a student at the next level who is even more profoundly unable to achieve academically.

exactly.
I was about to use that same quote.
She was so bright that she had to cheat.
She was a "biology wiz" also. what a joke.

Now her white teacher will be charged with murder.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »
This is a terrible story and the title of your post is unfitting
Hayot Araviot Masrihot