Author Topic: Why has David Haivri shaved off his beard & sidelocks?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Why has David Haivri shaved off his beard & sidelocks?
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:06 AM »
New image? Reformed character? Skin rash? Allergy? Toned down/relinquishing his Torah zeal now that he's 47? New wife? Attempting to imitate our clean-shaved Chayim?!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:50:07 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Why has David Haivri shaved off his beard & sidelocks?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Haivri

David Ha'ivr, born Jason David Axelrod, in New York, USA in 1967, is an Israeli settler and political activist. He emigrated with his family from the United States to Israel at the age of 11 and served in the IDF. Ha'ivri lives with his wife and eight children in Kfar Tapuach in the West Bank. He is a controversial leader, writer and speaker.........Ha'ivri has had several disputes with the Israeli government. He was notably arrested for celebrating the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in a television interview and served six month jail time in connection with the desecration of a mosque. However, in an interview with the New York Times newspaper, Ha'Ivri said he no longer engaged in such activism, adding that, at 43, he had mellowed, even if his core convictions had not. "I’m a little older now, a little more mature," he said........In the late 1980s, he formed a group of Rabbi Kahane's students at the Yeshivat HaRaayon HaYehudi, which later moved to the town of Kfar Tapuach. After Binyamin Ze'ev Kahane's assassination in December 2000, Ha'ivri took on responsibility for his bi-weekly publication, Darka Shel Torah and HaMeir L'David, a publishing group which prints and distributes the works of Rabbi Meir Kahane and Binyamin Ze'ev Kahane.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why has David Haivri shaved off his beard & sidelocks?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
Well, he mellowed out. Not unusual for someone who gets married and has 8 kids and is a father helping raising those kids.

I take issue of his remarks that he has mellowed out and matured.  Therefore, go after truth is immature?  I don't understand those types of remarks.  Sure perhaps his intense activism and behavior has changed now that he has to worry about a reputation and family to feed.  But I don't see how truth is immature and then less truth is mature?  Maybe idealism turned to reality for him.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein