Author Topic: The man who swims with crocodiles. cool video  (Read 669 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
The man who swims with crocodiles. cool video
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »
Just an interesting video:

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: The man who swims with crocodiles. cool video
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Maybe not so cool if he's getting them to be completely unafraid of people and to associate people with food.

Obviously the connection those two shared was something special. I don't think it was completely one-sided because crocodiles do have a social structure and are capable of forming some level of social bond. However this was the kind of relationship that could have changed at any time, through some chance misreading of body language, or a sudden instinct to bite or thrash out from the crococodile, or even the croc making a mistake and accidentally hurting him.

I think it's sad that the crocodile died before they thought he would but at least this way they have only nice memories of him and the story was overall a happy one. I think that eventually if this had gone on, the odds would be against this having a happy ending.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:40:41 PM by Rubystars »

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
He's braver than I am that's for sure.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »
I've always thought that not only can we communicate with animals, we can work together with them. They do have extensive instinctive knowledge of their environments, and I have a fantasy of sorts that it is possible to tame a swamp, and work together with animals to make such an environment an agricultural powerhouse beyond what can be done in a field. It's far from only a commercial interest, however, because since animals do not fear one who has the face of a man (sins make you animalistic and make animals fear and want to attack you, shown by Shimson the prophet's fight with a bear) it will be a more moral and ethical society that can live in conjunction with nature.

The commercial interests of such an endeavor are vast, like monkeys picking a field of berries, birds trained to eat insects in specific areas, a number of creatures could plant and upkeep trees and whole gardens and other useful applications like we've taught dogs to do. If we can develop a relationship with a crocodile, there isn't any other creature in existence that we can't communicate with on a level, and ultimately work together with.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge