Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:43:23 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Federal judge rules no-fly list is unconstitutional
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
You don't think anyone is on this list for bogus reasons at all?

I actually agree with this ruling, in theory. I do not think it's right that an unelected agency or official gets to play God and determine who is and isn't allowed to use a mode of transportation. That being said, I don't think terror suspects should be allowed to be free, anywhere. If they are really terror risks, lock them up or deport them. If they are guilty of terror, execute them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:21:43 PM »
Maybe they can get rid of all that security at the airports. People have a right to fly where they want to with their property. They should be able to fly with knives, guns, bombs, etc...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Maybe they can get rid of all that security at the airports. People should and have a right to fly where they want to with their property. They should be able to fly with knives, guns, bombs, etc...
I think law-abiding citizens with a concealed carry permit should be allowed to carry on planes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
I think law-abiding citizens with a concealed carry permit should be allowed to carry on planes.

I support conceal-carry, but I don't know about on a plane... All we need is one case of 'air rage' and it could get ugly.

I don't fly anymore (haven't in over 10 years) because of 9/11 (and other reasons including not having confidence in the pilots, the mechanics, and the planes)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »
Anyone the government is designating as a terrorist is almost completely likely not to be a terrorist. Islam should be the only reason to be on a no-fly list. It's obvious that this list has been abused, and while I'm all for security, I have no faith that this will achieve it.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
Just because some people are on it for the wrong reasons doesn't mean it's unconstitutional.  That's like saying there shouldn't be jails because innocent people could get locked up.  People do not have a God-given right to fly on an airplane.  There are security reasons no-fly lists exist, and they should remain in existence.
For once I agree with LKZ. If someone is such a danger to society that they shouldn't fly on a plane, they shouldn't be free to walk around in society, period. If not, then the no-fly-list is bull****.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
The no-fly list is not just for people in this country that we could put in jail or kill.  It is also for people like the underwear bomber who could possibly come into the country from foreign countries who support terror.
Then they should also be kept out via boat, etc. I won't say what should really be done with these terror suspects but we should take care of business.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
The no-fly list is not just for people in this country that we could put in jail or kill.  It is also for people like the underwear bomber who could possibly come into the country from foreign countries who support terror.

There should be a terror watch list. There is a terror watch list. They are too cowardly to put terror affiliates on terror watch lists, because then they'd have to add the CAIR, so they made a neutral-sounding "no-fly list", which they also populate with regular Americans, so they can justify the list without "racism".

Don't get me wrong. Better to have a no=fly list and these terror suspects can't fly, then none at all, but there's a better option all together, and I wouldn't want the underwear bomber coming in by boat or by tunnel or car either. Keeping terrorists out of the country is good. They should be on "no coming to America lists". They keep this list around to harass regular Americans into compliance with the TSA.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
Since planes can more effectively be used as weapons against the population than other modes of transportation, that is probably the reason they are singled out.  Ideally terrorists could not get on any form of transportation.  History has shown that Muslims in particular do not mix with planes, and so ideally, as I have said before, if Muslims want to fly let them get a flying carpet.  And Muslims should not even be allowed into the country in the first place.  BUT a no-fly list is the next best thing (at least it's something), and if we don't have one that makes things easier for Muslim terrorists.  And the Muslims understand this, which is why the sand schvartza ACLU lawyer was quite happy about this ruling.

Obviously. It's not the list they care about, they ruled it unconstitutional to restrict travel to many people with ties to terrorists.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Do they allow shampoo and liquid soap on planes?