Author Topic: It's okay, they're "peaceful" Muslims  (Read 4628 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
It's okay, they're "peaceful" Muslims
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:43 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293016,00.html

The group, though radical, does not support violence to obtain its objective.

Yeah, this makes me feel better. ::)

Hard-Line Muslim Meeting Draws 90,000 Followers, Calls For Islamic State

JAKARTA, Indonesia —  Nearly 90,000 followers of a hard-line Muslim group packed a stadium in the Indonesian capital Sunday, calling for the creation of an Islamic state and thunderously chanting "Allah is great!"

Hizbut Tahrir, a Sunni organization with an estimated million members, is banned in some Asian and Arab countries, but drew supporters from Europe, Africa and the Middle East to Indonesia for a meeting of the group that is held every two years.

Speeches called for the return of the caliphate, or Islamic statehood, across the Muslim world. The crowd, divided into sections for women and men, roared in support.

"We need to carry this message from every corner from the east to west, so that on judgment day we can be proud," said Salim Frederick of Hizbut Tahrir's English branch.

The freedom of expression that Muslims enjoy in Indonesia is a luxury compared to most other countries, said Hassan Ko Nakata of the Japanese Muslim Association.

High school teacher Erni Tri, 40, said she drove two hours with her husband and three children to attend the prayers, music and speeches in Jakarta.

Hizbut Tahrir "is firm and uncompromising toward un-Islamic cultures," she said. "It is driven by love for Allah and has no hidden agenda to get votes or power."

The group, though radical, does not support violence to obtain its objective.

Speakers from England and Australia, Imran Waheed and Sheikh Ismail al Wahwah, were deported upon arrival in Indonesia, a spokesman said. It was not immediately clear why they were not allowed to attend.

"Those responsible for this are being paranoid," Ismail Yusanto told reporters. "This has hurt our right of freedom of expression."

Though Hizbut Tahrir's rallies are usually peaceful, the U.S. Embassy last week cautioned its citizens against going near the gathering, noting that some recent demonstrations in Indonesia — the world's most populous Muslim nation — have turned violent.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

Re: It's okay, they're "peaceful" Muslims
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:12:01 AM »
It's easy to find peaceful muslims. They hang out with the sober rednecks, the straight interior decorators and the honest politicians.

ftf

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
It's easy to find peaceful muslims. They hang out with the sober rednecks, the straight interior decorators and the honest politicians.
Best laugh I've had in days, my thanks, newman.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:07:48 PM »

I take personal offense at the redneck remark.

O.K. maybe not lol :)
No peace, without FREEDOM.

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:10:41 PM »

I wish to appologise, MW.

Please pass-on my appologies to Auntie Ma and Uncle Pa, too. ;)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »

I sort of like that thing it seems like something  if properly placed  would annoy troublesome neighbors.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 10:33:11 PM »
It would be more annoying if made out of those beautiful Rolling Rock beer bottles.  Think of how they would catch the light.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

newman

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:51 PM »
It would be more annoying if made out of those beautiful Rolling Rock beer bottles.  Think of how they would catch the light.

Spoken like a true lady. :D

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 10:50:26 PM »

Catching the light :) Best I can do  ;)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 11:07:29 PM »

Excellent - that is beautiful - a person could have a lot of fun making one of those.  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:42 PM »

Excellent - that is beautiful - a person could have a lot of fun making one of those.  ;)
And they made it with the right kind of beer.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 02:10:58 AM »
Great posts cjd.  I especially liked the "redneck palm pilot" you posted somewhere else.  That had me ROFL bigtime.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:48 AM »
Great posts cjd.  I especially liked the "redneck palm pilot" you posted somewhere else.  That had me ROFL bigtime.
I can't take credit for the palm pilot I think it was MosqueWatch that posted that he had me doing the same. How do people think of stuff like that.

newman

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 05:22:30 AM »
I can't take credit for the palm pilot I think it was MosqueWatch that posted that he had me doing the same. How do people think of stuff like that.

....Easy! They live in the South. :laugh:

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:02 PM »
Newman is correct !! :) Nite all :)