Author Topic: Anyone see Rand Paul's column in National Review?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Anyone see Rand Paul's column in National Review?
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »
Very pro Israel.  Would love too see Chaim's take on it.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Anyone see Rand Paul's column in National Review?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:16:26 AM »
Post it
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »
Well I can't sleep because unsafe countries always make me go into commando mode and I can't sleep like that. Anyways:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381726/tragedy-israel-rand-paul

This week, three young boys were buried in Israel. The victims of kidnapping, they had been murdered by terrorists from Hamas.

The boys, Eyal Yifrach, 19; Gilad Shaar, 16; and Naftali Frenkel, a 16-year-old dual U.S.–Israeli citizen, were like any other children — their lives ready to be lived, their dreams ahead of them. They grew up in a nation that was at war but desperately wanted peace.

It is a peace they did not live to see, nor will others their age if action is not taken.

The Obama administration responded with its condolences to the families and to the state of Israel, as well it should have. But it also called, as it always does in situations like this, for restraint on the part of Israel.

How many times must Israel hear this call? Children are murdered — please show restraint. Cafés and buses are bombed — please show restraint. Towns are victimized by hundreds of rockets — please show restraint while you bury your dead once again.

I think it is clear by now: Israel has shown remarkable restraint. It possesses a military with clear superiority over that of its Palestinian neighbors, yet it does not respond to threat after threat, provocation after provocation, with the type of force that would decisively end their conflict.

But sometimes restraint can work against you. Sometimes you just have to say, enough is enough.

Nearly six weeks ago, I proposed a bill called the “Stand With Israel Act.” Its purpose was to cut off the flow of U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Palestinian Authority if it allied with Hamas — the same Hamas that just murdered these three teenagers.

So let’s be clear: U.S. taxpayer money may soon be going to an entity kidnapping and murdering Israeli and U.S. children.

That is unconscionable, and it must end.

There are those who have said my bill is unnecessary, that current law will allow the Obama administration to cut off the aid money.

I don’t believe that, and no supporter of Israel should believe that. Remember, the Obama administration did not respond to these murders by calling for Palestinian/Hamas aid to be cut off. Instead, they called for “restraint.” The Obama administration chose to lecture Israel instead of punish the perpetrators.

I call for all aid to the Palestinian Authority — every penny — to be cut off. Not one more U.S. taxpayer dollar should flow to Hamas or to the Palestinian Authority as long as it is allied with Hamas.

Some say my position is too hard-line, too strong. To them I say, how many more children must die before it is acceptable to cut off the flow of money to terrorists?

I ask my colleagues to join me in supporting my Stand with Israel Act, and urge the Senate to take action immediately upon its return.

I asked for unanimous consent to pass this bill weeks ago. I will do so again next week. Whoever wants to come down to object will need to explain to the parents of these teenagers why the United States of America is funding their murderers.

What I want to know is that if his stand with Israel act makes us more dependent on them, and what is in it. He has no problem with the continued existence of Hamas, and certainly, not Fatah terrorists, as long as they aren't with the lesser Hamas terrorists, and this sentence "They grew up in a nation that was at war but desperately wanted peace." shows that they still want Israel to play puppy, but they will fire off their mouths now.

What is the point of the article? Besides the emotional response showing kinship to him for "feeling" our broken hearts, he wants to continue his end aid program, which is good, but don't think there is any love lost for him on Israel.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
I didn't say he was a Kahanist but he is saying to let Israel throw off restraint and take care of Hamas.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 02:35:21 AM »
Figured this was the point:

Gerald Martinez • 6 hours ago

I agree with Rand. I do not believe that US Taxpayer money should go to... [FRAUD]...estine. But I also believe it shouldn't be going to Israel either.

13•Reply•Share › 13 referring to 13 likes and no dislikes.

At first, I didn't want to mention this, because it's good, we want their "aid" cut off. However, don't think that they see things like you and I. The whole point about talking about restraint, and how it can hurt to restrain too much was not a call to action for Israel to destroy the Terroristinian authority. It was another emotional cue, now we think "oh, those Fraudestinians are so bad, but Israelis are violent and are going to drag us into a war, let's stay away from this whole thing". The suffering Randy tries to console then takes a turn like in Africa, Americans say "that's so bad", look down from their supper or T.V., and then consider it a backwater place they want no affiliation with, because they don't want to go there and have that happen to them, except as "warriors for peace", who will generally side with the Terrorist authority until attacked, and then revert to their original stable state of being.

What's aid really to the USA? They spend more than that on Obama's dog. To the terroristinians, there's the issue of getting involved in murder, but for Israel, they get way more out of it than they pay, so I don't think the Paulbots are after an end for aid to Israel because of economic strain. Really, it's a step on the right (which I've mentioned) towards disinvestment in Israel, which will make attacking it later easier. They like to play hopscotch with left and right taking turns who likes Israel, but neither likes us, the left wants more commies and the right wants more xtians. Now that they have what they'll get, it's back to the same-old hatred.

Look at us trained puppy dogs. We lap the sweat from master's hand because he stated the obvious in the first paragraph, and made another few statements of reality. There's nothing really pro-Israel here. Just that he didn't lie makes him Saint Randy Putz.

"Whoever wants to come down to object will need to explain to the parents of these teenagers why the United States of America is funding their murderers."

Tails start wagging. No need to explain for funding Fatah terrorists, but nothing like emotion to get backing for a bill whose contents I haven't heard of, and to get support for the presidency.

This next bit is kool-aid like the rest, but it's so phony it's the Chinese rip-off version with extra chemical paste:

"Not one more U.S. taxpayer dollar should flow to Hamas or to the Palestinian Authority as long as it is allied with Hamas.

Some say my position is too hard-line, too strong. To them I say, how many more children must die before it is acceptable to cut off the flow of money to terrorists?"

Too hard-line? That's what you say after saying "we should stop paying genital-mutilators to kill Israeli kids". Yeah a little hardcore there, we'd understand if you settled for a more moderate option for broader appeal.

Man, picking apart this speech was like grade-school deprogramming. He can't even find a respectable brain-washer (or maybe, by the poster's comments, those aren't necessary with people today).

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 02:39:36 AM »
I didn't say he was a Kahanist but he is saying to let Israel throw off restraint and take care of Hamas.

He implied that restraint might be working against them, and praised their struggle "for peace". This is the reason I can scam any American in three minutes over the phone, but giving them something that will improve their lives and make them rich is like pulling teeth. You people read into whatever you're told, and think what you want is what they said, because you identify with things outside of you, so they have to be good or you're not good, and if anyone attacks them, they attack you, so you have to win trivial arguments over celebrities and mindless things, even if it comes to violence, because they're attacking you.

Randy is a phony. Even if there was the best government in America, like big pro-Israel Regan, it could still be bad for Israel. Don't trust these people.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
RP was on Hannity last night (6/2/2014) . He stated US aid to the PA should be cut off, but only to the extent it goes to Hamas.  He did not say all aid to PA should be cut off.  In other words, RP has no problem sending aid to the PA, provided it gives "assurances" that none of it will go to Hamas.  I am not impressed.