Author Topic: Yishmael: Pere Adam-Uncivilized & Lawless  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Yishmael: Pere Adam-Uncivilized & Lawless
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:33:50 PM »

In English:

:בעברית

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Yishmael: Pere Adam-Uncivilized & Lawless
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »
This is from Torah, Israel's constitution.  All other nations should include the fact that Ishmaelites are a bunch of hostile uncivilized wild asses in their constitutions as well.

While I think I understand what you are saying, I would like to clarify that to a religious Jew the Torah is much more than a 'Constitution' but rather a contract between the people of Israel and the G-d of Israel. As I was explaining to one of my bosses at work the other day. The Torah does not lay out a series of rights which are granted to man but rather the Torah lays out a bunch of responsibilities man has to G-d and to his fellow humans. Todays Western view is that the Constitution grants mankind the rights of 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'... The Torah lays down 613 rules of obligation while promising only the blessing of peace for keeping them...

I am just trying to clarify my opinion of the difference between a Constitution and the Torah.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Yishmael: Pere Adam- What Do the Sources Really Say?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »
This is a response to someone else's response and challenge (if you can call it that) claiming Peri Adam means something else.

English

בעברית

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:58:51 PM by Tag-MehirTzedek »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.