Author Topic: Rabbi Mizrachi's Interview With Arutz Sheva  (Read 36214 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rabbi Mizrachi's Interview With Arutz Sheva
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »
Great. MI liked most of it (minus the "gilgulim" part). Glad to hear him say to bombard them and not jeopardize any Jewish soldiers.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »
Great. MI liked most of it (minus the "gilgulim" part). Glad to hear him say to bombard them and not jeopardize any Jewish soldiers.

Tag, you're really getting to be too much with this stuff. Rabbi Kahane wasn't against Zohar, btw.

I'll be the first to say it then: in terms of standing up for Torah truth of what should be done in Israel, making baalei teshuva, standing against the establishment traitors, and saying the truth about Islam, Rabbi Mizrachi is the closest Rabbi to Rabbi Kahane in the generation, and if he were to actually run for knesset, I would fight for it with anything.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »
Tag, you're really getting to be too much with this stuff. Rabbi Kahane wasn't against Zohar, btw.

I'll be the first to say it then: in terms of standing up for Torah truth of what should be done in Israel, making baalei teshuva, standing against the establishment traitors, and saying the truth about Islam, Rabbi Mizrachi is the closest Rabbi to Rabbi Kahane in the generation, and if he were to actually run for knesset, I would fight for it with anything.

O would say that Rav Bar-Hayim is the closest.Rabbi mizrachi I'd good but RBH is better and closer to Rav Kahane. With all due respect R Mizrachi can be influenced and inclined towards the antirationalists sometimes when the conditions permit.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »
I am curious, how would rabbi Bar-Hayim be more like Rabbi Kahane? In what ways?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:39:35 PM »
I am curious, how would rabbi Bar-Hayim be more like Rabbi Kahane? In what ways?

Watch his videos. he is also more rationally inclined. + taught at his Yeshiva.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »
Watch his videos. he is also more rationally inclined. + taught at his Yeshiva.

He's a great Rav. Very serious, brilliant, and I love his videos and respect him. That being said, am Yisrael needs many different thing. The main one is a lot of baalei teshuva. I don't see his movement fighting for that at all. In fact, some people start with saying Zohar is bad, and then move from there against everything. It's obviously all excuses, because the Rav never bad-mouthed halacha, but he did enter into disagreements with fundamental aspects of what major Rabbis like Rashi said, and this has gotten people that listen to him to backslide by them thinking they can disagree with what they choose to.

This would all be irrelevant if he was making baalei teshuva, because any Rabbi will have someone's lack of desire to fulfill Torah blamed on them, but I have a problem that they're attacking what they perceive as problems in Judaism over the problems with Jews that have become completely secular. We have a hard enough time getting secular Jews to accept basic halacha, but getting them to agree with his new ideas, maybe they will, but it's not going to make them start keeping shabbat.

I greatly respect Machon Shiloh, and I hope that one day soon G-d willing when a Jewish state is founded, this great Rav will be a part of it, because he certainly knows how to run a Jewish state according to halacha.

Rav Kahane was more than that; he was a pillar for all of am Yisrael that everyone could unite behind. Rav Mizrachi has a message that every Jew can identify with, and has brought many enemies of their people to become loyal and holy, and that's what we need most.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:21:49 PM »
"but he did enter into disagreements with fundamental aspects of what major Rabbis like Rashi said, and this has gotten people that listen to him to backslide by them thinking they can disagree with what they choose to. "

What do you mean? I do not understand what you are referring to and saying here.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
 "Rav Mizrachi has a message that every Jew can identify with, and has brought many enemies of their people to become loyal and holy, and that's what we need most."

Yes and no. Their are things that he says that is problematic sometimes. He goes back and forth. The recent problem is that he said that its "Kefirrah" not to believe in Reincarnation. Ookay, I can live with this although it is very wrong as well.
 2) He said at one of his lectures that the 3 boys were kidnapped because they were Dati-Leumi and it was the Dati-Leumi that fought against the Yeshivot and that is why they were murdered.
 Again he goes back and forth, sometimes the very good and practical, but at times back to the irrationalist type which is very wrong and problematic in many ways. Rav Kahane ZTL HYD was RATIONALIST and not the types that claim they are rational but then act irrational because of an underlying FEAR of the gentiles. Rational in the sense of practical ACTION.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
Again let me make this clear, the recent very right-wing words of Rabbi Mizrachi and others are very encouraging. I don't want people to get the wrong impression.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 06:29:20 AM »
"but he did enter into disagreements with fundamental aspects of what major Rabbis like Rashi said, and this has gotten people that listen to him to backslide by them thinking they can disagree with what they choose to. "

What do you mean? I do not understand what you are referring to and saying here.

Him disagreeing with Rashi's explanation of Hannukah was blamed for some problems. His attacking some mainstream kabalistic tefillot also was blamed for problems for davening with.

"Rav Mizrachi has a message that every Jew can identify with, and has brought many enemies of their people to become loyal and holy, and that's what we need most."

Yes and no. Their are things that he says that is problematic sometimes. He goes back and forth. The recent problem is that he said that its "Kefirrah" not to believe in Reincarnation. Ookay, I can live with this although it is very wrong as well.
 2) He said at one of his lectures that the 3 boys were kidnapped because they were Dati-Leumi and it was the Dati-Leumi that fought against the Yeshivot and that is why they were murdered.
 Again he goes back and forth, sometimes the very good and practical, but at times back to the irrationalist type which is very wrong and problematic in many ways. Rav Kahane ZTL HYD was RATIONALIST and not the types that claim they are rational but then act irrational because of an underlying FEAR of the gentiles. Rational in the sense of practical ACTION.

He says that based on the assumption that you will say there is no justice in this world. I also have yet to find another explanation. If you know of one, then it may make sense.

You're going to have to source where he blamed the murder of the Jewish boys, who he calls saints, on them being Dati Leumi.

I have also never seen him act out of fear out of anyone. Kaballah is also, like any Jewish text, able to be rationalized, but it requires an exceptional mind.

As for action, he says the same thing as we do, but more. He says cut off the electricity, stop giving the terrorists things, and to kill them, because they're murderers, which is the halacha. He said he vehemently opposes giving land, and all the actions he proposes are in line with Torah, he just doesn't say we should take Jews out of the Yeshivot, which I am against anyways, but did say the haredi who aren't in Yeshivot should go to the army so "they can make them into people", so I have no idea what action he proposes that you're against, nor what action he hasn't proposed that you would like him to. If he was running Israel, it would be the same as if JTF was.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »
You're going to have to source where he blamed the murder of the Jewish boys, who he calls saints, on them being Dati Leumi.

http://youtu.be/DaPD1_5iNc8?t=17m10s

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
About suffering and "reincarnation", just because it might try to explain things its still doesn't mean it is true. In the Gemarah (Berachot) it says that Moshe himself didn't understand why the righteous suffer and the wicked are punished.Moshe didn't understand it so now "kabbalists" do? Not only Moshe but the Hachamim of the Gemarah either said the same thing as well.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
"Him disagreeing with Rashi's explanation of Hannukah was blamed for some problems. His attacking some mainstream kabalistic tefillot also was blamed for problems for davening with."

1) its fine to disagree with Rashi or others. In fact Rashi and Rambam and Ramban disagree with each other as well. Why would it be a problem to disagree with something Rashi or anyone else said?

2) So? If their is a problem with some "Kabbalistic" Tefillot then their is a problem with them and its not a problem to point them out. Anyway perhaps you can (or not) point out exactly what the issue was otherwise well be arguing for nothing and not knowing the specifics.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »
Again back to earlier- I am willing to bury it, the recent words are good as a whole and I hope it continues in this direction not just with this Rabbi but with the nation as a whole. People are moving to the Right and its a very good and necessary phenomena for total victory against our enemies. Lets just leave it at that.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
Yeah you're not going to cry like the others and say whimpering things if there's confrontation, so we can talk.

The issue is not whether one person is good or not, or better, or if the things they say are right or not. I listened to those lectures by the Rav, and I respectfully disagree as far as Kaballah, but Hannukah I think he's right. The point is that there's only so many things you can focus on in your life, and if you're going to be the new Rav Kahane, there's only so many attacks from different directions that you can take.

What I'm saying is that despite how well the Rav is pushing to have a real authentic Judaism that religious people can return to, I stand by the position that the most important thing in our generation is saving the hordes of secular Jews, and Rabbi Mizrachi is doing that along with very strong positions.

It's not just recently. He did say things before in Satmar shuls (and at least a few that I've heard have left Satmar since) that were not extremely Zionist, but someone that however he does it can make a Satmar a loyal religious Zionist, along with secular leftists is not only important for am Yisrael, he's a hero, and unlike the Rav, as fantastic, brilliant, and politically sane as he is, he can get massive segments of am Yisrael to unite behind him.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 10:01:25 PM »
I do not believe in 'rational Judaism' at all. I never heard of such a thing before and to me it is a 'made-up' belief. While some consider Rambam to be a rational judaism, it is just the same as most Judaism in that it lays down Halacha which is easy to understand. But I do not agree with the idea that Judaism is something which can be 'rationalized' or can be separated from it's spiritual roots. A Judaism without spirituality is doomed to destruction and I believe that the spiritual aspects of Judaism is what makes it great. It is a great injustice to suggest that Judaism is just a bunch of halachas and you keep the halachas and you are a good guy. Judaism is much, much deeper than that.

There is nothing rational about belief in Hashem. Something rational is capable of being explained in a scientific manner. There are so many examples in Judaism where things don't always work in a rational manner (for example the Para Aduma, Niddah, Tammie, Kashrut, Shabbat, just to name a few). There is no reason a person should be considered impure from contact with a dead body. There is no scientific evidence that a person who has contacted a dead body is any different than one who has not, yet the Torah creates a distinction.... Is this rational?

I believe that the secrets of life have been discussed by the sages of Judaism for many years. By studying the Kabbalah and the other mystical writings of the Jewish sages we can get a better understanding of the spiritual world. I don't really understand why anyone would reject these beautiful teachings as they are intended for the betterment of the Jewish people and the world.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:33 PM »
I may be mistaken and please correctly if I am wrong. Maybe I got the wrong impression about "rational Judaism", but do they have a problem with the Talmud?
They call themselves Rambamist or Dor Daim? Also, are they completely against the Midrash, anti-Zohar? I heard someone who calls himself a Rambamist was trying ti justify using electricity on Shabbos.

Now, maybe this is just a misunderstanding based on hysteria to make it sound scary and have people shun it. Essentially, what exactly is Rational Judaism? Maybe I should start a new topic?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 04:47:29 AM »
Him disagreeing with Rashi's explanation of Hannukah was blamed for some problems. His attacking some mainstream kabalistic tefillot also was blamed for problems for davening with.

Huh?  blamed by whom for what problems?  Give evidence to what you are saying and explain it or drop these vague insinuations.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 05:14:07 AM »
Huh?  blamed by whom for what problems?  Give evidence to what you are saying and explain it or drop these vague insinuations.

Facebook athiests claim to hold by him and eventually dropped shabbat, and were fighting with this Dana Cohen figure against Rabbi Mizrachi, and I took them out. I don't believe a word of what they say, because I enjoy the Rav's lectures and it didn't make me apikoris. However, the Rav's claim that it is "absurd" to say that Torah study protects us (which is an idea in Gemarra) and that it's only the effects of Torah study which protect us (something that is also true to an extent, in my opinion) turned some of these people against mainstream religious Jews, and especially ultra-Orthodox, and so weaker people blamed the Rav's teaching for moving away from Torah and Am Yisrael.

Such allegations are nonsense and complete excuses, but regardless, the Rav as great as he is, is not making hordes of baalei teshuva or bringing Am Yisrael together, and as such is not Kahanesque in his tactics.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »
Facebook athiests claim to hold by him and eventually dropped shabbat, and were fighting with this Dana Cohen figure against Rabbi Mizrachi, and I took them out. I don't believe a word of what they say, because I enjoy the Rav's lectures and it didn't make me apikoris. However, the Rav's claim that it is "absurd" to say that Torah study protects us (which is an idea in Gemarra) and that it's only the effects of Torah study which protect us (something that is also true to an extent, in my opinion) turned some of these people against mainstream religious Jews, and especially ultra-Orthodox, and so weaker people blamed the Rav's teaching for moving away from Torah and Am Yisrael.

Who in particular? Who was keeping Shabbat but because of listening to Rav Bar-Hayim's lectures STOPED keeping Shabbat as a result? Name me 1 person in particular who said this.

And Dana Cohen for all I know keeps Shabbat as well. Just because she says things against Rabbi Mizrachi AND listens to Rav Bar-Hayim's lectures doesn't mean their is a necessary correlation. Also its mainly Zevi Chaim who posts discusses RBH lectures and not her, not that it would matter either way.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »
"However, the Rav's claim that it is "absurd" to say that Torah study protects us (which is an idea in Gemarra) and that it's only the effects of Torah study which protect us (something that is also true to an extent, in my opinion) turned some of these people against mainstream religious Jews, and especially ultra-Orthodox"

It is absurd actually. This is what Rav Kahane ZTL has been saying for years. What is specifically fought against is some (or many don't know) in the Haredi community claiming that its Torah study and prayer that is needed and ONLY this in order to defeat our enemies. Its very passive and against the Torah itself. Someone pointing this out doesn't make them a "hater of the Torah". It makes them a lover of Am Yisrael that can (G-D forbid) be slaughtered because of these types of stupidities.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
You think that statements like these are not MORE damaging to Am Yisrael, to reality AND to how the Torah is perceived for what it is not over the fact that someone who is Torah observant points out that this is wrong?

Shas Leader Rabbi Shalom Cohen: Israel Doesn’t Need Army Since Ultra-Orthodox Prayers Protect It

http://www.totpi.com/shas-leader-rabbi-shalom-cohen-israel-doesnt-need-army-since-ultra-orthodox-prayers-protect.html

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 11:48:53 AM »
Or this. Notice the entire speech, nothing about actually fighting but only prayer.