Author Topic: UKRAINE UNDRSTANDS ISRAEL  (Read 786 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
UKRAINE UNDRSTANDS ISRAEL
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/07/28/ukrainians-get-the-gaza-connection-why-doesnt-the-west/ 

Commentary Magazine
Contentions
Ukrainians Get the Gaza Connection; Why Doesn’t the West?
Evelyn Gordon | @EvelynCGordon 07.28.2014 - 9:25 AM

Much of the world appears to view the current fighting in eastern Ukraine as totally unconnected to the fighting in Gaza. And since the Ukrainian government is desperately seeking support from both Europe and the Obama administration, neither of which is enamored of Israel’s Gaza operation, one could have forgiven Ukrainian officials for seeking to nurture this illusion. Instead, they have repeatedly gone out of their way to dispel it.

Three weeks ago, Andriy Parubiy, the head of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, compared eastern Ukraine’s situation to what Israel faces and warned that terrorists would likely adopt similar tactics in other countries if the West didn’t take a firm stance against them.

“We, of course, studied the experience of both Croatia and Israel, but here a lot of new features are added,” Parubiy said. “And, if Russia sees that this experience is successful, this experience can very easily be used in any Baltic countries, and even in Belarus and Kazakhstan.”

Yesterday, Ukrainian Ambassador to Israel Henadii Nadolenko made both the comparison and the warning even more explicit in an op-ed in Haaretz. Unambiguously titled “Ukraine and Israel: Together in fighting terrorism,” it declared, “We, the representatives of Ukraine, have, together with the people of the State of Israel, personally felt the totality of the threat posed to civilians by the criminal activities of the terrorists.”

After enumerating the losses both countries have suffered, Nadolenko continued, “I am convinced that the huge loss of civilian and military life might have been avoided had the activities of terrorist organizations had been condemned by the international community.” Then, citing the recent downing of a civilian airliner over eastern Ukraine, he drove the point home:

I would like to emphasize once again that the crime, which killed 298 innocent civilians from around the world, is another confirmation of the fact that today’s terrorism is not constrained by borders…

In this regard, once again I would like to appeal to the thinking and caring people of the world to demonstrate their support for these peoples, who came upon a fight with an evil that threatens the security of everyone, regardless of nationality or place of residence.

I believe that the countries that are faced with terrorism and who try to fight this evil should support each other, and should join their efforts in order to draw the world’s attention to our cause. We must begin to receive real help and support from international organizations in order to combat this threat.

Clearly, Nadolenko understands what too many European and American officials seem to have missed: The West’s fine shades of distinction–under which some terrorist groups, like al-Qaeda, are utterly shunned; others, like Hamas, are denounced but deemed to have “legitimate grievances that must be addressed”; while still others are positively feted, like Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah, whose Gaza branch boasts of its contribution to the rocket fire at Israel–are meaningless. All terrorists are equally enemies of the civilized world, and all of them learn from each other’s tactics. Thus if the West rewards a given tactic in one location, terrorists in other countries will soon replicate it.

For Hamas, launching rockets at Israel has so far paid handsome dividends: No less a personage than U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has pledged that if it ceases its fire, he will personally see to it that all its economic demands are met–including opening the border crossings, paying Hamas employees’ salaries, “ensuring the social and economic livelihood” of Gaza residents and providing “major humanitarian assistance”–while not insisting that it forfeit any of its military capabilities (all Kerry offered Israel was a vague promise to “address all security issues”).

Kerry clearly hasn’t grasped that if targeting Israeli civilians with rockets pays economic and diplomatic dividends for Hamas, this will encourage other terrorists worldwide to adopt similar tactics. Nadolenko and his fellow Ukrainians, in contrast, understand this very well. The question is whether anyone in the West is listening to them.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: UKRAINE UNDRSTANDS ISRAEL
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »
But their complicity at Babi Yar is not fully understood.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »
Babi Yar was 4 generations ago. Can we blame the descendents of the sins of their forefathers?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 01:28:20 AM »
Babi Yar was 4 generations ago. Can we blame the descendents of the sins of their forefathers?

If they continue the bad deeds of their forefathers. And from what I understand Jew hatred is still a major problem in some parts of Ukraine.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:34:21 AM »
There is much documentation on youtube of the continued Jew hatred in Ukraine... I suspect Jews are being used by both sides in this conflict, and we should not assume that either Putin or Ukraine gives a hoot about Jews and Israel.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:41:34 AM »
Ukraine is a better friend to Israel than America. That's how f'ed up the world is.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:47 AM »
Ukraine is a better friend to Israel than America. That's how f'ed up the world is.

I think it is premature at this time to make such a comment. What has Ukraine done for Israel so far? Nothing... Words?

The US is giving another $225M to Israel to beef up the Iron Dome system, and there is more money which goes to Israel every year. While money can't buy us love, it can buy some weapons and when Ukraine gives money and weapons to Israel, then maybe I will change my mind.

Offline RussianLeo777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 04:10:00 AM »

I was born and raised in Ukraine..believe me when I tell you, they are Nazi anti-Semites.  Don't trust anything these Ukrainian pigs tell you