Author Topic: An attempt to build the Mikdash today: glory or disaster?  (Read 390 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
An attempt to build the Mikdash today: glory or disaster?
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »
For decades the Orthodox have been using the verse "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" (Shir Hashirim 2) as an excuse not to precipitously attempt to rebuild the Temple.

As we know, Rambam states that it is an incumbent mitzva to build right now a Mikdash to Hashem, even without the Moshiach or Red Heifer.

But even R.Goren and R.Kahane couldn't pull it off, and everyone is too scared ie not prepared to be moser nefesh.

Now this "United Temple Mount Movement" are demanding a physical building attempt

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/6064#.U9lCYJscTn5

Is it just more brave talk, or do they mean it and will physically act upon it?

And would making a move on the Mosques be miraculously assisted by Hashem?

Or would it precipitate arrest, jail time, being shot, the massacre by Muslims of Jews in Israel & world wide and even a world war, as most Orthodox would say the verse warns?!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: An attempt to build the Mikdash today: glory or disaster?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
I posted about this yesterday. The Temple Institute is an organization (of which I am currently a member) which endeavours to increase awareness of the Temple Mount and has already begun building the vessels for the Third Temple. Earlier this year I reposted their yearly Temple Mount Awareness program.

They are an awesome organization which is doing spectacular work.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14