Author Topic: Tish B'Av and the Expulsion of Jews from Gush Katif  (Read 830 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Tish B'Av and the Expulsion of Jews from Gush Katif
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
The crooked Israeli government decided to evict the good Jews of Gush Katif from their homes during the time of Tish B'Av.... It started on August 13, 2005 and the gestapo started crushing skulls on the 15th of August (in 2005 Tish B'Av was on August 14th)...

This will go down in history as a great Shame on the heads of the Jewish people. Jews evicting Jews from their land...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gush_katif

http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/?year=2005&month=8&yt=G&v=1&nh=on&nx=on&mf=on&ss=on&i=off&lg=s&vis=on&c=off&geo=zip&zip=&b=18&m=50&.cgifields=nx&.cgifields=nh&.cgifields=mf&.cgifields=ss&.s=Create+Calendar
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Tish B'Av and the Expulsion of Jews from Gush Katif
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:40:49 PM »

Baruch Hashem my Chabad Rabbi is showing a video tonight on the tragedy of the Gush Katif expulsion and the errors of the Oslo catastrophe... I thank G-d that my Rabbi is rational, leans right-wing, and knows that the current Israeli leaders are pathetically unprepared to lead us.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
Another good documentary on the horrible expulsion of Jews from their homes.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »
Please verify is this is true. And if it is inaccurate, could someone fix Wikipedia?

A 2010 poll in Israel revealed the some 22% of Israelis fast on Tisha B'Av; another 52% honor the day by avoiding entertainment and not going out with friends.[26]

I find it strange that only 22% of Isrealis fast. it's a very low figure, even if the poll included non Jews. Also, it would mean that 48% of Israelis use netertainment on this day, which also would amount a great percentage of Jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisha_B%27Av#Contemporary_opinions

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
I searched for the site from which they take the numbers, and it seems to imply that 22% fast AND avoid entertainment, while 58% only avoid entertainment. That would mean that 74% at least avoid going out, but anyway it seems strange that only 22% fast.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:48 AM »
This is the documentary about the hitnatkut unsettled.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban