Author Topic: Critics blast Google's 'Bomb Gaza' app that scores simulated Israeli airstrikes  (Read 518 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Critics blast Google's 'Bomb Gaza' app that scores simulated Israeli airstrikes
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/08/04/critics-blast-google-bomb-gaza-app-that-scores-simulated-israeli-airstrikes/

Critics of Google are calling on the company to remove a “disgusting” game called “Bomb Gaza,” which calls for users to drop missiles from Israeli aircraft onto cartoonish Hamas militants while avoiding killing innocent civilians.

The app, which was uploaded to Google’s Play store last week and has been installed more than 1,000 times, tasks would-be users to “drop bombs and avoid killing civilians,” according to its description and a series of screenshots. Points are scored by annihilating black-clad terrorists while avoiding civilians and children dressed in white.

“This is disgusting,” one reviewer wrote. “ … Cannot believe Android let this game in the market, absolutely disgusted!”

"Disgrace to the developer and Google itself." - Mohammed Kobir

Other users blasted the game as “spineless, disgusting filth,” or merely as a vehicle to monetize the suffering of others.

“Please take this off the [P]lay store,” another user wrote. “It is offensive and I am really let down that Google actually allowed this. If this game isn't removed, I'm starting a Google boycott.”
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
  • «Львівські Євреї – 700 років наполегливої.»
I love how the game clearly includes “drop bombs and avoid killing civilians,” and that "Points are scored by annihilating black-clad terrorists while avoiding civilians and children dressed in white" and that's not good enough. Because surely someone's going to go get a bomber, fly to Gaza, and drop bombs over it because of this game.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Lol the mudrats threaten to boycott google all the time. I really hope they do. Anyways, the game isn't that serious, and where are the civilians that you're supposed to avoid anyways? We should call them "trainees", "interns".

Not that google gives two poops about Israel anyways. This probably was just extra incitement. Anyways they removed it http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/04/google-removes-bomb-gaza-game-from-play-store
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge