Author Topic: Hello again from simonpeter  (Read 43620 times)

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
  • Russian Orthodox Christian
Hello again from simonpeter
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
Hello again,

It's been a long time I guess since i've been here, your beliefs have not changed, thank G-d, but mine have. I am a convert to Orthodox Christianity now, and while I have always had a love for Serbia for example, I have a genuine and heartfelt love for the Jewish people and now, for Israel herself.

Not an intellectual or theoretical love in the abstract, but an actual love. You see, I have discovered my part-Jewish heritage also, and see the Jewish people as my forefathers gift to myself, spirit and blood, an extended Family set apart.

And that being said, because of the antisemitism of the ages in Exile, in Galut, I am also a 'Kahanist' if you will, at least in sympathies. Recent events in Gaza and the Middle East have made this even more pointed and emphatic to me. Something must be done.

Glory to Israel!
Russian Orthodox Christian, friend of the Jewish people.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
Re: Hello again from simonpeter
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:38 AM »
Well, this is 'simonpeter', and I'm taking a permanent hiatus from this forum. I wish all of you well. For the forum administration, please delete my account, thank you.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
Well, this is 'simonpeter', and I'm taking a permanent hiatus from this forum. I wish all of you well. For the forum administration, please delete my account, thank you.

I shouldn't, and usually don't, do anything in haste or anger, and I admit to being both hasty and angry with my deciding to leave this forum. I am not sure my absence would garner much attention, just as my coming here did not either, although my aim certainly isn't any grab for attention.

I admit to not being particularly active here; I either emphatically agree with many posts to the point I would have little to add, while when I disagree, it is on points I don't consider worth fighting about in the context of what this forum is all about.

So upon reflection, I am indeed leaving this forum, for my support is not necessary to you if G-d is with the cause, and areas where I am not in agreement will not sway anyone either.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 12:25:08 AM »
Changed me username to ''JudasMaccabeus'' to reflect my fondness for the great hero and holy fighter of ancient Israel.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:27:16 AM »
Changed me username to ''JudasMaccabeus'' to reflect my fondness for the great hero and holy fighter of ancient Israel.

How about remove the s from his name? He's called Judah Maccabee. In Hebrew it's Yehuda HaMakabi.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »

How about remove the s from his name? He's called Judah Maccabee. In Hebrew it's Yehuda HaMakabi.

I like it this way, I have my personal reasons. Anyways, he is one of the greats, the holy ones of Israel

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 08:21:08 PM »
It's offensive to Jews to spell it the way you do. Just like it's offensive to call Yochanan, one of the descendants of the Maccabees, "John Hyrcanus".