Author Topic: Ak 74 build configured for 5.56,.223 is it possible  (Read 11709 times)

Offline El_Impulsado

• New JTFer
Ak 74 build configured for 5.56,.223 is it possible
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
Ok so I wanna do the whole build your own gun thing. I can get access to a shop so I can stamp out a receiver and I know where to buy the kit, with some American parts so it will be legal. My main question is is there a way to configure it to 5.56 or .223, I figure I really don't need that much power and that's what most of America chambers anyways, so it would probably be less of a pain n the ass to find it.

You might be asking why I would want an A.k. over an A.r., the answer is simple less maintenance more reliability and most important why the hell not. :dance:
When your going through hell just keep going you"ll make it out eventually.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Re: Ak 74 build configured for 5.56,.223 is it possible
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 03:41:37 AM »
Ok so I wanna do the whole build your own gun thing. I can get access to a shop so I can stamp out a receiver and I know where to buy the kit, with some American parts so it will be legal. My main question is is there a way to configure it to 5.56 or .223, I figure I really don't need that much power and that's what most of America chambers anyways, so it would probably be less of a pain n the ass to find it.

You might be asking why I would want an A.k. over an A.r., the answer is simple less maintenance more reliability and most important why the hell not. :dance:

Huh?? That is what most of America chambers???      Are you referring to that is the caliber our military is issued?  Most of America chambers various rounds for various applications.

Why do you want to build your own gun?  It's fun and the kits are easily accessible, but there are also many built rifles out there.  If you are going with an AK, why not just get a 7.62 x 39 round?  If I am going with a 5.56 rifle, I would stick with an AR platform and look for a 1:7 twist barrel so I can stabilize heavier grain bullets.

Both my AR-15s have 1:7 twist barrels and the defense rounds I load my rifles with almost achieve light 6.8SPC type of ballistics.  Considering, how expensive and hard to find 6.8SPC ammo is, that is actually quite spectacular ballistics for ammo that is not expensive and also has less recoil than traditional 6.8 SPC rounds.

Also, you best be careful having a receiver that does not have a serial number..  If you ever decide to sell, trade or give that gun away you would be faced with a Class A Felony.  Also, if you end up using that gun in self-defense there could always be the unfortunate drama that would arise and you risking a felony charge by a judge who doesn't know the laws regarding non-serialized firearms.  I've heard stories of some Law Enforcement agencies even charging people with crimes of removing serial numbers on home made receivers.     Basically, you would be safer registering any receiver you make with the ATF and putting a serial number on it.

Have you considered just buying a lower receiver and saving yourself the hassle?  You can even buy receivers legally in private sales in most states under the government radar.

To answer your original question:
If you want to build an AK-74 then you must be aware that the guns are chambered in 5.45 x 39.  Considering Obama just launched an Executive Order to ban all Russian firearms and ammo that means this ammo now will be harder to get than ever, as this caliber was primarily manufactured by the Russian government and affiliate companies.     So, in other words, unless you are a very saavy gunsmith who can modify the design of an AK-74 and invent your own rifle, you will not be able to build a 5.56 AK-74.  This is the worst time ever to be an AK-74 owner and these guns are going to become obsolete as the 5.45 ammo supply dries up.

Of course, there are AK-47 platforms out there chambered in 5.56.  The Arsenal SLR-106 is an example of one.   They may have parts kits available as well, but the receiver would have to be properly built to accept the appropriate type of magazines.  Ak-74 magazines would not be compatible with AR-15 or the 5.56 type of mags you would use in the SLR-106.

If you really desire an 5.56 AK-47, you can consider this
https://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR-106-Series-5.56x45-Caliber-Bulgarian-Stamped-Receiver-Rifles

At almost $1100 I think you would be throwing your money down the drain..  For that money you would be better off with a Colt 6920 which is a much superior rifle in every way IMO. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:53:13 AM by EveryJewA44 »
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline El_Impulsado

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:00:45 AM »
I live in a state that doesn't think it's citizens are mature enough to make their own decisions, so they keep outlawing and banning stuff.
Somebody here saw a mayor get shot and now she thinks she has the right to arm herself and that everyone else is retarded, and I don't blame her because she keeps getting elected again and again, so it's pretty clear that allot of people here actually are retarded.

I read somewhere that it's legal to build your own as long as it has that retarded non detachable clip, but I did look into A.r.s as well and well I can get an A.R. lower for 160.00 so that might just be what I need to do.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »
I live in a state that doesn't think it's citizens are mature enough to make their own decisions, so they keep outlawing and banning stuff.
Somebody here saw a mayor get shot and now she thinks she has the right to arm herself and that everyone else is retarded, and I don't blame her because she keeps getting elected again and again, so it's pretty clear that allot of people here actually are retarded.

I read somewhere that it's legal to build your own as long as it has that retarded non detachable clip, but I did look into A.r.s as well and well I can get an A.R. lower for 160.00 so that might just be what I need to do.

Oh crap, bro, you live in California!!! Don't even thinking about manufacturing your own AK -47 if you live in that state!!  Even building your own AK from existing components is a risky venture.  There are some many rules and restrictions its monotonous.  Any military style rifle, whether it be AK-47 and AR-15 has to be approved by California DOJ and requires all types of add-ons such as sporting stock and bullet button on the receiver.   These are not always the easiest components to install.  Then you will have to have the gun approved by California's own type of government which supersedes the American government and overrides our Constitution, since like New York, California is a police state that is really no longer part of the USA.

Yeah, I know who you are talking about, the mean old witch Diane Feinstein.  It would terrify me to have her as my state senator.  She is one of the reasons I would never live in the state of California.

Brother, come up north, we will welcome you with open arms..  In the state I live, Washington, as well as in Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana (The Pacific Northwest), you can own pretty much any type of gun you want and even very easily get a conceal carry permit so that you can conceal or open carry your firearm anywhere you wish (excluding Federal Buildings, of course).

Why Jewish people (or Righteous Gentiles) live in California, New York, New Jersey, etc is beyond me.. I guess love of community or their jobs are more important than freedom and security.

To re-iterate about ARs:
Yeah, building your own AR is actually not very hard if you are using a parts kit.  I, myself, have no desire to build one from the ground up, although building an AR with a lower parts kit is not so hard.. THe upper can be a challenge and requires a bit of gunsmithing skills and equipment.   I would say a majority of gun owners who build their own parts kits buy a complete upper and then put together a lower parts kit or buy a pre-packaged lower parts kit and a receiver..   They do sell complete lowers and complete uppers too.  A complete lower, like a receiver will require an FFL interaction.    Perhaps, you can buy California DOJ approved AR components, but just realize California is very restrictive and building a kit may pose some legal challenges in that state.   Avoid installing a pistol grip on your gun, because I believe those are completely forbidden in California on rifles and you can get in serious trouble if you buy a lower parts kit online and install it on your AR receiver.

Forget about constructing your own receiver if you live in California!! That is insane and you are just begging to be put in Pelican Bay Penitentiary! Definitely you will need one with a serial number already on it. 

Offline El_Impulsado

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 06:40:51 AM »
yup just gotta finish school, But I have been thinking the southwest lately Arizona or New Mexico. Decent cost of living and a state Government that minds it's own business. less landscaping and same amount of Mexican food So I think one of those two states would be dynamite.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:14 AM »
yup just gotta finish school, But I have been thinking the southwest lately Arizona or New Mexico. Decent cost of living and a state Government that minds it's own business. less landscaping and same amount of Mexican food So I think one of those two states would be dynamite.

Yeah, Arizona and New Mexico are good choices, indeed.  Arizona being the better of the two , freedom wise.  Kommiefornia is no place for a freedom loving individual.   Especially a guy who wants to start building his own ARs or AKs.

Offline El_Impulsado

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
everything in its right time.
What I'm really interested in finding out is, is it possible to harvest electricity from the r.p.m. of a turbo charger in a car.
I know they do it with those wind turbines"which only turn at about 8000 rpm tops" the fan turns and turns a big crank slow and that turns a small crank fast to power a generator.

What I wanna know is is their a way to have a turbo charger in a car also turn cranks to power the alternator or the engine. I really wanna screw o.p.e.c. over