Author Topic: Very intersting about Italian man who found out he was of Jewish ancestry  (Read 1552 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.timesofisrael.com/italian-who-beheaded-maid-wanted-to-fight-hamas-friend-says/ 

Italian who beheaded maid wanted to fight Hamas, friend says
Federico Leonelli wanted to ‘sign up at any cost,’ but reportedly had twice been denied visa to Israel
By Times of Israel staff August 27, 2014, 1:28 pm 1

Email
    Print

Rome, Italy (photo credit: Moyan Brenn/Flickr/CCBY)
Rome, Italy (photo credit: Moyan Brenn/Flickr/CCBY)
Newsroom

Related Topics

Rome
    Italy
    Hamas

More on this story

A man accused of beheading a woman in Rome before being killed by police earlier this week had wanted to come to Israel to fight Hamas, according to reports in the Italian press.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories   Free Sign up!

Federico Leonelli, 35, was staying at a friend’s home in the Italian capital when he killed Oksana Martseniuk, the friend’s maid, on Sunday.

Leonelli had recently discovered that he had Jewish heritage and immersed himself in religious text and the “military world,” Giovanni Ciallella, who was allowing Leonelli to stay in his guesthouse, told Italian news source La Repubblica.

Ciallella said that Leonelli twice attempted to obtain a visa to Israel and join the fight against Hamas, but had been denied. He had come to Rome to speak with the Israeli consulate and “sign up at any cost.”

“He told me that he had met a rabbi in Rome and was ready to join the Israeli army against Hamas and terrorists armed with missiles,” Ciallella said, according to a translation by TheLocal.it.

“At night he watched films by rabbis at full volume which informed him of what was happening in the Gaza strip,” Ciallella said, adding that Leonelli had never left the house during the two months he’d stayed there and had begun acting strangely.

“One day I saw him training in the garden and doing strange somersaults…he had a knife in his hand. When he saw that I was watching him, he hid himself as if he was a thief,” Ciallella said.

Leonelli was killed by police after reportedly threatening them with a meat cleaver while trying to leave the scene.

While earlier reports had indicated that Leonelli murdered Martseniuk because she rejected his romantic advances, Ciallella said it was not the case, but that she texted him that she was afraid of Leonelli the night she was killed.

He didn’t see the message until the next day and did not believe initial reports that it was her because police had told him that that the victim had black hair.

“The police called me and told me that the victim had black hair,” he said. “I thought that it could be his sister, seeing that he had a grudge against her. But it was Oksana. She was blonde, the poor woman, but her hair was soaked in blood.”

Read more: Italian who beheaded maid wanted to fight Hamas, friend says | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/italian-who-beheaded-maid-wanted-to-fight-hamas-friend-says/#ixzz3BcFwI5X1
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
In Italian for those who can read Italian i'm pretty sure nobody can.Vito who used to post here was able to read Italian and understand Italian amongst many other languages        http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2014/08/26/news/solo_sempre_chiuso_in_casa_ossessionato_da_coltelli_e_torah_ho_avuto_paura_per_i_miei_figli-94442408/ 

Parla il padrone della villa: "Era ossessionato dai coltelli, voleva arruolarsi in Israele, ho avuto paura per i miei figli"

Intervista con Giovanni Ciallella, che ha avuto in casa Federico Leonelli: "Nel periodo in cui è stato mio ospite, a partire dal 26 giugno, non è mai uscito da casa. Passava 23 ore su 24 chiuso nella sua stanza, una dependance nel seminterrato accanto alla lavanderia"
di LORENZO D'ALBERGO
Invia per email
Stampa
26 agosto 2014

LinkedIn

Pinterest

Parla il padrone della villa: "Era ossessionato dai coltelli, voleva arruolarsi in Israele, ho avuto paura per i miei figli"
"Voleva andare in Israele e fare la guerra ai palestinesi". Nel racconto di Giovanni Ciallella, il proprietario della villa dell'Eur che da fine giugno ospitava Federico Leonelli, si legge il profilo di un uomo disturbato, un ragazzo fortemente provato dalla perdita della fidanzata e con una serie di inclinazioni quantomeno bizzarre. "Un giorno l'ho visto allenarsi in giardino - ricorda Ciallella - e faceva delle strane piroette, una sorta di ginnastica acrobatica. Si issava sulle braccia e poi ricadeva sui piedi. E in mano aveva un coltello. Quando ha capito che lo stavo osservando, si è nascosto come se fosse un ladro. E poi c'era quella strana deriva religiosa...".

Cosa intende?
"Nel periodo in cui è stato mio ospite, a partire dal 26 giugno, non è mai uscito da casa. Passava 23 ore su 24 chiuso nella sua stanza, una dependance nel seminterrato accanto alla lavanderia".

In quelle giornate passate in solitaria cosa faceva?
"Si dedicava alla religione. Dieci anni fa, quando l'ho conosciuto a lavoro, non credeva in niente. Era totalmente ateo. Ma negli ultimi mesi diceva di aver scoperto presunte origini ebraiche. Aveva iniziato a studiare la Torah, il Talmud e una volta si è fermato anche a parlare del vecchio testamento con me. Poi tornava a navigare su internet e a vedere decine su decine di filmati. Di notte guardava i video dei rabbini a tutto volume e si informava su quanto sta accadendo nella striscia di Gaza".

Che idea si è fatto?
"Nessuna idea, le spiego quello che diceva lui. Mi raccontava di aver incontrato il rabbino di Roma e di essere pronto a unirsi all'esercito israeliano contro Hamas e i terroristi armati di missili. Dalle parole era passato ai fatti, ma due volte gli era stato negato il visto. Mi ha mostrato il passaporto con i bolli di diniego. Era andato anche a parlare con il consolato israeliano. Voleva arruolarsi a tutti i costi".

E Federico era sempre stato così?
"No, dopo la morte della ragazza ha avuto un tracollo enorme. Prima ha abbandonato la sua casa in Portogallo, a Madeira, ed è tornato a Roma dalla madre che nel frattempo aveva avuto un ictus e stava affrontando un lungo coma. Poi mi ha raccontato che la sua famiglia lo aveva praticamente ripudiato. Ha detto che la sorella si era impossessata della casa di via Pigafetta, che lui era stato costretto a trasferirsi prima dal padre e poi ad affittare una stanza in un appartamento di studenti a piazza Bologna. Poi il padre si sarebbe rifiutato di continuare a versargli soldi nel conto corrente".

A quel punto ha deciso di chiedere il suo aiuto.
"Sì. Lo conoscevo da 10 anni, da quando avevamo lavorato insieme su un progetto internet. Dopodiché l'ho perso di vista. Poi è ricomparso con tutta questa storia e mi ha chiesto di ospitarlo. Ha detto che sarebbe stata una cosa temporanea. Al massimo fino all'inizio di settembre. Poi si sarebbe trasferito".

Le pagava un affitto?
"No, l'unico lavoretto che ha fatto in quasi due mesi è stato tagliarmi il prato. Lo ha fatto a Ferragosto. Poi si è richiuso di nuovo in stanza, in quei 30 metri quadrati, circondato dai suoi energy drink. Un appartamento completamente indipendente dal resto della casa. Gli avevo proposto anche di andare in un'altra mia casa, in campagna vicino a Frosinone. Oksana, invece, aveva una camera in casa e stava con noi da novembre".

Si conoscevano? Forse Federico provava qualcosa per la vostra colf.
"No, lui non entrava quasi mai in casa. E se penso che le poche volte che lo ha fatto c'erano anche i miei figli, rabbrividisco. Ma la pista passionale è esclusa. Lui era preso da Israele, dai torti che diceva di aver subito da parte della famiglia, dal padre che lo aveva ridotto in miseria. Lei deve aver visto qualcosa di strano, forse il suo modo di vestire, i suoi anfibi. Oppure potrebbe averlo visto allenarsi. Lui era fissato con tutto quello che riguardava il mondo militare, forse per via del padre. A quel punto lui avrebbe reagito in quel modo".

Oksana le aveva mai detto niente a proposito di Federico?
"Mi ha scritto un sms sabato sera alle 21.30: "Ho paura di Federico". Ma io l'ho letto solo la mattina dopo. Qualche ora dopo sono iniziate le chiamate degli amici. Pensavo a uno scherzo. Poi ho letto su internet, un mio conoscente mi ha assicurato che si trattava di casa mia e ho avuto uno shock. La polizia mi ha chiamato e detto che la vittima aveva i capelli neri. Ho pensato che si trattasse della sorella, visto il rancore che provava nei suoi confronti. Ma si trattava di Oksana. Era bionda, poverina, ma i suoi capelli erano intrisi di sangue".

La sua villa ora è sotto sequestro. Lei è riuscito a tornare in casa? Cosa ha visto?
"Non potrò rientrare prima di
una settimana, dieci giorni. Sono andato solo nella mia stanza per prendere dei vestiti accompagnato da un poliziotto. Non c'era nessun tipo di traccia in casa. Deve essere successo tutto fuori, perché ho visto il sangue sugli scalini in giardino. Dentro niente. Non è entrato".
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
What is interesting about the article?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Sounds like he had some mental issues.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Sounds like reverse propaganda. Saying that Jews are joining the Jewish jihad in Israel and beheading maids... Sounds pretty far-fetched as a conspiracy (like a rabbi is recruiting IDF fighters in Italy)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Sounds like reverse propaganda. Saying that Jews are joining the Jewish jihad in Israel and beheading maids... Sounds pretty far-fetched as a conspiracy (like a rabbi is recruiting IDF fighters in Italy)...

Exactly, but as Rabbi Kahane said, don't publicize their nonsense.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
It's not propaganda he discovered hs Jewish ancestry 

Federico Leonelli, 35, was staying at a friend’s home in the Italian capital when he killed Oksana Martseniuk, the friend’s maid, on Sunday.

Leonelli had recently discovered that he had Jewish heritage and immersed himself in religious text and the “military world,” Giovanni Ciallella, who was allowing Leonelli to stay in his guesthouse, told Italian news source La Repubblica.

Ciallella said that Leonelli twice attempted to obtain a visa to Israel and join the fight against Hamas, but had been denied. He had come to Rome to speak with the Israeli consulate and “sign up at any cost.”

“He told me that he had met a rabbi in Rome and was ready to join the Israeli army against Hamas and terrorists armed with missiles,” Ciallella said, according to a translation by TheLocal.it.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
It's not propaganda he discovered hs Jewish ancestry

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, the reason for publishing it is to counter the constant news stories of muslims joining the jihad in Syria. What better than to find a mentally unbalanced person who discovered he was Jewish and pledged to wage war against the arabs ultimately beheading a maid? The story smacks of moral equivalence.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
 >:(

Haha for some reason I couldn't help but laugh at this post because of how insane it sounds.  I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't even exist.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
  • «Львівські Євреї – 700 років наполегливої.»
"Oksana Martseniuk"- Ukrainian name. Many Ukrainians live in Italy as immigrants, mostly Greek Catholics from Halychyna. The maid herself may have been an immigrant. Anyway, this man was clearly disturbed and something tells me that humanity will somehow manage to cope with his loss. Also, this is pretty much every ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, Muslim Iranian, Saudi, Syrian Government, Syrian Rebel, Pakistani, Bosniak, Turkish, Muslim Chechen, Muslim Kurdish, Muslim Albanian, Muslim Bengali, PLO, and Egyptian Army soldier in a nutshell.