Author Topic: I hope there is torah education on the 10 commandments and 613 mitzvot in Israel  (Read 398 times)

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
Every Jew should have the chance to study the mitzvot and learn the commandments so as to escape the judgement of kares.

I hope their souls are saved from kares. It is a really harsh punishment that is inflicted on the Jew who does not keep the commandments and as far as I can see, it doesn't make a difference the circumstances, how they were raised etc...

Teshuva is difficult or near impossible if one has never learned these teachings in their youth because it is not like 'returning' if you have never been taught them. There really must be these teachings in Israel for there to be a future.

I actually believe in and affirm the absolute truth of the commandments but when I think of all of the sins of my youth I wonder if i can repent. I tried. I went to shul and yeshiva but I felt a bit like a foreigner trying to fit in with people who have done these things their entire life.

The thought of the emptiness of foreign culture and searching for identity through consumerism or through any other medium other than the mitzvot is frightening.

The Jewish tradition, the mitzvot are beautiful and perfect but the punishment for not keeping it is really harsh.

There are some sins you can't even repent for.

I am amazed when I read the mitzvot, how good and sensible a lot of them are and how mysterious but desirable others are.

Growing up Jewish in the wake of the holocaust without instruction in the mitzvot is a difficult situation bordering on absurd.

G-d have mercy and send us righteous instructors.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:12:32 AM by shai77 »

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
Also I think it could be good if eventually religious courts gain power in Israel. The rule of righteous torah scholars is benevolent if it follows Torah law. Lashes or fear of these punishments may sound extreme to people who don't know better but as far as I can tell it is in fact is merciful compared with punishments that can come about without law.