Author Topic: Is Mark Zuckerberg Causing Anti Semitism?  (Read 11320 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is Mark Zuckerberg Causing Anti Semitism?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
Do you see the antisemitism in the picture of Zuckerberg I posted?

The big nose, the octopus, these are standard nazi attacks on Jews.

Here are some cartoons from Der Sturmer, a Nazi publication from the 20s-30s.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »
You stop making stuff up. I never said I think everyone should smoke marijuana. What is wrong with you with all this slander?

You don't understand the difference between condemning Italian gangsters and hating all Italians? That is strange. Antisemitism means hating Jews (the Jewish people) not hating individual Jews. When an antisemite sees a Jew who he doesn't agree with on a topic and resorts to antisemitic cannards (big nose, rich, selfish, christ killer, global conspiracy, spawn of satan, etc.) then it is antisemitism.

Same thing with Zuckerberg, if someone doesn't like his opinion as a person then that is fine. If they call him a 'dirty Jew' and condemn the entire Jewish people he is an antisemitic piece of garbage.

Do you understand?

now you stop making stuff up. when did I call marc a dirty jew? when did I condemn the entire jewish people?  I am pointing out individual people. you are the one labeling them "jew".

anyway despite you're total lack of understanding. You're still a good person who just happens to be a jew.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »

now you stop making stuff up. when did I call marc a dirty jew? when did I condemn the entire jewish people?  I am pointing out individual people. you are the one labeling them "jew".

anyway despite you're total lack of understanding. You're still a good person who just happens to be a jew.
ACK,

I am not accusing you of these things. I am trying to explain why antisemitism goes beyond just beyond condemning an individual Jew.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
ACK,

The topic of this thread concerns whether a single Jew makes people antisemitic... I argue NO it doesn't...

But some people think that because one Jew is bad, thus we all are... That is antisemitism.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »
By my logic it is correct, if you hate a Jewish person and then extrapolate that to hate all Jews, you are an antisemite... Simple logic..

no. if i happen to hate evil jew or evil blacks or evil chinese like mao, I'm not hating an entire race or people.

Lisa adds:

If you hate someone as an individual, then it follows that you hate them for the bad things they've done, whether they're Jewish, black, white or whatever.  Is that what you're trying to say?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:08:18 PM by Lisa »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »
Where do I get it from... Simple... I have studied and learned what antisemitism is...

If you would like I could point you in the direction to do some learning.

sure. why not.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:07:43 PM by Lisa »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »
Do you see the antisemitism in the picture of Zuckerberg I posted?

The big nose, the octopus, these are standard nazi attacks on Jews.

Here are some cartoons from Der Sturmer, a Nazi publication from the 20s-30s.

yeah. I saw them.
but you posted them. not me.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »
I am trying to give examples of what antisemitism is, not accusing you of having it.

They hated us, the good, the bad, and every Jew in between... Not for anything we did..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »
Some videos which deal with Christian anti-semitism to Nazi (& neo-nazi) antisemitism..

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/reason-for-anti-semitism.htm

Anti-Semitism is unique amongst the hatreds in the world in a combination of four aspects: 1) Longevity -- it's been around a long time 2) Universality -- virtually everywhere in the world 3) Intensity -- it's expressed in a particularly virulent manner 4) Confusion -- there is surprisingly little agreement on why people hate the Jews.

Historians offer many "reasons" to explain why people are anti-Semitic: Jews are too powerful or too lazy; too separate or a threat to "racial purity" through assimilation; pacifistic or warmongers; capitalist exploiters or revolutionary communists; the "killers" of Jesus or the progenitors of Jesus; possessors of a Chosen People mentality or an inferiority complex. These reasons have one thing in common -- they have nothing to do with our being Jewish. One might think that we are just the victims of bad luck -- always possessing the needed quality to be hated wherever we are in the world at exactly that time in history.

Do you know who disagrees with the historians? Anne Frank. Writes Anne Frank on April 11, 1944 in her diary: "Who knows -- it might even be our religion from which the world and all peoples learn good, and for that reason and that reason alone do we now suffer. We can never become just Netherlanders, or just English, or representatives of any other country for that matter. We will always remain Jews."

Anne Frank made a point of stressing that Jews have something of special value to give to the world, and that is precisely what the world has resented, and that is why people have persecuted Jews. Anne Frank identifies anti-Semitism as a hatred of Jewishness, a loathing altogether different from the bigotry or racism that other peoples experience.

The Talmud (Tractate Shabbos 69) cites the source of anti-Semitism using a play on words: The Torah - the source of the Jewish system of laws, values and moral standards - was received at Mount Sinai. The Hebrew pronunciation of "Sinai" is almost identical to the Hebrew word for "hatred" - sinah. "Why was the Torah given on a mountain called Sinai?" asks the Talmud. "Because the great sinah - the tremendous hatred aimed at the Jew - emanates from Sinai."

At Sinai Jews were told that there is one God, Who makes moral demands on all of humanity. Consequently, at Sinai the Jewish nation became the target for the hatred of those whose strongest drive is to liberate mankind from the shackles of conscience and morality.

At Sinai the Jewish nation was appointed to be "a light unto the nations." There are those who embrace Jews and the Jewish faith because of that light; but there are also those who want the world to be a place of spiritual darkness. They object to morality. Those would-be harbingers of darkness attack the Jews as the lightning rod for their hatred. This "call to Sinai" - the message entrusted to and borne by the Jews - ultimately transforms the world. Yet, it is this very message that draws forth the wrath of those who would give their last ounce of strength to resist it.

A great many people simply can't cope with the burden of being good. However, when they act in ways that are bad, they can't cope with the resultant feelings of guilt. Try as they may, they can never cut themselves loose from the standards of absolute morality dictated by the Torah. Stuck in this "Catch-22" situation, people turn with their mounting frustrations against the Jews, whom they perceive as personifying humanity's collective conscience.

When the Jews entered the theological arena, they showed people all the mistakes they had been making: Pagan gods are nonsense - there is only one God for all of mankind, Who is invisible, infinite and perfect. Infanticide and human sacrifice are unacceptable. Every human being is born with specific rights. No one can live as he pleases, for everyone must surrender his will to a higher Authority.

On a certain conscious level, people recognize the Jews' message as truth. Those unwilling to embrace the truth have found that the only way to rid themselves of it is to destroy the messengers - for the message itself is too potent to be dismissed.

That is what is so irksome about the Jews, and that is why, for some people, nothing less than total destruction of the Jews will do. If Judaism were just another ideology, people could laugh it off and continue on their merry way. But deep in his soul, every human being recognizes the essential truths of morality - people can't just laugh it off.

For the last 2,000 years the Jewish people have gone through enormous amounts of persecution, hatred - ultimately leading to genocide. And through it all, the Jewish people always held onto being Jewish. And the reason why is that they really understood that it was worth it. They understood what the meaning of being Jewish was, and they were willing to pay the price.

The pain that is part and parcel of being Jewish is obvious; if people cannot see any meaning to that pain, it is unlikely that they will be willing to stand by their Jewish identity. That is why we find such widespread assimilation today - Jews do not see why they should "lose out" on life and set themselves apart from their host societies.

If we can come to understand why Jews are so hated, we can understand who Jews are and, more important, who Jews can be. A powerful effort has been made to remove the Jewish element from anti-Semitism, and in doing so, to ignore the critical message anti-Semitism teaches about the uniqueness and preciousness of the Jew. This alone is a compelling reason for Jews to learn about anti-Semitism and what it means to be a Jew.

This article appeared in the Aish HaTorah Shabbat Shalom Fax written by Rabbi Kalman Packouz; it was based on the "Why the Jews?" seminar which is available online at http://www.aish.com/seminars/whythejews/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »
ACK,

... because one Jew is bad, thus we all are... That is antisemitism.

that would be correct. But I did not say that.

so what happened? am I still a hitler worshiper? can I put my hitler statue back up on my altar?

sometimes when I say "flattering" things about hitler its in the same way as when I say "flattering" things about obongo. (in other posts)
I'm not worshiping either.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 09:29:57 PM »
http://www.aish.com/sem/wtj/82878122.html

The Big Six
Examining more frequently offered reasons for anti-Semitism.

Maybe Jews are hated simply because they are different. Traditionally, Jews were characterized by different dress, different laws and sometimes, even a different language. Certainly this discrimination is what the Chinese experienced in early America, and what the Frenchman experienced in England. Sociologists refer to this phenomenon as "the dislike of the unlike."

This theory sounds like a sensible cause for anti-Semitism: Jews have been hated because they were different. Throughout history, Jews kept to themselves. Their ethical, cultural and social systems were different from those of their neighbors. Most pointedly, the Jews' fondest dream was always their return to Zion. They were law-abiding citizens who contributed to their host nations and even took to the battlefield to defend it, but their hearts always pointed in the direction of the Promised Land. It is undeniably true that throughout history, Jews were the ultimate "outsiders."

But what happens when Jews shed their cultural differences and become genuine "insiders"? If the Outsider Theory is correct, then the solution to anti-Semitism should be assimilation. Anti-Semitism should decrease in ratio to the Jews' ability to integrate into their host societies. Is this really what happens?

In the 18th century, the Enlightenment reached Europe, giving equal rights to all people, regardless of religion.

In December 1789, during a discussion in the French National Assembly in which French Jews were granted equal rights, Count Stanislas de Clermont-Tonnere declared: "To the Jews as individuals, everything. To the Jews as a nation, nothing."

The Jews of Europe jumped at the opportunity to attain equality, hoping at long last to rid themselves of the "dislike of the unlike" phenomenon. They shed their foreign dress, shaved off their beards, and attended universities and theaters. They adopted the language, culture and styles of their non-Jewish neighbors, and intermarried with them. They purged their prayers of any mention of the return to Zion. In short, they became more French than the French.

Napoleon was quick to capitalize on this development of Jews adapting to French culture. In 1807, he convened a kangaroo court to pressure the Jews to shed any lingering commitment to Jewish nationhood, forcing the Jews to declare their exclusive loyalty to France.

Jewish acceptance of this attitude widened. In Germany, Reform Jews declared, "Berlin is our Jerusalem; Germany is our Fatherland." Having endured centuries of hatred, the Jews of Europe anticipated a warm welcome from their gentile neighbors.

But they were sorely disappointed. The Dreyfuss affair, in which falsified charges of treason were brought against a Jewish French officer, was contrived to show that Jews could never be loyal citizens of their host countries.

Shortly thereafter, Hitler's rise to power once again pulled the rug out from under the Jews' sense of security in their assimilationist approach. Nazism sent a strong message to Jews: We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes.

So long as Jews remained outsiders, the Outsider Theory reflected some degree of logic. Once the Jews attempted to become insiders, the Outsider Theory was dashed to pieces ― because it never had been the real cause of the hatred.

The Racial Theory

This gave rise to a new excuse: the inferiority of the Jewish race. You can shed the external trappings of your life, shave your beard, get rid of your yarmulke, even change your religion. But you can never change your race.

The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew ― and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

There is no distinguishing racial physical feature common only to Jews. Even the idea of a "Jewish nose" is a myth. Anti-Semites don't hate only those Jews who have distinctively Jewish physical features; they hate all Jews. They hate Eastern European Jews; they hate Israeli, Russian and Yemenite Jews; they hate blond, blue-eyed Dutch Jews, as well as dark-skinned, Mediterranean Jews. Any Jew will do.

Anti-Semitism cannot be explained as racism for the very simple reason that Jews are a nation, not a race.

Unique Hatred

We have touched on the six most common explanations for the phenomenon of anti-Semitism. None of these standard reasons holds up as the core reason for anti-Semitism. Under scrutiny, they prove to be mere excuses. We must look afresh at this hatred to find a true root cause.

Of all discriminatory forms for hatred, anti-Semitism is unique in four ways:

1) Longevity ― anti-Semitism has been going on for an exceptionally long time. One of the most authoritative books on anti-Semitism is The Anguish of the Jews: A History of Anti-Semitism, authored by a Catholic priest Edward Flannery. He writes:

As a historian of anti-Semitism looks back over the millennia of horrors he has recorded, an inescapable conclusion emerges. Anti-Semitism is different because of its longevity and consistency.
2) Universality ― anti-Semitism is found worldwide. Throughout history, in every region where Jews have lived, they have been hated. No matter where they settle, no matter whom their host, anti-Semitism eventually rears its ugly head.

Between the years 250 C.E. and 1948 ― a period of 1,700 years ― Jews in Europe experienced an average of one expulsion every 21 years. Jews were expelled from England, France, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Moravia and 71 other countries.

3) Intensity ― hatred against the Jews is vented in a particularly virulent way. A group that is hated usually becomes the butt of ethnic jokes, and is subject to discrimination. Jews, on the other hand, are subject to attempts at genocide. The Chmelnicki pogroms, the Holocaust, and Iran's nuclear threats are attempts to exterminate a people that represent just a tiny minority of the world's population.

4) Confusion ― there is surprisingly little agreement on exactly what anti-Semites hate! When one group hates another, that hatred can be traced to a few simple, well-defined reasons. In Bosnia, people are persecuted over territory and religion; in Ireland, it's national independence and religion. Blacks are hated by some for racial reasons. But no one has yet offered a single, universally-accepted reason to explain why people hate the Jews.

If you will ask an anti-Semite to state his reasons, those reasons are often self-contradictory. Consider this paradox:

• Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race ― but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world.
• Jews are hated for stubbornly maintaining their separateness ― and, when they do assimilate ― for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages.

• Jews are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex.

Too Many Reasons Mean No Real Reason

The "Six Reasons" don't hold water ― they are excuses!

Hatred for Jews over the past 2,000 years has been continuous, universal and vicious, but the explanation for that hatred constantly changes. This fact alone alerts us to the need to look for what lies at the core of those explanations.

Picture yourself at a job interview. The interviewer tells you outright that you cannot be considered for the job because you lack computer skills. You enroll in a computer course, and in a month you have gained the necessary skills.

You return to the company, and the interviewer says he tells you he still cannot hire you, because you lack training in finance and management. You study diligently, and within a short time you have mastered the subject.

When you return to the company a third time, you are told that the real reason they cannot hire you is your hairstyle; you simply do not reflect the image the company wishes to represent to the public.

This fiasco sends you a very clear message: The reasons the company had been feeding you all along were nothing but excuses. The interviewer only used excuses to cover up some deeper reason for his refusal to hire you.

This situation is much like the common explanations for anti-Semitism: Even when the reasons are no longer applicable, the anti-Semitism remains.

This does not mean we should totally discount these reasons. Even though they may be excuses and not the source of the hatred, they do influence the masses to hate Jews. They may exacerbate the hatred, but they certainly don't explain it.

The problem is that each of the explanations focuses on issues external to the Jew. They have nothing to do with the essence of the Jew.

What then is The Reason?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 09:30:29 PM »
fine. I will watch your videos if it will make you happy. will there be a quiz afterwards?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
that would be correct. But I did not say that.

so what happened? am I still a hitler worshiper? can I put my hitler statue back up on my altar?

sometimes when I say "flattering" things about hitler its in the same way as when I say "flattering" things about obongo. (in other posts)
I'm not worshiping either.

ACK,

I am sorry if I appeared to suggest you support Hitler.... That was just because of one sentence which I took out of context. If you would like I will pin-point that sentence... Of course you are not a supporter of Nazis. I have known you here for several years and consider you an ally.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »
fine. I will watch your videos if it will make you happy. will there be a quiz afterwards?

If you would like? I just hope that this infernal hatred will stop some day. But it is good to understand just how much of this we have endured for so long...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »
ok fine. I opened the link instead because your plagiarized copy and paste cuts off the rest of the page.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
For instance, the anti-Israel goons say that our Jewish presence in Israel is THE CAUSE of antisemitism (as a recent article by a priest suggested).... As Rabbi Kahane (of blessed memory) pointed out that they hated us before Israel existed as a state, thus the EXCUSE of Israel is just an excuse, not the reason for their hatred.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »
If you would like? I just hope that this infernal hatred will stop some day. But it is good to understand just how much of this we have endured for so long...

doesn't it say in the bible that the jews were to be scattered around the world to be hated?
so you are supposed to be hated by the world anyway.
so, I would guess, it won't end.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:09:29 PM by Lisa »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
doesn't it say in the bible that the jews were to be scattered around the world to be hated?
so you are supposed to be hated by the world anyway.
so, I would guess, it won't end.

It says that we were dispersed from the land (2000 years ago). But I don't know it says we will be hated. Some commentators say (as one of the articles I posted above) that the Torah was given at Mount Sinai because the word Sinai is similar to Sinah (which means hatred)... The nations of the world will hate us because we were the chosen people to receive the Torah at Sinai.

The Torah does say that we will be a nation set apart from the others.

http://rabbibuchwald.njop.org/2010/06/21/balak-5770-2010/

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »
also, I think the topic actually meant that marc is adding to antisemitism. not that he alone has the power to create antisemitism. that before HIM everyone loved the jews.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »
also, I think the topic actually meant that marc is adding to antisemitism. not that he alone has the power to create antisemitism. that before HIM everyone loved the jews.

Again, I think the reason suggested (because he supports Amnesty) is just an excuse...

Are others religions of those who support Amnesty subjected to such hatred?

For instance, Republican Presidential nominee John McCain supports amnesty... Mr McCain is a Baptist Christian.... Do you hear people hating Baptists because of McCains support of Amnesty? (Crickets chirping)...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/25/McCain-Not-Granting-Amnesty-a-Stain-on-America-s-Honor

Also the McCain family has a net worth of $100 million which is more than any Jew I know... So why are Jews subjected to antisemitism for being 'rich' and yet McCain is never called a 'dirty baptist millionaire'?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »
Again, I think the reason suggested (because he supports Amnesty) is just an excuse...

I donno. I'm a snake worshiper.

see, you're talking about mental patients.

how about YOU give them reason to respect jews?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »

I donno. I'm a snake worshiper.

see, you're talking about mental patients.

how about YOU give them reason to respect jews?

I get respect... I am a proud Jew who keeps the commandments. My co-workers are all supportive of my observance and most are on board with my political view. I don't cower and mince words concerning my pro-Israel, ultra-Zionist intentions.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »

For instance, Republican Presidential nominee John McCain supports amnesty... Mr McCain is a Baptist Christian.... Do you hear people hating Baptists because of McCains support of Amnesty? (Crickets chirping)...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/25/McCain-Not-Granting-Amnesty-a-Stain-on-America-s-Honor

Also the McCain family has a net worth of $100 million which is more than any Jew I know... So why are Jews subjected to antisemitism for being 'rich' and yet McCain is never called a 'dirty baptist millionaire'?

no they call him an evil republikkkan.

don't they make fun of catholic priests all the time?  come here little boy.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »
I get respect... I am a proud Jew who keeps the commandments. My co-workers are all supportive of my observance and most are on board with my political view. I don't cower and mince words concerning my pro-Israel, ultra-Zionist intentions.

ok. your next task is to get people to respect jews beside yourself. that is other jews.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
no they call him an evil republikkkan.

don't they make fun of catholic priests all the time?  come here little boy.

Making fun of Catholic priests who were protected by the church is not comparable to antisemitism. There was a real problem in the church which needed to be addressed. I don't think people hate Catholics because of that.