Author Topic: What is your favorite style of music?  (Read 38413 times)

raiseyourfist

What is your favorite style of music?
« on: August 15, 2007, 03:07:45 AM »
As a professional in the music world i enjoy my own brand of music and that is Heavy variants of rock for technicality, melody and rhythm some examples are : Thrash/speed/heavy metal and melodic and progressive rock:

some of my favourite bands/artists are:

Iced earth
Testament
Dream theater
Jorn lande
soilwork
and Motorhead:

A great combo is Russell Allen and Jorn Lande's "the Battle" which i found very enjoyable to listen to over and over again... for more information you can go to

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7280369&BAB=Z

What music does everyone else on the forum listen to is the question?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:53:25 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: What is your favorite style of music?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 03:14:42 AM »
I listen to lots of progressive rock too raiseyourfist, though not necessarily of the metal variety.  I do listen to some progressive metal such as Dream Theater, Riverside, A.C.T, Opeth, Spiral Architect, Symphony X, too many to name really.  I also like old school prog like Yes, Gentle Giant, Van der Graaf Generator, and Pink Floyd.  I like jazz and jazz fusion such as Mahavishnu Orchestra, Billy Cobham, Bill Bruford, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Kenso.  I like classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Foreigner, Boston, The Doors, The Beatles, The Who. I like classical, baroque and modern classical of too many composers to name.  I also love Klezmer and bluegrass.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

raiseyourfist

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:29:16 AM »
Some other progressive and older bands you might want to try out (if you haven't already) are Marillion, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, sonata arctica, avantasia, dragonforce, stratovarius, dream evil....

the list goes on but if you like type of music you have most likely heard of them already

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 03:37:02 AM »
I love rock, FooFighters, All American Rejects, Evanescence, Metallica, Def Leppard music of that nature and

I love great Italian music.  I understand what the songs are saying, the rhythem and music is pleasent to listen to.  

And if you do not understand thats alright but give it a shot. For Example some Italian songs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KK-qFN3i2S8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oB8ZR4Ig06I

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:32:32 AM »
Classic Rock:  (Hendrix, Zappa, Cream, Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd...)
Hardcore:  (Misfits, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Bad Religion, Bad Brains...)
Punk:  (Ramones, Clash, Dead Kennedys, Nausea, Reagan Youth...)
Hard Rock/Metal:  (Sabbath, Deep Purple, Mountain, Kiss, Metallica...)
Alternative:  (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Primus, System of a Down, Capt. Beefheart...)
New Wave:  (Cure, The Fixx, Violent Femmes, The Cars, The Police...)
Rap:  (Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Beastie Boys, Biz Markie...)
Oldies:  (Sinatra, Sam Cooke, Ella Fitgerald, Louis Armstrong, Louis Prima...)
Jazz:  (Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Art Blakey, Charlie Parker, Desi Arnaz...)
Almost any Doo Wop songs

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:43:21 AM »
Well, I like :

Boere Musiek: Cultural and language music of the Boers

Classical: All sorts of classical music; Beethoven, Mozart, Grieg etc

As for rubbish like rock and roll, metal etc = i STRONGLY would advise people to proceed away freom that...

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 04:55:48 AM »
Well, I like :

As for rubbish like rock and roll, metal etc = i STRONGLY would advise people to proceed away freom that...

You sound like a highly intelligent individual.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:12 AM »
This question requires a lengthy response, and so I'll abstain.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 05:06:44 AM »
Well, I like :

You sound like a highly intelligent individual.

haha. If only. Well, you know what they say, people and especially babies that listen to Classical music, tend to be quite intelligent-as is yourself  ;)

raiseyourfist

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 05:50:56 AM »
When it comes to music everyone is entitled to their opinion... i personally hate rap and hip hop because i believe there is nothing about most types that  i consider as musically talented....

I love Rock because the range is so diverse and really has taken on a different form over the last couple of years... I am also a supporter of ACDC... The greatest Australian band of all time

raiseyourfist

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 05:52:57 AM »
Also does anyone know of any really good Israeli bands that we could promote for JTF?

newman

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:07:41 AM »
All 50s R&R and 60s/70s pop'. Stop the clock at 1977 when disco came in. That's about 20 years of good music that never dates.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:28 AM »
Oh boy, where do I start?

Bands that I've listened to recently - HIM, Apulanta, Ace of Base, Abba, Pantera, Hammerfall, System of a Down, Stratovarius, Rob Zombie, Rammstein. Eh, maybe it's easier if I just list by category...

80's
Death/Speed metal/Operatic death (Nightwish)
Techno/Trance/Hardstyle
Italian
Greek/Hebrew
Classical (mainly Baroque and Romantic)
Opera
Christmas music
American patriotic
Alternative (Cold play, Jewel, Kent)
Cheesy pop like Ace of Base and Abba
Tango, French/Italian accordion music
Finnish/Lappish folk music
Irish/Gaelic music too
Hah, Country too :D
Bluegrass

If I think of anything else, I'll add it in..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:22:10 AM by Vito »

ftf

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 08:50:24 AM »
I like a big range of music, I enjoy classical at times, e.g. Beethoven and Mozart.
I like light rock like Coldplay, Greenday and Keane.
I also enjoy rougher stuff, Billy Talent, Aiden (only when I'm deppressed) and a few others

Better than all that toher stuff though, (in my opinion anyway) is the Christian Screamo group, Underoath, for a sample, here's my current favourite song, (the louder you play it the better it sounds): (sorry about the silly video, it's the best I could find with this song on youtube)

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »
Country- I love love love country! :) Esp. George Strait, Hankr Jr, Aaron Tippin.
I also like some Israeli pop like Eyal Golan :)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »
I can listen just about anything but rap Cacca
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
As a professional in the music world i enjoy my own brand of music and that is Heavy variants of rock for technicality, melody and rhythm some examples are : Thrash/speed/heavy metal and melodic and progressive rock:

some of my favourite bands/artists are:

Iced earth
Testament
Dream theater
Jorn lande
soilwork
and Motorhead:

A great combo is Russell Allen and Jorn Lande's "the Battle" which i found very enjoyable to listen to over and over again... for more information you can go to

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7280369&BAB=Z

What music does everyone else on the forum listen to is the question?

i like heavy metal, rock, techno and house. soilwork is awesome :P
check out paul oakenfold he has some awesome tunes esp. "ready steady go".

Offline aC23

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
Anything with a good beat..mostly upbeat Israeli/Jewish music

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 10:51:16 PM »
80's music is my favorite. I especially like the unusual songs.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:56 PM »
I listen to lots of progressive rock too raiseyourfist, though not necessarily of the metal variety.  I do listen to some progressive metal such as Dream Theater, Riverside, A.C.T, Opeth, Spiral Architect, Symphony X, too many to name really.  I also like old school prog like Yes, Gentle Giant, Van der Graaf Generator, and Pink Floyd.  I like jazz and jazz fusion such as Mahavishnu Orchestra, Billy Cobham, Bill Bruford, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Kenso.  I like classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Foreigner, Boston, The Doors, The Beatles, The Who. I like classical, baroque and modern classical of too many composers to name.  I also love Klezmer and bluegrass.

JABOTINSKY YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC IS IMPECCABLE.....Especially Return to forever!

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 10:59:32 PM »
 http://youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go Watch this every night before going to bed.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

kellymaureen

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
70s and 80s, Def Leppard (saw them with Journey last year, great show) Triumph, Loverboy(yeah yeah I'll admit it) Styx, Damn Yankees, Ted Nugent, Boston, Heart, AC/DC etc.  More current, 3 Doors Down, Evanescence, 3 Days Grace....and I will not say who I just went to Vegas to see:P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:36:38 PM by kellymaureen »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 11:14:53 PM »
I like a lot of hard alternative and heavy metal/hardcore--i.e. Nirvana, Seether, Megadeth, System, Lamb of G-d, Slipknot, ICP, Mushroomhead, Killswitch, Poison the Well, At The Drive In, Slayer, etc.

The one exception is Metallica. They are the phoniest band I have ever known and I will always hate them for what they did to Napster.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:18:15 PM by C.F. »

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
What type of music and bands do the people of JTF listen to? .........correction. AFter all we're not schwarzas

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 12:06:30 AM »
I like a big range of music, I enjoy classical at times, e.g. Beethoven and Mozart.
I like light rock like Coldplay, Greenday and Keane.
I also enjoy rougher stuff, Billy Talent, Aiden (only when I'm deppressed) and a few others

Better than all that toher stuff though, (in my opinion anyway) is the Christian Screamo group, Underoath, for a sample, here's my current favourite song, (the louder you play it the better it sounds): (sorry about the silly video, it's the best I could find with this song on youtube)

That youtube link --- How can people listen to such devil rubbish!!???

dear oh dear.sigh.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I mean no disrespect ftf