Author Topic: French Shana Tova  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
French Shana Tova
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:13:54 AM »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: French Shana Tova
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »
No comments about the French Jewish women promoting aliyah from France?

Yes, I know some hold by Kol Isha. I hold it's a chumrah that I don't hold by.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »
Beautiful women from the Jewish Agency in Paris. But this is two years ago.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:30:42 AM »
Are there any Jews left in France? I heard they virtually all made Aliyah this year.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »
Actually plenty the vast majority of Jew doing their business more money assimilated, only a small minority will leave.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:14:44 AM »
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
Are there any Jews left in France? I heard they virtually all made Aliyah this year.

WHAT?! Where would you hear this? There are over half a million jews in France! It is the 3rd largest Jewish country in the world. A large majority though from a survey said they want to leave. I have a French Jewish friend who says he feels safe there but some are wanting to leave. French law does not allow surveys to ethnically or nationally identify people. However, this will most likely cause France to be overran by Muslims and when antisemitism does peak there may be no way out.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
WHAT?! Where would you hear this? There are over half a million jews in France! It is the 3rd largest Jewish country in the world. A large majority though from a survey said they want to leave. I have a French Jewish friend who says he feels safe there but some are wanting to leave. French law does not allow surveys to ethnically or nationally identify people. However, this will most likely cause France to be overran by Muslims and when antisemitism does peak there may be no way out.

You feel safe if you aren't visibly Jewish. The rich religious Jews left.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »
You feel safe if you aren't visibly Jewish. The rich religious Jews left.

Do you have any proof?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
France leads the entire world in Aliyah.... This last year saw over 4,000 Jews leave France...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184784

France for the first time has become the country with the highest numbers of aliyah (immigration to Israel), according to the French office of the Jewish Agency for Israel on Friday.

"France is today the leading country for Jewish emigration to Israel. It has never been before," said Ariel Kandel, who heads the French office of the agency.

Kandel cited figures from the Israeli Ministry of Immigrant Absorption showing that, as of August 31, a total of 4,566 Jews had left France for Israel this year.

The figure well outpaced Ukraine, which came in at second with 3,252 immigrants. Ukraine has been the site of great unrest since tensions flared in May, with violence often targeting the local Jewish community.

Coming in third was Russia with 2,632 new immigrants, and the United States at 2,213.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »
No, there is a far larger number of ethnic Jews in Russia than in France.

Also the French Jews are mainly not Ashkenazi (although some in the video are).

They are mainly Mizrahi Jews, from North Africa.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »
France leads the entire world in Aliyah.... This last year saw over 4,000 Jews leave for Israel

But this is still a tiny number.

If every year that many Jews immigrated to Israel from france. It would take about 120 years for them to all immigrate,