Author Topic: I.D.F. Turns Place of Torah Study into a Gym  (Read 1175 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
I.D.F. Turns Place of Torah Study into a Gym
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:31:51 AM »
Israel's army has for the many months seized by an Administrative Order the Yeshiva compound of Torah-loyal Jews in the settlement of Yitzhar in Judea and Samaria.
According to an article accompanied by video in Hebrew at
http://www.srugim.co.il/91236-שערוריה-בית-המדרש-ביצהר-הפך-לחדר-כושר
The I.D.F. has now turned the Study Hall into a Gym.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: I.D.F. Turns Place of Torah Study into a Gym
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:08:20 AM »
At least if they had weights and heavy bags it wouldn't be so bad ,but treadmills let them run outside
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

VIDEO: Frum Soldier Detained For Calling On Soldiers To Refuse Orders At Yeshiva In Yitzhar

- See more at:

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/260912/video-frum-soldier-detained-for-calling-on-soldiers-to-refuse-orders-at-yeshiva-in-yitzhar.html#sthash.vg5tCr8h.dpuf

Notice in the video, the Arab police saying how he loves Allah
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:31:05 PM »
Physical preparation is more important than reading religious books.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

If you're an animal.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »

There are many places one can exercise, it does not need to replace a place of study. In Judaism a place of study is just as Holy as a place of worship.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »

No its not. You a hellinist?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »

If more people were reading those books, then there would be no Arabs in Israel, and we could calm slightly on the physical preparedness.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »

No its not. You a hellinist?
No, but I believe that the army is the reason for Israel, not the rabbis.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
This is classic Hellenism. The Greeks also built gymnasiums in Israel. Isn't the origin of the word also Greek?

In Hebrew, the article said "cheder kosher", "kosher room". In modern Hebrew, the word kosher doesn't refer to food. Kasher refers to food. But they are from the same route. A vav was added between the kaf and shin to change kasher to kosher.

Maybe it refers to being fit since kosher means fit for Jewish consumption. But this Hellenist room is not fit for anything.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
No, but I believe that the army is the reason for Israel, not the rabbis.

That is not true.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
This is classic Hellenism. The Greeks also built gymnasiums in Israel. Isn't the origin of the word also Greek?

In Hebrew, the article said "cheder kosher", "kosher room". In modern Hebrew, the word kosher doesn't refer to food. Kasher refers to food. But they are from the same route. A vav was added between the kaf and shin to change kasher to kosher.

Maybe it refers to being fit since kosher means fit for Jewish consumption. But this Hellenist room is not fit for anything.

It is not hellenism.

It is survival.

Reading religious books didn't save a single person during the holocaust.

If it wasn't for army, Jews in Israel would be in the same position as Yazidis - getting murdered and raped by Arabs.

The primary concern is to build a strong army and defend ourselves. Then people can do as much Torah study as they want in their free time.

But without the army, they wouldn't have any time to begin with. We would be ruled, killed or forcibly converted by Arabs.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
It is not hellenism.

It is survival.

Reading religious books didn't save a single person during the holocaust.

If it wasn't for army, Jews in Israel would be in the same position as Yazidis - getting murdered and raped by Arabs.

The primary concern is to build a strong army and defend ourselves. Then people can do as much Torah study as they want in their free time.

But without the army, they wouldn't have any time to begin with. We would be ruled, killed or forcibly converted by Arabs.

Reading religious books during the holocaust may or may not have saved Jews, but certainly fighting to the death was the best option.

Now that we're past that deeply offensive statement, allow me to throw it back at you and tell you the reason that Hashem sent us a holocaust according to many of the biggest Ravs of the generation is because intermarriage was at 75%+, because everyone left the yeshiva and was going to school in Germany. The holocaust lost us less Jews than intermarriage, so reading "religious books" may not have saved people while they were being gassed and unable to read, but without them, there wouldn't have been 6 million Jews to kill.

Our army vs. all the Arabs in the world, much more the world world, should have lost every time, and no amount of training could have changed that. There will be a worse holocaust than the last one, too, if Jews continue to proclaim to the world that there is no G-d in Israel.

You can build a gym anywhere. If the government wasn't a traitorous army of secular Torah-haters, we would be building all over Israel, and we would have plenty of room for three times the gyms. If we weren't busy fighting Hamas terrorists who are the sons of Jewish sex slaves, who believe in secular books that say we're all the same, and we need to tear down differences, then there would be more time to train.

They didn't get rid of the Yeshiva to protect the state, they did it to protect the secularism that has been the death of us for over a century. If they need exercise, they can kick out all the Arabs, and will be better trained. The secular ideology says we have to have a people without G-d who fights the Arabs without angering the world. And the statement "no other nation would act like Israel" is patently false, because if the whole world pressured another nation to be suicidal, many would, because the secular political logic is that the allies you will get outweigh the risk of a weak terroristian population. It's irrelevant to Israel, because Hashem wins our wars and turns all the nations of the world against us for our benefit, and if we want to take them alone, we will loose.

Both the army and Torah study in Israel are the foundations of the state, and any reduction in one hurts the other, and without either there would be no state.

Also, better to get raped and murdered by our enemies than to give our women to make children that will do the same to us, and best of all to study Torah and do what it says, and for the moment, it says the army does not belong sitting around in a gym, and certainly not destroying the raison-d'être of the state.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »
Reading religious books during the holocaust may or may not have saved Jews, but certainly fighting to the death was the best option.

Now that we're past that deeply offensive statement, allow me to throw it back at you and tell you the reason that Hashem sent us a holocaust according to many of the biggest Ravs of the generation is because intermarriage was at 75%+, because everyone left the yeshiva and was going to school in Germany. The holocaust lost us less Jews than intermarriage, so reading "religious books" may not have saved people while they were being gassed and unable to read, but without them, there wouldn't have been 6 million Jews to kill.

Our army vs. all the Arabs in the world, much more the world world, should have lost every time, and no amount of training could have changed that. There will be a worse holocaust than the last one, too, if Jews continue to proclaim to the world that there is no G-d in Israel.

You can build a gym anywhere. If the government wasn't a traitorous army of secular Torah-haters, we would be building all over Israel, and we would have plenty of room for three times the gyms. If we weren't busy fighting Hamas terrorists who are the sons of Jewish sex slaves, who believe in secular books that say we're all the same, and we need to tear down differences, then there would be more time to train.

They didn't get rid of the Yeshiva to protect the state, they did it to protect the secularism that has been the death of us for over a century. If they need exercise, they can kick out all the Arabs, and will be better trained. The secular ideology says we have to have a people without G-d who fights the Arabs without angering the world. And the statement "no other nation would act like Israel" is patently false, because if the whole world pressured another nation to be suicidal, many would, because the secular political logic is that the allies you will get outweigh the risk of a weak terroristian population. It's irrelevant to Israel, because Hashem wins our wars and turns all the nations of the world against us for our benefit, and if we want to take them alone, we will loose.

Both the army and Torah study in Israel are the foundations of the state, and any reduction in one hurts the other, and without either there would be no state.

Also, better to get raped and murdered by our enemies than to give our women to make children that will do the same to us, and best of all to study Torah and do what it says, and for the moment, it says the army does not belong sitting around in a gym, and certainly not destroying the raison-d'être of the state.
Nobody 'sent a holocaust'. It happened because Jews forgot how to defend themselves.

And now we have Israel, we have learned again how to defend ourselves.

However, now we face a more insidious threat, as we are undermined from within by left-wing groups, who encourage African immigration, and also we face the most dangerous threat of high Arab birth-rates.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 12:10:45 AM »
The threat of high Arab birthrate is countered by the high RELIGIOUS Jewish birthrate.

You sound like the people that said "Tzahal won the war". G-d won the war. Without G-d, Israel would be destroyed. Also, without the army, Israel would be destroyed. Only with a Jewish army loyal to Hashem will Israel win wars. That's why Israel looses all the wars since Oslo. The wars are fought pathetically.

Israel was fighting for survival in the original wars. As long as Israel continued to exist, we won. Now it's the opposite. As long as Hamas and the PLO terrorist authority are in control of parts of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, Israel is loosing. We must fight to the end of the PLO Authority and send them back to Tunisia.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 01:40:34 AM »
Nobody 'sent a holocaust'. It happened because Jews forgot how to defend themselves.

And now we have Israel, we have learned again how to defend ourselves.

However, now we face a more insidious threat, as we are undermined from within by left-wing groups, who encourage African immigration, and also we face the most dangerous threat of high Arab birth-rates.

Hashem controls everything that is, and it a cruelty to say otherwise, along with other things. Also, it happened because we were a minority. Unlike other minorities, Hashem makes the nations hate us against all logic, because it's the only way we've survived, ironically.

Now we have our own state, all these threats, very real and dangerous, are less than the Nazi threat, because we have our own state. You don't need Torah to help you see the threats in Israel and figure out the logical response, but no matter how logical you are, you can't, without Torah, see the bigger threat that has cost more Jewish souls, from the missionaries that infest the nation. Secular logic at best says they're a nuisance, and should have controls placed on their activities, but they must go isn't part of any plan I've ever heard a secular person say. Don't think that a government that refuses to expel the idolaters will expel the illegals and Arabs, and don't think that anyone but a Torah-observant Jew will have real arguments to do it.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Hashem controls everything that is, and it a cruelty to say otherwise, along with other things. Also, it happened because we were a minority. Unlike other minorities, Hashem makes the nations hate us against all logic, because it's the only way we've survived, ironically.

Now we have our own state, all these threats, very real and dangerous, are less than the Nazi threat, because we have our own state. You don't need Torah to help you see the threats in Israel and figure out the logical response, but no matter how logical you are, you can't, without Torah, see the bigger threat that has cost more Jewish souls, from the missionaries that infest the nation. Secular logic at best says they're a nuisance, and should have controls placed on their activities, but they must go isn't part of any plan I've ever heard a secular person say. Don't think that a government that refuses to expel the idolaters will expel the illegals and Arabs, and don't think that anyone but a Torah-observant Jew will have real arguments to do it.
Main priority is to expel the Africans and Arabs, since they are murdering and raping Jews, and want to destroy the country.

Second priority is to control the foreign back NGOs and the leftists, and then we can deal with more minor issues like the Haredim.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
dmitry,

You obviously harbor a Hellenistic approach to life. Don't deny it, or learn what it means to be hellenistic...

There are many places people can exercise, it doesn't have to be specifically in a place where Torah study takes place. The only reason this was done was to separate the Jew from his heritage. I am disappointed that there are people who actually think this was done in order to be prepared to fight the enemy. The IDF does not spend most of its time defending the Jews, in many cases it is used against the real Jews of Israel. Torah study is what keeps the Jewish people Jewish, and when we don't study Torah we become a disjointed people and Israelis will leave Israel because they don't consider the land the Heritage which the Torah promised us.

Hellenism is destined to fail. Judaism and Torah will live on.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14