Author Topic: Buy a Tavor - to support Israeli export industry  (Read 3008 times)

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
Buy a Tavor - to support Israeli export industry
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
Please Americans and Canadians, buy a Tavor, to support Israeli arms exports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAVwwnw2f_M

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Re: Buy a Tavor - to support Israeli export industry
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »
I'm planning in the next year on buying an IWI Tavor..  Not only because I want to support Israel, but because it is a very good quality weapon and built on an effective platform.  I really would like a bullpup style rifle for use in CQB situations, such as home defense.  Right now, my home defense weapon, in addition to my AK VEPR shotgun, is my AR-15.   However, I would prefer a shorter barrel or overall length for the home defense scenario.  Having to shortern my AR barrel will require an NFA stamp and the Tavor has an overall shorter length and still retains the 16" barrel length to keep it out of the NFA Class II weapon category.  To me that is a major bonus!  As well, the Tavor has great ergonomics and molds into the body nicely and seems to have a more natural fit and feel than an M-4 or AK rifle.

I've been finding some good deals for them on gunbroker..  Avoid buying them at your local gun store without first checking online for competing deals.  My local gun shop was selling a Tavor for like $600 more for the same model I could find online.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:06:01 AM by EveryJewA44 »
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:37:04 AM »
I'm planning in the next year on buying an IWI Tavor..  Not only because I want to support Israel, but because it is a very good quality weapon and built on an effective platform.  I really would like a bullpup style rifle for use in CQB situations, such as home defense.  Right now, my home defense weapon, in addition to my AK VEPR shotgun, is my AR-15.   However, I would prefer a shorter barrel or overall length for the home defense scenario.  Having to shortern my AR barrel will require an NFA stamp and the Tavor has an overall shorter length and still retains the 16" barrel length to keep it out of the NFA Class II weapon category.  To me that is a major bonus!  As well, the Tavor has great ergonomics and molds into the body nicely and seems to have a more natural fit and feel than an M-4 or AK rifle.

I've been finding some good deals for them on gunbroker..  Avoid buying them at your local gun store without first checking online for competing deals.  My local gun shop was selling a Tavor for like $600 more for the same model I could find online.

Can you encourage everyone in your community or temple to buy one too?

(I don't live in US, so cannot do this)

Although they are partly built in the US, many of the parts are from Israel, so they do directly support both Israeli workers and American workers.

It would be great if the whole US Jewish community would buy one.

---
---

As for shops. They are also available online:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/tavor-sar-flattop-16-5-barrel-detail.html?Itemid=0

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »
Can you encourage everyone in your community or temple to buy one too?

(I don't live in US, so cannot do this)

Although they are partly built in the US, many of the parts are from Israel, so they do directly support both Israeli workers and American workers.

It would be great if the whole US Jewish community would buy one.

---
---

As for shops. They are also available online:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/tavor-sar-flattop-16-5-barrel-detail.html?Itemid=0

In my community?? You mean in Seattle?? HAAA!  Yeah right.. Did you read my previous thread I wrote here?  A majority of Jews in Seattle are actively supporting an unconstitutional, nazi-like gun ban here in Washington state, measure I-594.    Almost every synagogue and Jewish organization in the city of Seattle and Tacoma is voting in favor of restricting gun freedoms.     

However, I will see about contacting my old Rabbi at one of the Chabads and trying to promote him both to vote against the measure I-594 and encouraging members of the community to purchase and support the IWI, buying Israeli weapons and accessories.

The only pro-gun Jewish communities I have experienced was one in South Seattle at an Orthodox synagogue.  Even there, it was confined to a small number of members as the majority still where like "Wow, you own guns!  How dangeorus!".     My previous Chabad was in a very blue-collar city that had lot of military and former military and was the most pro-gun community I ever have attended.    However, that synagogue probably has no more than 200 active members and most Shabbats its not uncommon for only 50 or so people to attend.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:29 AM »

In my community?? You mean in Seattle?? HAAA!  Yeah right.. Did you read my previous thread I wrote here?  A majority of Jews in Seattle are actively supporting an unconstitutional, nazi-like gun ban here in Washington state, measure I-594.    Almost every synagogue and Jewish organization in the city of Seattle and Tacoma is voting in favor of restricting gun freedoms.     

However, I will see about contacting my old Rabbi at one of the Chabads and trying to promote them both to vote against the measure I-594 and encouraging members of the community to purchase and support the IWI, buying Israeli weapons and accessories.

The only pro-gun Jewish communities I have experienced was one in South Seattle at an Orthodox synagogue.  Even there, it was confined to a small number of members as the majority still where like "Wow, you own guns!  How dangeorus!".     My previous Chabad was in a very blue-collar city that had lot of military and former military and was the most pro-gun community I ever have attended.    However, that synagogue probably has no more than 200 active members and most Shabbats its not uncommon for only 50 or so people to attend.

Well if they want to support Israeli exports and workforce, this is one of the best purchases.

So only if they are anti-Israel, will they object to buying one of our country's best export products.

Regardless of their gun politics, they should buy one to support Israeli workforce.

Supporting Israeli workforce is more important than their gun politics (if they don't like guns, they could keep in it in the cupboard, and it still is supporting Israeli workforce).

I wonder if there is a forum or community where I can show more US Jewish community about buying this?

Let's try to show more people about this.

(Since I don't live in US, unfortunately I could not buy one - if I lived in US, I would buy five and put up Tavor posters all over the synagogues).

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:53:53 AM »
Well if they want to support Israeli exports and workforce, this is one of the best purchases.

So only if they are anti-Israel, will they object to buying one of our country's best export products.

Regardless of their gun politics, they should buy one to support Israeli workforce.

I wonder if there is a forum or community where I can show more US Jewish community about buying this?

Well, you may consider joining Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (JPFO), which definitely promotes awareness in the Jewish community about both gun politics, as well as helping to make Jewish people feel more comfortable around guns and help train and arm these communities.  JPFO has a very good name in the RKBA community.

And dimitry, you will have to make the community first like guns and feel comfortable around them, before they will consider purchasing them..  Whether they are Israeli guns or not.. I wish every commuinity would be well armed and trained, even if they  were armed with Egyptian Mahdi AK-47s.. At least they got something!    Of course, nothing better than a Jewish community well armed with Israeli weaponry!

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:02:52 AM »

And dimitry, you will have to make the community first like guns and feel comfortable around them, before they will consider purchasing them..  Whether they are Israeli guns or not.. I wish every commuinity would be well armed and trained, even if they  were armed with Egyptian Mahdi AK-47s.. At least they got something!    Of course, nothing better than a Jewish community well armed with Israeli weaponry!

It's irrelevant whether they like guns or not. It is an Israeli export, so they should buy it (if they are really our loyal friends).

I don't live in US, so I cannot ever buy it.

But we need to promote it in US Jewish community, so that they will buy it and support our industry.

It's not a question of if they like guns.  If they really support us, then they will buy them anyway because it contributes to the workforce and also the investment will return to more R&D in Israel. 

Whole point is that they should buy it to support Israeli exports (as she explains in the video).

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 02:25:39 AM »
It's irrelevant whether they like guns or not. It is an Israeli export, so they should buy it (if they are really our loyal friends).

I don't live in US, so I cannot ever buy it.

But we need to promote it in US Jewish community, so that they will buy it and support our industry.

It's not a question of if they like guns.  If they really support us, then they will buy them anyway because it contributes to the workforce and also the investment will return to more R&D in Israel. 

Whole point is that they should buy it to support Israeli exports (as she explains in the video).

You think that a group of people who thinks guns are evil will be open to buying guns, just because they come from Israel?  Not likely!

But hey.. I could go and ask the local synagogues that are all supporting the current anti-gun measure if they would be so kind as to help Israel by purchasing a case of Tavors and IWI magazines and ammo.    I'll get back to you on the response..  ;D

Sadly.. It is mostly goyim/goyot  who are helping to support Israel's economy and who buy Israeli weapons.  Heck, I even met a white supremacist who now is fixated on buying Israeli survival gear, because he believes its the best out there.  He stocks up on Israeli made gas masks, which are considered some of the best in the world.

And, I don't get it..  If your goal is just to support Israel's economy, why waste so much time trying to promote Israeli firearms to a group of people who are in general opposed to firearm ownership?   I mean, there are so many American people who want to help support Israel's economy and buy Israeli weapons.    I'm always promoting Israel's weaponry on gun forums and I've attracted many good American people to the Tavor platform.

If your goal is to help promote Israel's weapon industry in the USA, then don't bother with the mostly anti-gun Jewish community.  Seek out gentiles here in this country who are pro-gun and help promote Israel's weaponry to these people.  You will find much admiration, support and will attract more and more people in droves.     Americans are very much supportive of Israel's weaponry and very happy to be able to purchase IWI products here.

Yeah, it's sad that Jews will not be the ones to support one of Israel's greatest exports, weapons..  However, there are many righteous gentiles just waiting to have a nice shiny Tavor in their safe!

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 02:33:33 AM »

You think that a group of people who thinks guns are evil will be open to buying guns, just because they come from Israel?  Not likely!

But hey.. I could go and ask the local synagogues that are all supporting the current anti-gun measure if they would be so kind as to help Israel by purchasing a case of Tavors and IWI magazines and ammo.    I'll get back to you on the response..  ;D

Sadly.. It is mostly goyim/goyot  who are helping to support Israel's economy and who buy Israeli weapons.  Heck, I even met a white supremacist who now is fixated on buying Israeli survival gear, because he believes its the best out there.  He stocks up on Israeli made gas masks, which are considered some of the best in the world.

And, I don't get it..  If your goal is just to support Israel's economy, why waste so much time trying to promote Israeli firearms to a group of people who are in general opposed to firearm ownership?   I mean, there are so many American people who want to help support Israel's economy and buy Israeli weapons.    I'm always promoting Israel's weaponry on gun forums and I've attracted many good American people to the Tavor platform.

If your goal is to help promote Israel's weapon industry in the USA, then don't bother with the mostly anti-gun Jewish community.  Seek out gentiles here in this country who are pro-gun and help promote Israel's weaponry to these people.  You will find much admiration, support and will attract more and more people in droves.     Americans are very much supportive of Israel's weaponry and very happy to be able to purchase IWI products here.

Yeah, it's sad that Jews will not be the ones to support one of Israel's greatest exports, weapons..  However, there are many righteous gentiles just waiting to have a nice shiny Tavor in their safe!

I don't follow strange complexity of US gun politics.

American Jews (if they are our friends at all), will buy them, because it is a way to support the Israeli work force.

It is not complicated.

If they want to help us, they should buy them, regardless of their other ideas.

US Jews are supposedly interested in supporting us - so why on earth would they not buy them?

If they don't like guns, they can keep them in the cupboard. But it is still their duty to buy one because it is a support for Israel.

This is why we need  to tell the US Jewish community about this way to support Israeli exports.

They need to know to buy them, even if they don't like guns, because it is an support for Israeli exports.

----

Whole point is they should buy to support Israel, not because they want guns.

The community leaders and rabbis should tell them to buy them even if they don't like guns.

They are supposed to support Israel.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:02 AM »
I don't follow strange complexity of US gun politics.

American Jews (if they are our friends at all), will buy them, because it is a way to support the Israeli work force.

It is not complicated.

If they want to help us, they should buy them, regardless of their other ideas.

US Jews are supposedly interested in supporting us - so why on earth would they not buy them?

If they don't like guns, they can keep them in the cupboard. But it is still their duty to buy one because it is a support for Israel.

This is why we need  to tell the US Jewish community about this way to support Israeli exports.

They need to know to buy them, even if they don't like guns, because it is an support for Israeli exports.

----

Whole point is they should buy to support Israel, not because they want guns.

The community leaders and rabbis should tell them to buy them even if they don't like guns.

They are supposed to support Israel.

Ok dimitry... I'm all for Jews buying guns!!! Especially Israeli guns!   :jump:

Not only do you not understand the complexity of American gun politics, but you do not understand the complexity of American Jews..     When many of these Jews think its bad that citizens can own guns at all, they will probably be terrified to even hold a a 16" IWI Tavor w/ Reflex Sight and  30rd Magazine in their hands..   Just the thought will make many of them crap ebola style.

FYI... The gentiles who buy their Tavors know darn well that they are supporting Israel and most I am sure are proud of it.  I've yet to meet one Tavor owner, who doesn't boast about his cool ISRAELI weapon.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
In the US, there are 6 million Jews.

So even if the majority do not buy one, and only 1% of Jews will buy them - it is 60,000  sales (which would be a huge boost for the Israeli light arms manufacturing).

So we need to tell the Jewish community about it.

In the US Jewish community, if the rabbis and community leaders can find out about this way to support Israel, then there will be a huge boost for the factories in Israel (and US).

.     When many of these Jews think its bad that citizens can own guns at all, they will probably be terrified to even hold a a 16" IWI Tavor w/ Reflex Sight and  30rd Magazine in their hands..   Just the thought will make many of them crap ebola style.

They don't have to use them. They can buy them and keep them as a souvenir item.

Either way, it is still a boost for the manufacturing.

How can we contact the Jewish community, so that they could promote this?

We can send them the video.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:53:04 AM by dimitry »

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »

How can we contact the Jewish community, so that they could promote this?

We can send them the video.

Dimitry, do you have VOIP, like Vonage or Skype?  You can be making phone calls to every synagogue and Jewish community in the USA and promote the products to them.     I'd say send emails, but I think that they would not be read.

I think you have some valid points to you argument.. But, many Jews in the USA will just not buy a gun, because they think guns are inherently evil objects.     Many will claim that they support Israel buy buying this or that, like stuff from AJudaica or other Israeli product stores.   But, I would encourage you to definitely promote your ideas of supporting Israel by buying Israeli weaponry.

Howver, those Tavors are not cheap, and you know most Jews don't like forking out a lot of money..   Perhaps, you can encourage Jews to buy magazines instead, since every Jew could afford an IWI magazine or various tactical gear produced by IWI for the American market.   Now that you mention it, I think I may try to buy some IWI magazines for my ARs to show my support for Israel. 

I, myself, will be buying a Tavor next year or when money is looking better, so I will do my part.  Not only am I buying it to support the Israeli economy, but it is just a very nice gun to have for CQB scenarios and home defense..        I'm a big fan of the ergonomics of the gun.

Anyhow, let me know how your efforts go in promoting Israeli weapons to the Jewish community here..  I'd like to know if you manage to convince any people.  Perhaps, you could look at some synagogues in places like Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee, where the JEwish community may be a bit more conservative and more gun friendly.  That would be to start.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »
My  English is not that good at a spoken level.

But this video I put on youtube (by Faith Goldy) explains everything.

I might try to email the video to some community leaders, so they can pick it up from there.

I thought that everyone on this forum would be buying one - but only you seemed interested.

Howver, those Tavors are not cheap, and you know most Jews don't like forking out a lot of money..   Perhaps, you can encourage Jews to buy magazines instead, since every Jew could afford an IWI magazine or various tactical gear produced by IWI for the American market.   Now that you mention it, I think I may try to buy some IWI magazines for my ARs to show my support for Israel. 

The American Jewish community is the wealthiest community in the United States according to many sources.

The per capita income of the community, is double the national average.

So to spend $1600 is nothing for the majority of the community (we can be sure, a lot of them spend more on a bottle of wine). And as a way of supporting Israeli exports, they should be buying 5 or 10 of them each. Even buying 10 of them each, is easily affordable on the average American Jewish salary.  So asking them to buy 1 each is nothing.

It is also a great souvenir of Israel (even though it is assembled in the US, it contains a lot of Israeli-made parts).

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »
I might try to email the video to some community leaders, so they can pick it up from there.
Definitely spread the word!  The fact that you are living in Israel will definitely give a little bit of thump to your argument.  Even better, contact representatives at the IWI and your local religious and community organizations.  Have both Rabbis and other community leaders in Israel work with IWI to promote the products within the Jewish community in USA.  Don't exclude Canada here, as Canadians also can possess rifles like the Tavor and they are for sale in Canada as well.   Most Jews, especially community leaders rather speak to a Rabbi or organization for advice on such issues as buying weapons, rather directly from the manufacturer.  Everything boils down to halacha, ethics and then the reception of the local community.

I thought that everyone on this forum would be buying one - but only you seemed interested.

The American Jewish community is the wealthiest community in the United States according to many sources.

The per capita income of the community, is double the national average.

So to spend $1600 is nothing for the majority of the community (we can be sure, a lot of them spend more on a bottle of wine). And as a way of supporting Israeli exports, they should be buying 5 or 10 of them each. Even buying 10 of them each, is easily affordable on the average American Jewish salary.  So asking them to buy 1 each is nothing.

Sadly, not many Jews, even "Right Wing" Jews are interested in guns here in the USA.   We are a small minority.  However, most Jews live in cities where owning a semi-automatic rifle like a Tavor, especially with the issued 20 or 30rd magazines is outlawed.  America is a large country and most Jews, including most members of this site, live in parts of the country where socialist/ultra-left wing liberal government rules the state and has circumvented our Constitution with imposing their own unconstitutional gun control regulations.

So, considering most of the members on here live in New York or the Northeast, they are not even allowed to own a Tavor, as it is considered an "Assault Weapon" by the laws of their state.  Also, there are no magazines for a gun like a Tavor or AR-15 that would be legal in New YOrk, since these states have prohibitive restrictions on magazines sizes, such as like 5rd limits on rifle mags. 

Considering, a majority of Jews in this country live in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, that means a majority of JEws in this country cannot own weapons like Tavor, where the laws of these states and/or cities prohibit citizens to buy these rifles.   

I, myself , live in the state of Washington, that has no restrictions on owning these rifles.  In the USA , I would say about 42 out of the 50 states abide by the Second Amendment of our Constitution and people have a majority of their Right to Keep and Bear Arms uninhibited.   Sadly, most Jews do not live in any of these free states.. For some reason, Jewish people in USA choose to live in the more liberal, socialist, restrictive states..    I never understood why Jews have always chose to congregate in areas where their freedoms are restricted, but that seems to be the story of our people and I also believe it is why we suffered from the Shoah.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:22:30 PM by EveryJewA44 »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »
I live in NJ. I can't even buy a bow and arrow.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 01:42:46 AM »
Coming to US market in March next year, will also be the IWI Ace (Galil).

Please everyone buy one.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
It is good that at last they are purchasing the Spike ATGM.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/437767/defence-ministry-clears-israeli-anti.html
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 01:07:58 AM »
Coming to US market in March next year, will also be the IWI Ace (Galil).

Please everyone buy one.

Galils have been for sale in the USA for quite some time..  I'm not a major fan of that platform.. I prefer my AKs chambered in x39 or above.. Some people like it and I think its a decent weapon, but just not for me.   

The Tavor serves a purpose, is not cheap, but a very well designed, reliable and ergonomically constructed bullpup platform rifle which I think is most desirable for any type of CQB engagement situation.

If anyone needs help acquiring a good deal on a Tavor, please PM me..   I am pretty good at finding the best gun deals around and have paid well below retail on most my gun purchases.  As well, I am on many gun forums and also can find people selling guns there as well and can pass these deals on to you.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 01:49:51 AM »
An American philanphropist bought ten Tavors to equip his local police department.

It's an awesome way to both donate to support local police in America, and also support Israel at the same time.