Author Topic: Nusach Eress Yisrael- Minha and Birkat Hamazon (FREE DOWNLOAD)  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Nusach Eress Yisrael- Minha and Birkat Hamazon (FREE DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
So what is the difference from Nusach Ashkenaz? Just looking at the 1st pages I don't see the difference.

Is it normal for the Kaddish to say 'HaGadol' versus 'Rabba' in 'Yehe Shme Rabba Mevorach'?

I cannot find any reference to using the word 'HaGadol' in Kaddish in that response... Why is this?

I realize that HaGadol is translated as 'Great' but so is "Rabba"..

HaGadol is one of the praises of the Amidah, as per the Talmud:

http://www.webshas.org/tefillah/amidah/struct.htm
Phrase of "HaKel HaGadol HaGibor VeHaNora": Yoma 69b; Megillah 25a
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:34:35 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
Here is a similar Mincha Siddur according to Nusach Ashkenaz..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8udOVuIevQ8bTRKVlM3bjU2Q00/edit

Notice the difference in the Kaddish (page 6 in this PDF)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
  Rabba is Aramaic. Gadol is in Hebrew. I believe in the Bavli Berachot (page 3A towards the very end of the page) it actually mentions Gadol and not Rabba.. Both are fine anyway.

For example check this  Berachot page 3A, 4 lines from the bottom)

http://www.e-daf.com/index.asp

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
  Rabba is Aramaic. Gadol is in Hebrew. I believe in the Bavli Berachot (page 3A towards the very end of the page) it actually mentions Gadol and not Rabba.. Both are fine anyway.

For example check this  Berachot page 3A, 4 lines from the bottom)

http://www.e-daf.com/index.asp

I was under the belief that the entire Kaddish is said in Aramaic.. Is that not the case?

I notice on that Daf page that it does say 'haGadol'... Very interesting.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:40 PM »
The translation of that perek of Berachot 3a I found from Halakah.org :

http://halakhah.com/berakoth/berakoth_3.html

It has been taught: R. Jose says, I was once travelling on the road, and I entered into one of the ruins of Jerusalem in order to pray. Elijah of blessed memory appeared and waited for me at the door till I finished my prayer.12  After I finished my prayer, he said to me: Peace be with you, my master! and I replied: Peace be with you, my master and teacher! And he said to me: My son, why did you go into this ruin? I replied: To pray. He said to me: You ought to have prayed on the road. I replied: I feared lest passers-by might interrupt me. He said to me: You ought to have said an abbreviated prayer.13  Thus I then learned from him three things: One must not go into a ruin; one may say the prayer on the road; and if one does say his prayer on the road, he recites an abbreviated prayer. He further said to me: My son, what sound did you hear in this ruin? I replied: I heard a divine voice, cooing like a dove, and saying: Woe to the children, on account of whose sins I destroyed My house and burnt My temple and exiled them among the nations of the world! And he said to me: By your life and by your head! Not in this moment alone does it so exclaim, but thrice each day does it exclaim thus! And more than that, whenever the Israelites go into the synagogues and schoolhouses and respond: 'May His great name be blessed!'14  the Holy One, blessed be He, shakes His head and says: Happy is the king who is thus praised in this house! Woe15  to the father who had to banish his children, and woe to the children who had to be banished from the table of their father!