Author Topic: does JTF support Astorino?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
does JTF support Astorino?
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »
Planning to vote today, help me out here.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: does JTF support Astorino?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »
Also, other NY candidates.  Who are they?  Your help is appreciated.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
http://www.isidewith.com/polls/2014-ballot-measures

I came across this site when I was looking into ballot measures.

I found this voter guide link

http://www.isidewith.com/new-york-voter-guide
There is a link for every state.

You fill in some questions and it matches your answers to candidates.  It even tells you if there is no one running that supports your beliefs.  I kind of knew who I was voting for but it was interesting.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
Thank you very much bullcat.  Looks like I match up to astorino by 98%.

I'm surprised there has been hardly any discussion of the elecctions this year at JTF.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »
Nice website. I got astorio 94 %
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:37:01 AM »
Unfortunately,  Andrew ' Same Sex Marriage' Cuomo easily won re-election.   It's hard to imagine a Republican winning an election on the NY Statewide level anytime soon,  if ever again.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »
Unfortunately,  Andrew ' Same Sex Marriage' Cuomo easily won re-election.   It's hard to imagine a Republican winning an election on the NY Statewide level anytime soon,  if ever again.

I was about to add, "where's eb22?" to this thread only to come across your comment!  Happy to see you posting even tho it's the unfortunate news about cuomo.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:32 AM »
Im 99% Republican 99% Conservative (only 24% democat)

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 06:14:09 AM »
I voted for him
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
Great link. Can it be placed on the jtf news site?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
I was about to add, "where's eb22?" to this thread only to come across your comment!  Happy to see you posting even tho it's the unfortunate news about cuomo.

Thanks,  KWRBT!   I certainly appreciate your thoughts.   

Overall,  while I'm glad the Republicans gained the majority in the U.S. Senate and made gains in the House of Representatives,   I'm taking a very cautious approach with the election results on the U.S. National scale.   I hope some Ted Cruz like leaders emerge in the new Congress in both chambers.  But I'm concerned that there's going to be too much compromising with BHO on key issues,  including immigration.   Not to mention the political correctness factor in the Republicans often looking the other way when BHO violates the U.S. Constitution.   Executive orders could easily be the norm,  not the exception for the remainder of BHO's occupation of the oval office.

As for the situation in NY State,   while I'm glad the Republicans at least have the majority the next 2 years in the State Senate,  we saw that it didn't matter in 2011 when ' Same Sex Marriage'  became legal in the state.    I certainly don't trust the  Republican leadership in the State Senate doing what's necessary to stop Andrew Cuomo's leftist agenda.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/