Author Topic: Fewer people each year at R.Kahane's grave  (Read 937 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Fewer people each year at R.Kahane's grave
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
As a new generation arises who never knew R.Kahane there are less and less people attending R.Kahane's yahrzeit each year, but at least there's still a heart beat!

from Dina Moskowitz:

YESHIVAT HARA'AYON HAYEHUDI
HaRav Yehuda Kreuser, SHLIT'A, Rosh Yeshiva

RABBI MEIR DAVID KAHANE:
His 24th Yahrzeit

On the 24th Yahrzeit of our beloved Rabbi and leader, Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L HY"D, we will once again gather together at his Yeshiva in Jerusalem to commemorate him and recall the Rabbi's timely message for our generation.

Monday evening, Eve of 18 Marcheshvan 5775/10 November 2014
PROGRAM IN ENGLISH:

6:00 PM - Coffee and Cake
6:15 PM - Lenny Goldberg
7:00 PM - Shmuel Sackett

Break: Tefilat Ma'ariv

8:00 PM - Rabbi Yehuda Richter
8:45 PM - Baruch Ben Yosef

Emcee: Levi Chazen

*Refreshments will be served throughout the evening.
*Come early to ensure your place!

Tuesday, 18 Marcheshvan 5775/11 November 2014
PROGRAM IN HEBREW:

Shiurim from 12 noon till ~3:00 PM, including by the Rosh Yeshiva, Rabbi Yehuda Kreuser SHLIT"A. Upon request, I will send the list of other speakers when it becomes available.

4:00 PM: Kaddish, Tehillim and speakers at the Rav's grave, Har Hamenuchot. There will be a bus leaving from the Yeshiva at approx. 3:30 PM to the gravesite.

6:00 PM: Memorial program featuring various speakers, at Heichal David, 14 Ohaliav St., Romema.

Let us all, each one of us, be living embodiments of the Rav's Jewish Idea, to the best of our ability!

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
TODAY EVERYBODY KNOWS - RABBI KAHANE WAS RIGHT!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:25:17 PM by Yerusha »

Offline chicagojew

• Senior JTFer
Re: Fewer people each year at R.Kahane's grave
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
Where is he buried?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:48:44 PM »
Israel is growing more and more left-wing and debased by the year just like the West is.  :'(

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
Israel is growing more and more left-wing and debased by the year just like the West is.  :'(

Not at all. The "Religious-Right" is actually growing.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Despite the Chardal, Charedi and Dosi numbers burgeoning, their influence on actual events seems to be getting less and less!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
I don't see it this way actually.  On my facebook, I see a lot of "Kahane was right" quotes from various people.

Then again, I'm only friends with right wing Jewish activists and very few Bibi enthusiasts.

If you are on facebook and members of these Jewish activist pages or pro Israel pages, advertise JTF.  I only know of Chaim being the closes to what Kahane taught.  There are yet other Jewish nationalists who are Kahanists and have little movements of their own.. and many other which are secular Kahanists..i worry about them because you can't have Kahanism without Judaism.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »
Agree with Dr Dan, I think that Israel is getting more right wing. -especially amongst the under 30's.
It's just the specific memory of Kahane the person that is fainter which is why fewer are praying at his grave.
They really ought to advertise the event a bit more widely.

I think of myself as a secular right winger with minor Kahanist tendencys...I don't think you have to worry about Secular Kahanists. In any case the religious Kahanists will always be the majority.

I also notice those horrible Rabin "peace" demonstrations on his yarzeit are getting smaller too. ...they have to fill the Square up with Meretz Youth drafted compulsory and Arabs to make it look fuller, and there a lot of pensioners there these days.