Author Topic: Developing a competitor to Facebook  (Read 696 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Developing a competitor to Facebook
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:29:14 AM »
Considering Facebook is obviously and unquestionably a force consumed by the Sitra Achra (Other Side) I have been pondering what it would take to write a social media platform which could compete with the current evil system.

Of course the first thing I referenced where the Patents either owner or applied for by the Facebook corporation. In order to legally create a system that does not infringe on any of the Intellectual Property rights granted the Facebook organization.

I found the following:

http://stks.freshpatents.com/Facebook-Inc-nm1.php

It seems they applied for 249 patents this year alone. It seems that coming up with a competing system may be difficult. While I looked deeper into some of the applications it seems some are frivolous, and with some effort those patents could be nullified (due to prior works)...

I would be interested in what basic features a Facebook user expects, and whether these features are patented.

I do not use facebook and have no idea about what it offers. Any suggestions and any help at coding such a system would be appreciated. I certainly think that an alternative which is patently Zionist is a necessity. Facebook has proven how evil it is by its policies toward Jewish facebook sites.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Developing a competitor to Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:11:51 AM »
There is also My Space as an alternative,but not many people use it any more.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
Last night I was thinking about this so much I could barely get some sleep.

Some thoughts:

The name of the new social media platform will be 'SoulPages' and consist of a system allowing users to generate their own introductory page (their hobbies, their charities, their friends, etc.) and then create ancillary pages with special content. They will be able to network with people they like on the system, with the latest postings of their circle of followed users available on their page. The system will also allow direct private messages between users.

Technical considerations:

Initially designed to use the 'LAMP' system 'Linux/Apache 2/My or postgreSql/PHP' of which I am familiar with.

Utilize the latest HTML5 mark-up along with CSS3 style sheets.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
For those who are interested in learning web technology (or already have some knowledge) I will provide some tutorials and references for these technologies. Maybe some of our smart JTF members who are interested can contribute some ideas...

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_intro.asp

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 06:28:11 AM »
Something aimed at children kind of facebook for Jews that will enhance Jewish identity where they would be able to browse unlike facebook in a safe environment where all inappropriate contents would be forbid that would be the main appeal of the site, then later like did fcbook to allow anyone in.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:41:54 AM by Yehudayaakov »

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »
A friend of Rabbi Mizrachi created a facebook like app called ZLAZ (Kol Yisrael Aravim Zeh lazeh)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »
I spent several hours this afternoon preparing the development system for this project.

So far I set up a CentOS 6.5 server running Postgresql 9.4 and Apache. I installed development tools including phpPgAdmin, webmin, and HTML authoring tools. I configured the servers on a Virtual Machine which I can easily duplicate and back-up. I am also keeping the code in a sourcecode control system called 'git'.

If anyone is interested in joining the project at any time please feel free as I will be drawing up a 'TODO' list shortly of the next steps needed to begin the development.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »
I hardly ever use facecrook. I could never understand it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774