Author Topic: Personal update-a real irony  (Read 821 times)

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
  • Russian Orthodox Christian
Personal update-a real irony
« on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, as they say; 'my fault, my fault, my own most grievous fault.'

I've become very disgusted with what I see as a rebirth of Fascism in the modern world, it mutating into more subtle forms, but even outright reboots of previous groups as in the Ukraine and elsewhere.

I see it because a little over a decade ago, I was sufficiently 'right-wing' enough that I was quasi-fascist in my political thinking myself. And at the time I had even less excuse, because I believed that I was part Jewish myself. How could I be a self-hating ethnic Jew?

Now I know that I'm not Jewish, at all. Family research indicates otherwise, the immigrants from eastern/central Europe in my background were Sorbs/Lusatians from Eastern Germany, leaving the 'Kingdom of Prussia' for the USA in the 1860's. I didn't want to be part Jewish when I was a traditional and anti-semitic Roman Catholic, and now as an Orthodox Christian, I'm not Jewish at all and yet i'm devoted to the people of Israel and her security, among other ideals. To stand with Israel is to stand for civilization and for Humanity and for Almighty G-d.

Ironies and contradictions. So many lives were lost to the Satanism of the Nazis, and now we have a revival in many places, including the 'Islamic State'. We must not allow this sick slaughter to happen-to anyone-ever again.

I recognize that many will always mistrust and disagree with me and what I say might fall into silence, on deaf ears; 'What good is this man's testimony?' But I feel the obligation nonetheless.
Russian Orthodox Christian, friend of the Jewish people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Personal update-a real irony
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 01:05:42 AM »
simonpeter,

I appreciate your honesty. Though I cannot say I can empathize because my family has been Jewish going back as far as I know (over 150 years)...

But it is true that Jew hatred has grown even though it receded a bit after WII. Now it is fashionable, even in American campuses to hate Jews. The immigration of many muslims has also increased Jew hatred around the world. No doubt it will be a central theme in the coming conflagration.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »
simonpeter,

I appreciate your honesty. Though I cannot say I can empathize because my family has been Jewish going back as far as I know (over 150 years)...

But it is true that Jew hatred has grown even though it receded a bit after WII. Now it is fashionable, even in American campuses to hate Jews. The immigration of many muslims has also increased Jew hatred around the world. No doubt it will be a central theme in the coming conflagration.

Thank you, I appreciate what you've said in turn.

I think that anti-semitism will increase exponentially as the present world order falls apart, and Jews will really have no choice but to return to the Holy Land, to Israel. I happen to believe as a personal idea that Gentiles are innately Anti-Israel, as I call this hatred, because they hate the 'Lost Tribes of Israel' dispersed among the Gentiles, as well as those descended from Judah, the Jews.

Some people are Jews, some people are Israelites, and others are Gentiles, and not everyone who believes themselves to be a Jew is one (they could be an Gentile of the 'Erev Rav'-the  'mixed multitude' or even Amalek), nor is everyone who thinks themselves a Gentile is one (they could be a Jew or an Israelite by heritage). I don't ask anyone to accept or reject this idea, and it's just personal opinion, but it does influence my worldview and has led me to accept Israel and it's founding as the Hand of G-d that it truly is a sign of in human affairs.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
I like that!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline JudasMaccabeus

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »
I like that!

Thank you very much. Like I said I don't expect anyone to agree with this personal idea (although when the Spartans and the Jews during the Macabee period communicated with each other, the Spartans affirmed that they were also from Abraham, to give one example) but I think there is evidence for it.

You can't keep the People of G-d down, not forever. I think that after the Lost Tribes of Israel were exiled, they mainly were in Europe, and their settling in these areas gave an impetus to these Gentile lands that the Gentiles are still living off of. But assimilation from forgetting who they are and multicultural dilution have weakened these lands and they are reverting to their Gentile Barbarism.

Btw, i'm using 'Barbarism' as more of a political term, meaning the absence of a standard and non arbitrary rule of law (Noahide) and the presence of despotism and the rule of birth and wealth over wisdom and merit. A 'Barbarian' Society of Gentiles can be quite culturally and technologically sophisticated-at least for a while-and be quite immoral.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Thank you very much. Like I said I don't expect anyone to agree with this personal idea (although when the Spartans and the Jews during the Macabee period communicated with each other, the Spartans affirmed that they were also from Abraham, to give one example) but I think there is evidence for it.

You can't keep the People of G-d down, not forever. I think that after the Lost Tribes of Israel were exiled, they mainly were in Europe, and their settling in these areas gave an impetus to these Gentile lands that the Gentiles are still living off of. But assimilation from forgetting who they are and multicultural dilution have weakened these lands and they are reverting to their Gentile Barbarism.

Btw, i'm using 'Barbarism' as more of a political term, meaning the absence of a standard and non arbitrary rule of law (Noahide) and the presence of despotism and the rule of birth and wealth over wisdom and merit. A 'Barbarian' Society of Gentiles can be quite culturally and technologically sophisticated-at least for a while-and be quite immoral.
I have heard that about the Spartans as well.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.