Author Topic: The New-Year of Chassidim  (Read 1925 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The New-Year of Chassidim
« on: December 11, 2014, 02:02:19 AM »
Today, the 19th of Kislev, happens to be the 'New Year of Chassidus' according to Chabad custom.

I did not know that until a short while ago and now it figures that my rabbi was giving to a 'Farbrengen' this evening and he asked if I was coming. I was unable to make it as I work late and far away from home (and my rabbis home).

Here is a video on the topic:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The New-Year of Chassidim
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 02:18:03 AM »
Celebration in Yerushalayim...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
Vintage footage:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:15 AM »
Rabbi Shnuer Zalman of Ziadi was quite an influence on the Lubavitch movement.