Author Topic: Tree Inferno  (Read 698 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Tree Inferno
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »
<sarc>Holiday trees can be used as Chanukah candles... </sarc>

Actually this is part of an article on how dangerous real holiday trees are.... I have related the story about how a holiday tree caused much damage to my car...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/fast-christmas-tree-will-burn-explained-science/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Tree Inferno
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Why call them holiday trees? The politically correct people call it that so as not to offend Non-Christians. We know that as Non-Christian Jews, we aren't allowed to celebrate or have trees from that holiday. It's not kosher either way we call it. Admit that it's X-mas and let the Xtians call it what they want to call it. I say the same about the "holiday season". It's just the time before and after December 25 that people call the holiday season. I got offended as a Jew to call it the holiday season because our holidays are not part of that even if we have holidays at the same time of the year.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Tree Inferno
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »
Do you guys ever get tired of being :-X ?  <sarcasm (<- inserted in order to exonerate myself)>

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:20:28 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.