Author Topic: NYPD Officers Assasinated  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: NYPD Officers Assasinated
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 07:08:45 PM »
I honestly thought people were asking ironically because it's obvious ismaayil is an islamic name.   Apparently people really didn't know, so I will clarify:  Jewish people do not name their kids Ishmael.

Isn't there a rabbi in the Talmud with the name Yishmael?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »

Isn't there a rabbi in the Talmud with the name Yishmael?

Yes there is.  He is known as Rabbi Yishmael.

I don't believe Jewish parents have named their kids Yishmael since at least 700 or so CE.  Care to guess why?

Just curious, were you making a smart alec remark or were you really not sure if there is a Yishmael in the Talmud?   If the latter (who am I to talk, but!) I encourage you to brush up on your Talmud studies.  Rabbi Yishmael was an important tanna.

Offline Aluf Abir

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Whether Ismaayil is an Islamic name is irrelevant.  Half of Harlem is named Jamal, an Islamic name, and half of Harlem ain't Islamic.  They just act as if they are.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »

I don't believe Jewish parents have named their kids Yishmael since at least 700 or so CE.  Care to guess why?

Just curious, were you making a smart alec remark or were you really not sure if there is a Yishmael in the Talmud?   If the latter (who am I to talk, but!) I encourage you to brush up on your Talmud studies.  Rabbi Yishmael was an important tanna.

I suspected he was being sarcastic... Where I live that is not a crime.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »

I knew there was a Yishmael in the Talmud. The reason you say 700 CE is because that's after Islam came.

Yishmael was actually a name given by G-d to the son of Hagar. Only Yisrael and Yishmael are nations with Hashem's Name at the end (El).

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »
Yishmael was also the name of Gedaliah's assassin (Yishmael Ben Netanya). I remember Chaim called him Yishmael Ben Netanyahu.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »
look the point is that he has a muslim name ( stolen from jews). so it was an act of jihad as well as just a hatred of cops (because of al sharlatan)
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »
I suspected he was being sarcastic... Where I live that is not a crime.

Oh, it's not? 

I was not implying there's anything wrong with a sarcastic remark, so your comment is pointless.  As I said in my response I WAS CURIOUS TO KNOW.  I honestly could not tell if he was asking a serious question or if he was poking fun at me. Nothing more than that.  Sometimes the style in which Binyamin speaks can make a person wonder.     I guess you read his mind since the post he put under this confirmed it was sarcasm just as you speculated.

If he did mean it as a smart alec reply, I am not angry with him or upset in any way, so you can un-bunch your panties over it.   That being said, I do have to question his use of sarcasm in response to my particular statement.  Doing so implies that my statement (That "Jewish people do not name their kids Yishmael") was not true, even though all 3 of us know it is absolutely true 100%.   
(It also implies that I somehow overlooked the fact that the name Yishmael comes from the pasuk or that a tanna had this name, but I don't need to reply to his personal attack which is just plain silly, and unlike his behavior toward me, I will try to refrain from purposefully making him look foolish).

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 11:54:23 PM »

I knew there was a Yishmael in the Talmud.
  So when you asked that question, your purpose was to contradict my claim that Jewish people don't name their kids Yishmael?  Seriously?

The reason you say 700 CE is because that's after Islam came. 
   Gee, ya don't say.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »
Some blacks have Swahili names, which in turn has allot of borrowed Arab vocabulary including many names. For some reason the African American white haters that oppose using English "slave names" have no problem adopting Arabic "slave names".
look the point is that he has a muslim name ( stolen from jews). so it was an act of jihad as well as just a hatred of cops (because of al sharlatan)

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 09:17:30 AM »
Some blacks have Swahili names, which in turn has allot of borrowed Arab vocabulary including many names. For some reason the African American white haters that oppose using English "slave names" have no problem adopting Arabic "slave names".

I remember the one named toshiba. her mother named her after her ghetto blaster.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »
They love Swahili and use it for Kwanzaa. Yet Swahili is not even originally black. It comes from Arabic via Arab slave traders.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »
They love Swahili and use it for Kwanzaa. Yet Swahili is not even originally black. It comes from Arabic via Arab slave traders.

are you kidding? they invented everything. they created the evil white race. they had a spaceship thousands of years ago. it was powered by jenkium.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »
dey be dispatchers. animals were saying "dey deserve to die" while officers were dying.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/anti-police-remarks-dispute-911-center-sources-article-1.2054253
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 03:50:15 PM »
Ismaayil is an ebonic name.

I was told from a reliable source, he actually was yelling "Allah Akbar" right before he shot those officers.  So, I'm thinking, yes. I had other friends also tell me this.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל