Author Topic: Non-Jew Animal Sacrifices  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Non-Jew Animal Sacrifices
« on: December 24, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
Hello again, all.
We know that without the Beit Hamikdash, we cannot perform animal sacrifices. Somewhere I have heard that non-Jews are allowed. Would it be significant or monumental if perhaps non-Jews like Noahides organize something like this that they could perform? I don't know if it would be a mitzvah if they did, as it is not on the 7 laws. I suppose if they wanted to organize something, they could- they may need to consult rabbinical experts about how it's done.

The question is, should someone give them an idea to do this and would it mean anything spiritually? Any opinion on the topic, or has anyone heard about it?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Non-Jew Animal Sacrifices
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 03:34:17 PM »
Why would we want to sacrifice an animal?  Isn't prayer enough?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »
Hypothetically only. A mere "what if"/ curiosity.

Jews are not able to perform sacrifices without the Temple. Once the Temple is back, the sacrifices will resume.  Prayers are enough until the Temple is back. Sacrifices are only temporarily suspended. Although I understand if people of other faiths believe differently that sacrifices are finished and fulfilled in their own religions- this is why I assume if there would be anyone to do it, it would be Noahides. But, what if non-Jewish believers in Hashem would do such a thing, I am wondering if there are any sources within Judaism, rabbinical opinions and such that would talk about this in detail to see if there would be any kind of significance to such an act.

I mean for the Ger Toshav.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
Hypothetically only. A mere "what if"/ curiosity.

Jews are not able to perform sacrifices without the Temple.

Jews ARE allowed to and we should actually bring some of the sacrifices even without the Temple rebuilt. Certain things (quick actually) are needed. Mainly the Alter.

The premise of the question is incorrect.

- The whole question is, are non-Jews ALSO allowed to bring sacrifices? Yes. Certain ones they can.
- I believe Jews are the one's who actually perform the Shehita though. Not sure if only Kohanim or also regular Jews can as well. I don't remember the exact Halacha, I believe possibly a regular Jew who knows the laws of Shehita can as well but perhaps not.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »
I thought Jews can only bring the Korban Pesach now. Only the Israeli Government bans it. Halacha does not. When most Jews are tameh, the Parah Adumah is not required for Korban Pesach. The Israeli Government that bans it is more afraid of the Islamic Nazi Waqf than of G-d.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 01:25:06 AM »
You we mean we CAN? While we can't go to the Temple itself now (or the place where the Temple stood), I thought we are forbidden from performing any sacrifices outside of the Temple.
While non-Jews can perform them anywhere. So, this is incorrect?

Non-Jews were able to bring sacrificed to the Temple, they just couldn't partake of any of it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 02:22:53 AM »
I thought Jews can only bring the Korban Pesach now. Only the Israeli Government bans it. Halacha does not. When most Jews are tameh, the Parah Adumah is not required for Korban Pesach. The Israeli Government that bans it is more afraid of the Islamic Nazi Waqf than of G-d.

I believe you are correct.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
You we mean we CAN? While we can't go to the Temple itself now (or the place where the Temple stood), I thought we are forbidden from performing any sacrifices outside of the Temple.
While non-Jews can perform them anywhere. So, this is incorrect?

Non-Jews were able to bring sacrificed to the Temple, they just couldn't partake of any of it.

We CAN go up on Temple.Mt now. I'm on IPhone put search in Machonshilo video about R Yehuda Glick.  Its only a part of it. RambM writes wheb majority is Tamei we can bribg the Korban Pessah and not beed to wait to be Tahor.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 08:10:42 AM »
A few years ago a Noachide actually did offer a bird sacrifice on his altar after having received instructions from rabbis how to do it.
A few years ago I also posted on this topic more in depth, if you want to search through the forum for more details.
Sacrifices do give Noachides extra merit. Indeed No'ach {Noah} offered them and got a blessing.
Sacrifices are not however an obligation for Noachides.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 02:31:01 AM »
A few years ago a Noachide actually did offer a bird sacrifice on his altar after having received instructions from rabbis how to do it.
A few years ago I also posted on this topic more in depth, if you want to search through the forum for more details.
Sacrifices do give Noachides extra merit. Indeed No'ach {Noah} offered them and got a blessing.
Sacrifices are not however an obligation for Noachides.

Interesting! I'll definitely search the topic. Thanks.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »

We CAN go up on Temple.Mt now. I'm on IPhone put search in Machonshilo video about R Yehuda Glick.  Its only a part of it. RambM writes wheb majority is Tamei we can bribg the Korban Pessah and not beed to wait to be Tahor.

Yes, there are many components to Temple Mount, with increasing levels of holiness and corresponding increasing stricture about ascending them.   The Mt. itself can be ascended by someone who has tumat meit after immersing in a mikveh.   Some specific areas of the mount, one cannot go up if tumat meit.    I got this from the Rav's video about Rabbi Glick.

And according to the haredi view which says Jews are forbidden to ascend the Mt. at all  - that applies equally to NON-Jews but they never say a peep about the Arabs and their Temple Mount soccer games.