Author Topic: Major complaints of the Rabbis against Bennett's Jewish Home Party  (Read 804 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.srugim.co.il/107090-%D7%AA%D7%96%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%AA-10-%D7%94%D7%9E%D7%A7%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%91%D7%94%D7%9D-%D7%A6%D7%A4%D7%A6%D7%A4%D7%95-%D7%91%D7%91%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%99%D7%94%D7%95%D7%93%D7%99-%D7%A2
Summary of this Hebrew article by Rabbi Avner Porat
1 Conceding at the outset on the issue of keeping the status quo on religion and state (in favor of being more liberal)
2 Warm Hug of Bennett to "Con" Judaism, saying Orthodox is not superior to "Con" and they are partners
3 His choice of the most liberal Orthodox Rabbi he could find as candidate for the chief Rabbi (as opposed to one more in the mainstream consensus of religious zionism)
4 Never ending debate with the Chief Rabbinate, such as trying to force a manager from the Tzohar organization on them
5 Bennett videos featuring exposed women (by Orthodox standards) and cheap language
6 the Jingle of the party featuring a woman singer. the party struggled against someone who wanted to make a version of the jingle  without the female singer
7 Uri Auerbach statement that the politicians are tricky enough that in the end the rabbis will say what we want them to say
8 Choice of Eli Ochana by Bennett(showed the public what are Bennett's value system).
9 Choice of Yinon Magal by Bennet (who admits to have used light drugs).

While I might add some stuff or even take out  one of the   complaints of Rabbi Porat in the list above, I chose to quote the article without adding my own views to start the discussion.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Major complaints of the Rabbis against Bennett's Jewish Home Party
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
Sounds like fair criticisms for most of these yet he is the alternative to bibi right now.  But he seems to be all talk and yes quite liberal when it comes down to it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Major complaints of the Rabbis against Bennett's Jewish Home Party
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »
I think Bennett might be Gog.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge