Poll

Do you smoke Cigarettes?

No
Yes  1-5 a day
Yes  6-20 a day
Yes  20+ A day

Author Topic: Do you smoke Cigarettes?  (Read 23244 times)

ftf

Re: Do you smoke Cigarettes?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
Oh Please! Smoking is the least of our problems in this world. Yes I do smoke. Alot. Winstons to be exact. But all this crap with banning smoking inside of buildings and transportation is nonsense. I say smoke anywhere except gas staions. We have to fight off Islam, not worry if someones smoke is making us uncomfortable. Also, secondhand smoke is a sham. Of course smoking is bad and you do have a risk for cancer, but secondhand smoke? Nope. I say allow smoking everywhere again. Notice, this nation was much more conservative when smoking was everyhwere.I know Chaim would kill me for saying this.
Sorry, but your completely wrong, I know of people who have died because of secind hand smoke, and of others who have become seriously ill because of it.

newman

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »
Oh Please! Smoking is the least of our problems in this world. Yes I do smoke. Alot. Winstons to be exact. But all this crap with banning smoking inside of buildings and transportation is nonsense. I say smoke anywhere except gas staions. We have to fight off Islam, not worry if someones smoke is making us uncomfortable. Also, secondhand smoke is a sham. Of course smoking is bad and you do have a risk for cancer, but secondhand smoke? Nope. I say allow smoking everywhere again. Notice, this nation was much more conservative when smoking was everyhwere.I know Chaim would kill me for saying this.
Sorry, but your completely wrong, I know of people who have died because of secind hand smoke, and of others who have become seriously ill because of it.

Bollocks!

It's unproven speculation. How come nobody was dropping dead all over the place years ago when everybody smoked everywhere?

Look at food preservatives and chemicals that we have now that didn't exist years ago if you want the real culprit.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:32 AM »

Bollocks!

It's unproven speculation. How come nobody was dropping dead all over the place years ago when everybody smoked everywhere?

Look at food preservatives and chemicals that we have now that didn't exist years ago if you want the real culprit.
I think the reasonable path in this argument is somewhere in the middle. Smoking  is really not going to do anyone good and to think it is is only kidding yourself. The way I see it is if a person has a family with a disposition to cancer or hart disease then they should never smoke they are in enough danger of something coming on with out the help of smoke and tobacco. I have always been a Cigar smoker and at one point I would have one or two good hand made ones a day. The machine made ones that you buy in packs are just as bad as Cigarettes and you can burn through a pack of them in no time. A good hand made will last for hours and don't  have all the chemicals machine made ones do. About ten years ago I noticed that the smoking was getting to my throat and it seemed that although I enjoyed smoking the cigar it wasn't worth the after affects. At that point I stopped smoking on a daily basis and only have a really good cigar  now and then. What I am saying here is if you smoke lightly chances are you may never have a problem however heavy smoking will definitely take years off your life and destroy your bank account at 5 to 7 dollars a pack >:(  My Macanudo cigar that use to be about a dollar is now over 5 bucks each  >:( >:(  I know I am going to hear it after I say this but even as a part time smoker I would not want to see smoking restored in indoor  public places it just not fair to non smokers. Smoking is a choice its your choice but it may not be a non smokers choice. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 08:48:47 AM »

Ha,that reminds me of al gore's stupid argument about CO2 having a direct correlation with rising climate temperature..same logic, you're singling out one factor's decrease to prove te increase of another factor, when the two are most likely unrelated
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline Dave the Marine

• New JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
yes, and i roll my own, for the price of 2 packs i can have a carton, and the tax whores get less of my money.
i don't smoke in a building with others who don,t and i was wondering do you go up to fat people and tell them not to eat at mcdonalds.  if you concern is for their health you should.  maybe say hey dude your a fat pig, stop eating at mcdonalds.  if it is not in your face its not your problem.  why make someone angry.  like my dad used to say   go out looking for someone to kick your  ass you will find him.

Offline aC23

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »

Bollocks!

It doesn't matter if it doesn't kill (It doesn't help, that's for sure), it's annoying as hell when someone is smoking next to you. If someone is asthmatic it can trigger an attack.

newman

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »

Bollocks!

It doesn't matter if it doesn't kill (It doesn't help, that's for sure), it's annoying as hell when someone is smoking next to you. If someone is asthmatic it can trigger an attack.

So are fat people who can't wash themselves properly and stink on hot days.

ftf

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 06:17:45 PM »

Bollocks!

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The epidemic of being fat needs to be dealt with as well as the epidemic of smoking, just because there are two epidemics it doesn't mean we should fail to deal with one of them, they must both be attacked.

newman

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:15 PM »

Bollocks!

The epidemic of being fat needs to be dealt with as well as the epidemic of smoking, just because there are two epidemics it doesn't mean we should fail to deal with one of them, they must both be attacked.

That is the busy-body mentality of the fascist left. All law-abiding adults are free to smoke, drink, over eat and do whatever else is legal. It's called freedom.

Focus on the enemies of freedom instead of becomming one.

ftf

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:00:20 PM »

Bollocks!

That is the busy-body mentality of the fascist left. All law-abiding adults are free to smoke, drink, over eat and do whatever else is legal. It's called freedom.

I want the freedom to inhale air that won't give me an asthma attack.

newman

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

Bollocks!

Then move to Dartmoor.

ftf

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 09:04:20 PM »

Bollocks!

Then move to Dartmoor.
I want the freed om to inhale air that won't give me an asthma attack, at the same time as the freedom to live wherever I choose.

newman

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »

Bollocks!

Then move to Dartmoor.
I want the freed om to inhale air that won't give me an asthma attack, at the same time as the freedom to live wherever I choose.

What a cry-baby. You live in a huge city full of trucks, buses, cars and factories and blame cigarettes for your asthma?

Have you read 'Lord of the Flies'?...........

"Sucks to your asthma!"

ftf

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 07:05:42 AM »

Bollocks!

Then move to Dartmoor.

What a cry-baby. You live in a huge city full of trucks, buses, cars and factories and blame cigarettes for your asthma?

"Sucks to your asthma!"
A car or a truck going past does not make me start coughing or make my airways close up, a smoker standing withinthree metres of me on the other hand does.

I also think we ned to do something about the cars and trucks as well.

BTW I don't live in a city.

newman

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 07:29:17 AM »

"Sucks to your asthma!"
A car or a truck going past does not make me start coughing or make my airways close up, a smoker standing withinthree metres of me on the other hand does.

If you're that bloomin' sensitive to smoke in an OUTDOOR environment, go and live in a bubble!

ftf

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 08:30:34 AM »

"Sucks to your asthma!"

If you're that bloomin' sensitive to smoke in an OUTDOOR environment, go and live in a bubble!
I don't want to thanks, I'll stop the smokers from smoking instead.

newman

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 08:33:42 AM »

"Sucks to your asthma!"

I don't want to thanks, I'll stop the smokers from smoking instead.

The 'best of british luck' in your endeavours.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »
Quote from: ftf link=topic=7966.msg73639#msg73639 date=
Quote from: newman link=topic=7966.msg73621#msg73621 date=
Quote from: aC23 link=topic=7966.msg73618#msg73618 date=
Quote from: newman link=topic=7966.msg73349#msg73349 date=
Quote from: ftf link=topic=7966.msg73346#msg73346 date=
Quote from: cosmokramer link=topic=7966.msg73304#msg73304 date=

Bollocks!

That's really disturbing.  Okay, so you want to stop smokers because the smoke affects your asthma.  How do fat people affect you?   How many other vices do we need to "attack"?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 08:55:29 AM »
Quote from: ftf link=topic=7966.msg73639#msg73639 date=

That's really disturbing.  Okay, so you want to stop smokers because the smoke affects your asthma.  How do fat people affect you?   How many other vices do we need to "attack"?

It's a typical fascist attitude, HiWarp.

Some people think they're superior beings and can tell other law-abiding, tax-paying adults whats best for them.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »
Why not ban everything that is bad for us?
I say next we go for that killer Ice Cream!    ;)

I'm not a smoker by the way! 

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

ftf

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »

Eating ice cream doesn't harm anyone else.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
Yes - it places an undue burden on the health care system.   ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

newman

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 09:26:16 AM »

The whole thrust of the anti-smoking movement is in banning smoking altogether.....not JUST in public.

It's already banned everywhere indoors. Don't tell me that smoking OUTDOORS effects anybody. That's baloney!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 09:49:31 AM »
Quote from: newman link=topic=7966.msg74115#msg74115 date=
Quote from: ftf link=topic=7966.msg74112#msg74112 date=
Quote from: bullcat3 link=topic=7966.msg74109#msg74109 date=

The whole thrust of the anti-smoking movement is in banning smoking altogether.....not JUST in public.

It's already banned everywhere indoors. Don't tell me that smoking OUTDOORS effects anybody. That's baloney!
It will never be banned by the government because of the tax revenues.  Therein lies the hypocrisy.  If they truly wanted to do it for health reasons, cigarette sales and smoking would both be illegal.  But have you ever known a government that would willingly give up 7-8 billion dollars of revenue.  And that's the federal government; it doesn't include the state tax.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »
Quote from: newman link=topic=7966.msg74115#msg74115 date=
Quote from: ftf link=topic=7966.msg74112#msg74112 date=
Quote from: bullcat3 link=topic=7966.msg74109#msg74109 date=

It will never be banned by the government because of the tax revenues.  Therein lies the hypocrisy.  If they truly wanted to do it for health reasons, cigarette sales and smoking would both be illegal.  But have you ever known a government that would willingly give up 7-8 billion dollars of revenue.  And that's the federal government; it doesn't include the state tax.

Add ten years of social security and medicare savings from the premature deaths to that figure and you're talking big $$.

I'll see pigs fly before I see a government pass up that sort of loot.