Poll

Do you smoke Cigarettes?

No
Yes  1-5 a day
Yes  6-20 a day
Yes  20+ A day

Author Topic: Do you smoke Cigarettes?  (Read 23435 times)

Joe Schmo

Re: Do you smoke Cigarettes?
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »
Yes - it places an undue burden on the health care system.   ;)

Yes, but so do cigarettes. 

No non-smoker wants to breathe someone's nasty second-hand smoke.  It's as simple as that.

newman

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

No non-smoker wants to breathe someone's nasty second-hand smoke.  It's as simple as that.

Taxes and early death social security saving MORE than offset health care costs. They've done studies on it. Smokers are national benefactors.

ftf

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »
Why not ban everything that is bad for us?
I say next we go for that killer Ice Cream!    ;)

I'm not a smoker by the way! 

Eating ice cream doesn't harm anyone else.

The whole thrust of the anti-smoking movement is in banning smoking altogether.....not JUST in public.

It's already banned everywhere indoors. Don't tell me that smoking OUTDOORS effects anybody. That's baloney!
HAving someone smoke standing next to me at a bus stop can cause me problems. Don't talk about what you don't understand.

newman

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »
Why not ban everything that is bad for us?
I say next we go for that killer Ice Cream!    ;)

I'm not a smoker by the way! 

Eating ice cream doesn't harm anyone else.

The whole thrust of the anti-smoking movement is in banning smoking altogether.....not JUST in public.

It's already banned everywhere indoors. Don't tell me that smoking OUTDOORS effects anybody. That's baloney!
HAving someone smoke standing next to me at a bus stop can cause me problems. Don't talk about what you don't understand.

What a big girl!

Doc Holliday had TB and he still smoked.....Sheesh!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 01:44:04 PM »

Taxes and early death social security saving MORE than offset health care costs. They've done studies on it. Smokers are national benefactors.
My point is many things that people do can be conceived of as harmful/annoying to society - we might just have to ban everything - if we follow this train of thought.
Impossible.  Avoid things you don't like - that is an easy rule to follow.
Stand away from the smoker at the busstop.  ;)  May not be fair but it's life.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

ftf

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

newman

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »

Israelis light up right under those signs.

newman

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
Second hand smoke is the least of my troubles. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Second hand smokers are freeloaders. They get MY nicoteine and don't pay a cent! They owe me!! >:(

ftf

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
Second hand smoke is the least of my troubles. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Second hand smokers are freeloaders. They get MY nicoteine and don't pay a cent! They owe me!! >:(
newman, if you want to kill yourself with tobacco at least do it in your house where you won't be harming anyone else.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »
 actually i heard an interesting fact Japs, Spanish and Israelis smoke much more then Americns and yet have much less lung diseases :-\
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
actually i heard an interesting fact Japs, Spanish and Israelis smoke much more then Americns and yet have much less lung diseases :-\

Dry desert climates are good for lungs. In the Aussie outback, there are old bushies in their 80s who've smoked 2 packs a day since age 14/15 and have NO lung problems.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2007, 08:49:43 PM »

Dry desert climates are good for lungs. In the Aussie outback, there are old bushies in their 80s who've smoked 2 packs a day since age 14/15 and have NO lung problems.
Thats like the lady who livesdown the block from me 86yrs old 2 packs a day yet she walks up hills miles a day :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »

Thats like the lady who livesdown the block from me 86yrs old 2 packs a day yet she walks up hills miles a day :o

My grandmother used to say you have X amount of time here and that's it. Food, drink, smokes made little difference according to her.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2007, 09:01:47 PM »

My grandmother used to say you have X amount of time here and that's it. Food, drink, smokes made little difference according to her.
probably true

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 12:15:30 AM »

Lol mine use to say "when your numbers up, its up and it doesnt matter what you are doing at the time" :laugh:

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 06:15:30 AM »

Lol mine use to say "when your numbers up, its up and it doesnt matter what you are doing at the time" :laugh:
One of my favorite bumper stickers:

Eat Healthy, Exercise Regularly, Die Anyway!
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »
No, and besides one thing about smokers they got stinky breath.   I don't mind having a beer now and then but cigarettes nah.  Its expensive and why would I want to cough up my lungs?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Kiwi

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2007, 12:14:25 AM »
Yes well  ::) I kinda think just some people got a right to smoke ..........

Offline MARINO

• Junior JTFer
  • "Semper Fi"
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 12:21:15 AM »
Never did, Never will!

newman

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
Yes well  ::) I kinda think just some people got a right to smoke ..........

LOVE THAT! ;D

Erica

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 02:55:08 AM »

Kiwi

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 10:37:04 PM »
*WARNING FOR THE PC PEOPLE ITS BILLY CONNELLY*

NEWMAN for you mate

;)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »
I passive smoke because my Dad smokes, a lot. I used to find it disgusting and stomach churning but I've learn't to ignore it, its relaxing.

ftf

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:12 PM »
I passive smoke because my Dad smokes, a lot. I used to find it disgusting and stomach churning but I've learn't to ignore it, its relaxing.
Having started to find it relaxing is most likely a very bad sign, it probably means that it's already damaged you to the extent that your body has accepted receiving that damage on a regular basis as being normal.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Having started to find it relaxing is most likely a very bad sign, it probably means that it's already damaged you to the extent that your body has accepted receiving that damage on a regular basis as being normal.

Its psychological. I'm not living with my Dad at the moment and haven't done so for quite a while, recently, so it isn't a daily thing but when I do see him now its 24/7.

This smoking ban has just brought more smokers out onto the streets and in the way.

Yep it is worse because you inhale more toxins without the filter but the nicotine doesn't affect me. Lol Yacov, you have a good memory and you're right, it is a waste of money. Alcohol is just as bad.