Author Topic: What do we want from the Israeli election.  (Read 574 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
What do we want from the Israeli election.
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:27:32 PM »
Since Chaim has denounced virtually every candidate in this election do the results matter?  Is Bennett less bad than the others?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What do we want from the Israeli election.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:12:33 AM »
It would be the worse if Herzog of the evil Labor Party becomes PM. Although Ehud Smolmert, who ran as an open Leftist wasn't able to do any damage like Sharon did, since Sharon pretended to be Rightist. But Netanyahu doesn't pursue Expulsion policies. It's more of what he doesn't do that is bad. He doesn't destroy the PLO and doesn't allow building Jewish homes. Herzog on the other hand would promote destroying Judea and Samaria and surrendering to the PLO.

What I would like to see which is what I want after every election is the collation to include all the Right Wing and religious parties and exclude all Left Wing and anti-religious parties. The last time there was anything close to that was Netanyahu's first government which excluded only one Right Wing party (Moledet's 2 MKs). All other Likud governments since then always either had a "national unity government" or included anti-religious parties like Lapid's father's Shinui Party or the current Lapid's Ein Atid Party. Netanyahu had all the Haredim in his first government.

I don't know what Netanyahu would have done if he had defeated Ehud Barak in 1999. He said he would annex Area C when the PLO declared war. When that happened in 2000, Barak allowed the PLO to occupy Joseph's Tomb and the Shalom Al Yisrael Synagogue in Jericho and destroy the buidings there. In the 1990's, I liked Netanyahu and Likud. When Barak took over I moved Right and stayed there when Sharon betrayed us.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: What do we want from the Israeli election.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:24:58 AM »
We want the United Arab Party to do really well & get 15 seats, thereby blockading the whole Knesset!