Author Topic: Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim  (Read 1365 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
People are starting to wake up but the damage BHO has already done appears irreversible:

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/25/8108005/obama-muslim-poll

Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim

Updated by Max Fisher on February 25, 2015, 1:10 p.m. ET @Max_Fisher [email protected] 

Over half of Republicans answered "Muslim" when asked which religion describes President Obama's "deep down" beliefs, according to a newly released poll by Alex Theodoridis of the University of California at Merced.

Theodoridis, who released the results on Wednesday on the Washington Post political science blog Monkey Cage, asked Americans this question: "Which of these do you think most likely describes what Obama believes deep down? Muslim, Christian, atheist, spiritual, or I don't know." The poll was conducted in the fall of 2014.

The results, divided by party affiliation, are shown above. And they're pretty staggering. Among Republicans, 54 percent answered "Muslim" when asked what Obama believes; only nine percent said "Christian," his stated religion.

Identifying Obama as affiliated with Islam is not unique to Republicans, according to the poll, which found that 10 percent of Democrats and 26 percent of Independents answered "Muslim" as well. Democrats' most frequent answer was "Christian," with 45 percent.

"I don't know" was also a very popular answer, given by 47 percent of Independents, 26 percent of Democrats, and 19 percent of Republicans. As Theodoridis points out, this is the answer that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican and possible presidential candidate, gave when asked to identify Obama's religion.

The idea that Obama is Muslim, a thread of the "birther" conspiracy theory that Obama is not actually American, goes back to the 2008 presidential campaign, when some Obama critics presented him as "other," if not explicitly foreign.

Still, this poll shows unusually high levels of belief in the idea that Obama is affiliated with Islam. Theodoridis links, for example, to an August 2010 Pew poll showing 31 percent of Republicans identifying Obama as Muslim. A June 2012 Gallup poll reported 18 percent.

Theodoridis suggests that the way his question was phrased likely explains the disparity — and may in fact better portray Americans' views:

Previous survey questions about Obama's religion tend to sound like a pop quiz - such as "do you happen to know the religious faith of Barack Obama?" But by asking "what Obama believes deep down?" I was intentionally granting respondents license to stray from the pesident's self-reported Christian faith. This reveals a prevalent willingness to distrust this pesident or categorize him as "the other" in terms of religion.

The uptick in American, and particularly Republican, views of Obama as Muslim may also in part be explained by the rise of ISIS, which political opponents have seized on to argue that Obama is soft on Islamist terror. While these opponents do not say that Obama is soft on Islamist terror because he is Muslim, they could easily feed into preexisting suspicion of Obama based on his race and background.

In more recent months, Obama has also attempted to defray the tide of American Islamophobia that has coincided with ISIS's rise, in part by correctly defending Islam and Muslims against bigotry. Increased belief that Obama "deep down" believes in Islam may be an unfortunate cost of this effort.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Poll: 54% of Republicans say that, "deep down," Obama is a Muslim
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
It should be obvious to all who observe what this man does. He has acted in the best interest of Islam since he began. Even in his own autobiography he states he stands with Islam over any issue. Even his 'pastor' 'reverend' wright said he was a muslim at heart.

http://nation.foxnews.com/rev-jeremiah-wright/2012/05/18/jeremiah-wright-obamas-faith-and-perhaps-being-steeped-islam

KLEIN: Well, I was very interested in another part of that, as well, which is, when I asked the Reverend Wright about this whole question of Islam and Christianity. He said, well, you know, Barack Obama was steeped in Islam. He knew a lot about Islam from his childhood. But he knew very little about Christianity. And I made it easy for him to feel not guilty about learning about Christianity without turning his back on his Islamic friends?

HANNITY: What does that mean?

KLEIN: So then I said to him, well, did you convert him from --

HANNITY: You did ask him that. I remember.

KLEIN: Yes. I said, did you convert him? He said, it's hard to tell.

HANNITY: Interesting. Because, you know, anyone that ever -- you know brought up the fact, he did say in his book that he studied the Koran. OK. He studied the Koran.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »
Clearly he is a muslim atheist.  And the result is that he embraces all the horrible characteristics of that religion including its holistic political stance, all of its corrupt cultural qualities, and including embracing his fellow practicioners and defending the religio-political force that is called this religion.  But he lacks the single, only positive value his religion espouses:  belief in a divine entity.   So he is just as bad in every way as practicing muslims yet he has an additional arrogance about him where he thinks that he is "god."

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
What do you mean by  holistic political stance?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »
What do you mean by  holistic political stance?

I suspect he means Sharia Law...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
I suspect he means Sharia Law...

Sharia law administrated at the local level is political, but this is also coupled to global aspirations for conquest of the entire planet and transforming it all into "Dar al Islam."  (which of course would subsequently be governed by sharia)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
Irreversible damage has been already done. Now nothing can be retrieved.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
Irreversible damage has been already done. Now nothing can be retrieved.

Im sorry I don't share your fatalistic view syyuge... It is essential all righteous men and women never abandon hope.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:05:58 PM »
He's already president. Twice.  What does it matter now that republicans only now are realizing he's muslim?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
Oh my gosh there is so much information on his background that is backed up with evidence.