Author Topic: Obamacare For The Internet  (Read 663 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Obamacare For The Internet
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:32 AM »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Obamacare For The Internet
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »
america loses again.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:43:52 AM »
I'm not sure I understand why this is bad.  Keep in mind, obama was against net neutrality before he was for it.
It seemed to me that the cable companies were going to use the "fast lane" concept for extortion, if it was allowed.  Think about what they do with your cable bill...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
I'm not sure I understand why this is bad.  Keep in mind, obama was against net neutrality before he was for it.
It seemed to me that the cable companies were going to use the "fast lane" concept for extortion, if it was allowed.  Think about what they do with your cable bill...
I think the government wants us to think about it that way.  Of course, we all hate the cable companies.
But do we need more regulations passed in secret?  We have to pass it in order to know what is in it (doesn't that sound familiar?).
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/another-pass-it-to-see-whats-in-it-law-courtesy-of-the-most-transparent-administration-in-history/
Do we know what all the ramifications will be?  What about free speech and fairness doctrines.  I think the government should keep their hands off the internet.  They can't even deliver a letter satisfactorily.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
This new domination of the Internet by the government bodes ill for the future of the network. When the government restricts free-trade it stifles innovation. New fees and fines will be imposed by the administration attempting to 'level the playing field' according to their beliefs, but ultimately harming the end user who has enjoyed freedom from regulations. This will cause the internet to be more expensive, slower, and less secure.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
This new domination of the Internet by the government bodes ill for the future of the network. When the government restricts free-trade it stifles innovation. New fees and fines will be imposed by the administration attempting to 'level the playing field' according to their beliefs, but ultimately harming the end user who has enjoyed freedom from regulations. This will cause the internet to be more expensive, slower, and less secure.
Exactly!!!!  For once we agree totally.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
True but netflix among a number of other companies too (amzn, msft, apple etc)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »
!! America loses !!

Anybody see the news?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774