Author Topic: Advice please?  (Read 921 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Advice please?
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:18:17 PM »
I need to learn about the stock market... Anyone know any websites that I may gain knowledge on the subject that a Bohunk can understand?  ;D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Advice please?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
Start reading financial news and in parallel read about terms and cocepts that you bump into which you are unfamiliar with.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:43:08 PM »
Also try to first follow news on bussiness and industries you understand and have a perspective of, for example as a consumer/customer or from your proffesional carreer.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »
kiplingers.com

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
  Forget about it. If you want to invest and don't have knowledge of it, even if you have some knowledge as well don't buy individual stocks thinking you will strike it rich. Just do something along the lines of mutual bonds or mutual funds. For example have an option where you buy many bonds together (in bulk) and you get to put a certain amount into the fund from time to time (for example $100 every month or so). Than on average you will see good returns in a number of years (say even 25 or so).
 Doing what many others do where they don't know enough (and even those who know a lot) where they buy and sell individual stocks they put themselves into great risk with these choices. You can make some money but also know that you can loose a lot as well. And most people who do it this way end up loosing and aggravating themselves. + Every trade costs you money as well.
 Best option is to just stick to mutual bonds and have them for long term planning.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »
Thanks guys and girls, I will look it to everything you said. Thank you! Tag, I inherited some stocks, and don't know anything about the market. Don't care about getting rich, just don't want to loose what I was given....
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.