Author Topic: The Yoke of Heaven : Rabbi Kahane's Yeshiva U Speech 1989  (Read 560 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Yoke of Heaven : Rabbi Kahane's Yeshiva U Speech 1989
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:05:36 AM »
Shalom,

Rabbi Kahane (May his blood be avenged) was a wise sage. His love of Judaism, and by commandment his love of all Jews, was and is still immeasurable. As a righteous teacher of Israel I believe that Rabbi Kahane lives on in spirit even though he has no earthly form. All the gedolim of Israel live forever (See Brachos 18a).

The righteous, even in death are called living...whereas the evil, even while alive, are called dead. (Brochos 18a)

The words of our teacher are eternal. So long as there are Jewish ears to hear, and a Jewish neshama to inspire, the words of Rabbi Kahane ring true to those who investigate truth.

A Jew is a Jew whether he likes it or not. We do not choose to be Jews, we are born to be. Those not born who want to convert are Jews too, but they don't have the burden of those chosen without choosing. We talk about the 'Yoke of Heaven' being the obligation a Jew has to perform the commandments. Rabbi Kahane Rebbeinu speaks of it in this series of talks.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: The Yoke of Heaven : Rabbi Kahane's Yeshiva U Speech 1989
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »
Muman do you have any recordings of the Rav's zt'l other shiurim? Not the talks to the general public but Torah shiurim?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The Yoke of Heaven : Rabbi Kahane's Yeshiva U Speech 1989
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
Muman do you have any recordings of the Rav's zt'l other shiurim? Not the talks to the general public but Torah shiurim?

Shalom Kahaneloyalist...

I don't have any recordings myself. I do have a JTF archive though (not complete)... I found these on Youtube.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14