Author Topic: Vishnitzer Rebbe : Pushing And Shoving Is "Spilling of Blood"  (Read 3077 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Vishnitzer Rebbe Following Tragedy at HaRav Rav Wosner’s Levaya: Pushing And Shoving Is ‘Shfichas Damim’ -

Speaking at a tisch on the first day Chol Hamoed Pesach the Vishnitzer Rebbe Shlita stated the pushing and shoving at the levaya of HaGaon HaRav Shmuel Halevy Wosner ZT”L and at chareidi public events in general are in the category of “שפיכת דמים”, nothing less.

The rebbe spoke about the events at the motzei Shabbos levaya that left an avreich dead and dozens injured, two seriously. “I do not tolerate the pushing of bochrim around me. It pains me and bothers me” stated the rebbe, who added he does not tolerate it and is strongly opposed to it, even for a moment. The rebbe stated the trend that exists at public chareidi events borders on ‘shvichas damim’.

See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/299047/vishnitzer-rebbe-following-tragedy-at-harav-rav-wosners-levaya-pushing-and-shoving-is-shfichas-damim.html#sthash.6pi9r0T4.dpuf

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Vishnitzer Rebbe : Pushing And Shoving Is "Spilling of Blood"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:34:38 AM »
I hope the Charedi community will learn from this tragedy to be more sensitive in general to issues of public safety.
For example, I am upset that certain Charedi Kashrut organizations  endanger their Kashrut supervisors by sending them into pro-Hamas Jordan to help provide
the Charedi public with cheap "Mehadrin" vegetables for the Shmitta year.
Below is a picture of a Kashrut supervisor in a Jordanian Greenhouse.

It also according to some is a biblical prohibition for the supervisors to wear Arab clothing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:35:12 AM »
Is there proof that someone intentionally pushed the victim? Isn't there a video of the event?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:39:13 AM »
Listen for example to the lecture
Religious Jews, Kafias and Shmita? by Rabbi Yehoshua Grunstein
http://www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/821289/Rabbi_Yehoshua_Grunstein/#

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:09:59 AM »
Could you summarize the pertinent points of that lecture? I don't have time to listen tonight.

I had thought there was such a thing as a 'Jewish Kefiyeh' but as I looked into it on my Jewish search engine I could only find reference to Kefiyehs being worn by Jew haters (especially Arafag). I suppose as a result it should be a garment which is avoided by Jews.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 03:41:20 AM »
Put the lazy israeli plice at work Charedi comunity is the only community where events aren't guarded sounds intentional..

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 04:24:48 AM »
A video (about 1.5 minutes) of the event appears after a short commercial
http://www.bholworld.com/videopage.aspx?ClipId=5213

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »
In one month is Lag B’Omer. 250,000 Haredim descend on Meron. Every year there are stories how only by a miracle were deaths avoided due to the crush, or from families passing out from thirst and heat stranded for hours in buses. Almost every year at the Muslim Haj in Mecca hundreds are crushed to death in a stampede, and even in England & Belgium lives are regularly squeezed out at football stadiums. At these mass Haaredi gatherings the terrain is ripe for hundreds of deaths ch”v, which may be part of Hashem’s natural culling procedure.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 03:14:14 PM »
It is sickening how many people try to lay blame on Haradim. I don not know specifics but I have experience with large crowds. These kinds of things happen all the time when a large group of people who are in an excited state of mind are forced into cramped spaces. Eventually people get crushed. But it is not the fault of the crowd, rather the fault of those who laid out the route of the procession and possibly (although I dont know specifics) the authorities who are supposed to safe-guard the crowd.

May Hashem show his grace to the family of the victims. And I am sick of the inter-Jew fighting which goes on after these kinds of events.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
Could you summarize the pertinent points of that lecture? I don't have time to listen tonight.

I had thought there was such a thing as a 'Jewish Kefiyeh' but as I looked into it on my Jewish search engine I could only find reference to Kefiyehs being worn by Jew haters (especially Arafag). I suppose as a result it should be a garment which is avoided by Jews.

A few years ago some right wing Jews tried to popularize a Jewish keffiyah. I dont think much came of it.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 02:17:27 AM »
Pardon my ignorance but isn't doing business with Amalekite enemies of the Jews a mortal sin? How can these people justify doing this?

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/193802#.VSUWovmUd8E
Second Victim Dies from Haredi Funeral Stampede

18-year-old becomes second to die as a result of trampling at Rabbi Shmuel Wosner's funeral, in which 100,000 participated.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:52 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/193802#.VSUWovmUd8E

Baruch Dayan HaEmet...

Before the next funeral occurs the leaders of the yeshivas must learn about crowd control and implement processes which will prevent this tragedy again.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
It could easily have been a 100 dead!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »
It is sickening how many people try to lay blame on Haradim. I don not know specifics but I have experience with large crowds. These kinds of things happen all the time when a large group of people who are in an excited state of mind are forced into cramped spaces. Eventually people get crushed. But it is not the fault of the crowd, rather the fault of those who laid out the route of the procession and possibly (although I dont know specifics) the authorities who are supposed to safe-guard the crowd.

May Hashem show his grace to the family of the victims. And I am sick of the inter-Jew fighting which goes on after these kinds of events.

When there is a large gathering and someone gets stampeded to death because the participants could not restrain themselves and act in a civil manner just because there is a large crowd and instead use it as an opportunity to behave like wild animals, then for sure the participants are to blame and they are murderers.  The vishnitzer rebbe said exactly that point. 

It would be pretty sickening for someone to excuse this behavior just because the assailants were his beloved minority group haredim.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 08:34:10 AM »
Was this a real rabbi or a NK-like piece of garbage? Can someone give me some real background to this incident?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:59:17 AM »
He was considered a great sage and revered by all the chassidim, including anti-zionists like Satmar. He founded a chassidic yeshiva in Bneibrak that is the continuation of the Lublin yeshiva in Poland which was destroyed in the holocaust. He wasn't involved in national politics. When his coffin was being carried out of the yeshiva there was a stampede as the crowed rushed towards the exit and some got trampled under the human mass. 
Was this a real rabbi or a NK-like piece of garbage? Can someone give me some real background to this incident?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 01:19:45 PM »
He was considered a great sage and revered by all the chassidim, including anti-zionists like Satmar. He founded a chassidic yeshiva in Bneibrak that is the continuation of the Lublin yeshiva in Poland which was destroyed in the holocaust. He wasn't involved in national politics. When his coffin was being carried out of the yeshiva there was a stampede as the crowed rushed towards the exit and some got trampled under the human mass.

Zelhar's comment refers to Rabbi Wosner zt"l who passed away.  He was also revered by the non-hasidic haredim because of his renowned works on Jewish law.  He lived to 101 years old.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »
Oh was he not the subject of Cf's question?
Zelhar's comment refers to Rabbi Wosner zt"l who passed away.  He was also revered by the non-hasidic haredim because of his renowned works on Jewish law.  He lived to 101 years old.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
Oh was he not the subject of Cf's question?

I think so but wasn't sure, so just clarifying.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
With the average Haredi a full 10-20kg heavier than others, a disaster is in the offing. Look how the Haredim are overpacked on this marginal scaffold terrace and how many would be crushed if it collapsed!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:48:45 AM by Yerusha »