Author Topic: Funny Right Wing Israeli Comedy, LATMA returned  (Read 1043 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Funny Right Wing Israeli Comedy, LATMA returned
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:34:05 AM »
Shalom my JTF friends and Happy Chol HaMoed to you (intermediate days of Passover),

I have mostly good news from my Passover seders. The good news is that on 2nd night I sat at an entirely right wing table. That's right, not a single spineless left-leaning (haha) liberal Jew sat at our Seder table. A couple I don't normally talk to sat down (upon my invitation of course) at the table and the woman started to reveal just how much she disliked the president (putting it mildly). As my other friends entered the room and I invited them to sit with me it soon became apparent that all eight of us were right wingers (of course not all as right wing as myself and most JTFers) but we all could speak freely about our feelings about current events and politics. At another table some of my 'left-wing' friends sat and we joked between each other about this.

I shared with a friend of mine (who davens to the right of me every week) during the final stage of the seder when we sing Chad Gadya (One Small Goat) a funny video (which I emailed to him after the Yom Tov ended) made by the comedy crew LATMA...

Here is their version of Chad Gadya relating the the event a few years ago concerning a Jewish building in Hevron ( http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/12325/hebron-peace-house-purchase-ruled-legal/#pRQY8fp71s273uvi.97 )

LATMA folded up for a year, but has returned with a series called 'We'll be the Judge'...

I love their parody songs...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Funny Right Wing Israeli Comedy, LATMA returned
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:29:37 AM »
Of course the folks at LATMA love Obama like Obama loves America...

I think my friends at Seder would find these videos hilarious.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »
And I was already on a high because on Saturday I saw on the front page of the WSJ which has been delivered to my home (not of my own doing though, never ordered the paper) that the democrats are beginning to feel the loss of Jewish voters.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cracks-appear-in-democratic-jewish-alliance-over-iran-deal-netanyahu-1428097595

Many U.S. Jewish leaders are unnerved both by the new Iran nuclear agreement and the public falling out between President Barack Obama and his Israeli counterpart, developments that are creating a rift in the durable alliance between Jews and the Democratic Party in the run-up to the 2016 elections.

Worried that Iran might still develop a nuclear weapon despite the accord announced Thursday, the Jewish leaders say they feel torn between an Obama administration that has pressed hard for a deal and an Israeli government that has repeatedly warned that Iran is a grave threat to the Jewish state and can’t be trusted to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

A group of Jewish Democratic House members met with White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough in his office last week and cautioned that for them to help “sell a very unpopular [Iran nuclear] deal to our constituents,” Mr. Obama must “increase his popularity with our constituents,” said a Democratic congressman involved in the meeting.

Republicans have begun making moves to try to capitalize on this unease, hoping to peel away Jewish votes and campaign contributions that have historically skewed Democratic.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that he and his cabinet strongly oppose the current deal to regulate Iran's nuclear program.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:53:48 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:24 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »
The latest 'We'll be the Judge' episode...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »