Author Topic: Ethiopian Israelis clash with the police in Tel Aviv - What is JTF's position?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Recently it was filmed that the police used an unjustifiable amount of force against an Ethiopian Israeli soldier. That event and maybe one another started off an Ethiopian-Israeli protest movement against Police Brutality.
Very recently in a protest rally in Tel Aviv, the rally turned violent and dozens were injured
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/306767/photos-dozens-wounded-as-ethiopian-israelis-violently-clash-with-security-forces-in-tel-aviv.html

What is JTF's position on this?
Who was doing the rioting, Ethiopians that are halachicly Jewish or non-Jewish Ethiopians and other Africans?

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Well done the Ethiopian  now other Jews to follow them and they did it in the name of all Jews who must support them.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Who cares about so called last night damages, the assault by these nassikappo daily on israel's streets for verbal argument you can could be arrested treated like the worst arab terrorist for just raising your voice, most of these thugs are illiterate pervs roaming the Jewish country.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
It's very poorly done because they turn the issue into race riots, and it's completely unjustified. Frankly I am very disappointed that many of the Ethiopian Jews identify  with skin color and with race issues of a different culture. I am not sure how prevalent is that type of thinking among them. Allot of them seem to want to integrate. I think there is a growing "youth" problem in that community and for sure the fact that in the past 20 years most of the so called "olim" from Ethiopia were gentiles who just took advantage of an insane eagerness by some Jewish institution to show how enlightened we are with people of color.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
If Ashkenazim or Sephardim or any group are treating fellow Jews badly just because of their race, I would join the riots too

A Jew is a Jew is a Jew is a Jew. And what a terrible chilul hashem to treat a Jew differently because of his looks.

Unfortunately, the Ashkenazim leftist elite in power have a poor track record of racism even against Sephardim and mizrachim jews particularly the Yemenites who were true zionists and real Jews but had their peyote removed and were labeled as primitive by the secular leftist thugs aka Ben gurion, Rabin, and Peres.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The real nggers of Israel are the Muslim Arabs.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The real nggers of Israel are the Muslim Arabs.
+1 I think some of the blacks were not Ethiopian Jews but Sudanese muslim Garbage
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Even if they were justified, I think they were trying to copy off of the blacks in Baltimore. If they want to be real Jews, they should think of themselves as Jews first and not identify with people just because they're black.

Many of the Ethiopians are not really Jewish because they didn't have a real conversion. I hold that they have to have full conversions since it's doubtful that they are actually Jewish since they have no real mesorah and we have no way of knowing their maternal line.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Some of them want to imitate American [censored] and pretend that they are being mistreated. How can they have the chutzpa to complain about racism while they were brought into Israel and received huge benefits at huge expenses on the "racist" Jewish taxpayer. How about some gratitude? Instead, these morons wave flags of Ethiopia I guess they still consider it their mother country, so I suggest them to go back there if it is such a great country.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
I heard that the Israeli left brought the Ethiopians in, and then put them in the worst areas of Israel(ghettos)....
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
It bothers me that, if true, that the ethiopian Jews were not embraced and encouraged to take pride in their Jewishness and not their blackness.

Often, Israelis try to imitate America..this is the latest example of that...

It should be the other way.. America is not the light upon nations..it's Israel that is supposed to act that way and it's looking really bad.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Even if they were justified, I think they were trying to copy off of the blacks in Baltimore. If they want to be real Jews, they should think of themselves as Jews first and not identify with people just because they're black.

Many of the Ethiopians are not really Jewish because they didn't have a real conversion. I hold that they have to have full conversions since it's doubtful that they are actually Jewish since they have no real mesorah and we have no way of knowing their maternal line.
I agree with you on all counts.however those that had a valid halachic conversion are as Jewish as you or I.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
The Likud has been in power most of the time so who is to blame? Anyway they don't have it so bad. I think they are way better of then the American [censored] they imitate, which themselves have it way better off then they claim and are anyway responsible for 99.9% of the social situation of their community.

I heard that the Israeli left brought the Ethiopians in, and then put them in the worst areas of Israel(ghettos)....

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
I agree with you on all counts.however those that had a valid halachic conversion are as Jewish as you or I.

I know. That's why I said they have to have full conversions.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
They could have simply let the gathering dissolve itself stead the nasziscums preferred the confrontation!! see the difference with arabs where they take all precautions to prevent the situation to spin out of control and they don't throw horse at full speed at arabs unlike at gushkatif all  Jewish gathering.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Where were Marzel & Ben Ari?
I forgot they are too busy with the Sudanese to give a damn.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
The Lubavitcher Rebbe warned again and again and again that the Falashas were plain Ethiopain Blacks & not Jews and that to import them en masse would in years to come give Israel sore cause for regret!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Naturally this would be true.  For me, it is impossible to know who's who in that category. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The Jewish Ethiopian soldier was wearing a kippa i doubt he was a trouble maker
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03